+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

That's funny, Poppy--- the first time I remember Juicy was him sitting behind a desk and Tess offering some sort of sex on the spot. I thought, OMG that side of beef is her husband? Juicy, not. Then I began feeling sorry for him, not able to reveal financial problems, pretense and pretending, and look at him now, way way far over his head. And her too. Their combined reach exceeded their grasp. By a long shot.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

It looks like the Jersey wives are going to be on The Fashion Show. I missed the date though. Can you imagine the interaction between Teresa and Iman??

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4123898;
    It looks like the Jersey wives are going to be on The Fashion Show. I missed the date though. Can you imagine the interaction between Teresa and Iman??
    I can't stand the Fashion Show & quickly tire of trying to understand what Iman is saying. Let's just say the Fashion Show is no Project Runway.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4122112;
    I read recently that both Manzo boys have moved out of mommy's house and acquired their own bachelor pad. They then started a rumor that they have a Bravo spin-off in the works, which has been hotly denied by Bravo "insiders."

Caroline, it is reported, is none too happy about this.
    Which is she none too happy about? Them moving, possible reality show, or non show?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4124010;
    Which is she none too happy about? Them moving, possible reality show, or non show?
    Caroline without the boys is about as exciting to watch as paint drying. The boys will take the limelight and she'll be relegated to a bit player.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4121967;
    I can't help it...I love Teresa. If she not on the show, or not able to be on the show, I won't watch the show. I like Caroline and Jacqueline, but the real reason I tune in is for Teresa.
    Recently Teresa hosted an event/book signing that helped out a local food bank.

She was very gracious...made sure to thank everyone for coming and bringing food donations... and spent a lot of time answering questions and signing everything from a napkin to her book. She actually gave away quite a few books and donated cases of can goods....and quite a few frozen turkeys.

I already had her book..but purchased 3 more for gifts....as they were donated by Teresa and the money went to the food bank.

I like her. She was warm and polite....had a good sense of humor... made sure to include everyone in her conversations....and ask those around her about their families and holiday plans.

At times it got crowded and loud...but I never witnessed an eye roll or any sort of impatience from her. She was very nice to everyone and stayed much longer than she needed to.

She helped raise a lot of money but seemed a little uncomfortable by all the praise she received. When she stated that it was her pleasure...you knew she really meant it.

I will continue to watch the show as long as she's on it.

FORT Fogey

I think Teresa's a good person and I've always thought that. I think she gets very caught up in the drama though, she loves it. Her reactions to Danielle seem crazy, but sometimes I wonder at how much Danielle does to them that we don't see, and how much rumor starting she does about Teresa. I'm willing to bet it's a lot.

As far as her money situation goes, it's stupid, she's stupid for allowing it to happen. But I don't think she was trying to hurt anyone, I think she just refused to face the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4124828;
    I think Teresa's a good person and I've always thought that. I think she gets very caught up in the drama though, she loves it. Her reactions to Danielle seem crazy, but sometimes I wonder at how much Danielle does to them that we don't see, and how much rumor starting she does about Teresa. I'm willing to bet it's a lot.
    I used to think that way also about Teresa until last season when she deliberately forced that communication between her and Danielle at that fashion show, starting all that escalating drama. If you watch her face, when she said what appeared to be an innocent hello, you know there was more behind her words/actions. If you dislike someone as much as she claims she does Danielle, one would think she would avoid any communication, unless provoked.
    She's not evil but she definitely had an agenda that night.

FORT Fogey

True, if you simply dislike someone. But if you're angry at someone for something they've done to you, that's a different story. Teresa's agenda that night was to confront Danielle on rumors she'd been spreading. Her anger was fresh and she wasn't in a place yet to just say "screw her I'm just going to ignore her" and who knows if she's even that emotionally mature?

Still, all that doesn't make her a bad person, IMO.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4125031;
    True, if you simply dislike someone. But if you're angry at someone for something they've done to you, that's a different story. Teresa's agenda that night was to confront Danielle on rumors she'd been spreading. Her anger was fresh and she wasn't in a place yet to just say "screw her I'm just going to ignore her" and who knows if she's even that emotionally mature?

Still, all that doesn't make her a bad person, IMO.
    I don't think it's up to me to say who is "good" or who is "bad." We're all a bit of each, are we not? Teresa, I am sure, has many good qualities. She is however a perjurer and a thief. I can overlook her b.s. with the drama and the street-fighter image, but I cannot overlook the fact that she and her husband, in attempting to walk away from debt they incurred with contractors and small businesses, brought real harm to many honest people. Their choices have been, at the very least, unethical. If Teresa told me it was raining, I would have to look out the window to confirm it.

Their arrogance and stupidity in submitting fraudulent tax returns as evidence in the bankruptcy action is unfathomable to me. Their pre-trial hearing is on Tuesday and I'm sure the possibility that their bankruptcy relief will be denied is hanging heavily over her now, no matter how she acts at book signings.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 12-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread