+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3404Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4062823;
    Yep, Snow Bunny, it's not that you're wrong, it's that I think you didn't understand the point of the deposition. Caroline was not testifying as to the truth or falsity of what actually happened between Danielle and her husband, because you're right, Caroline couldn't have known what happened and her testimony would be heresay. BUT, the husband's claim is that Danielle LIED about what happened and DEFAMED him --- so this lawsuit is about what Danielle TOLD other people about the marriage. The deposition was for the purpose of Caroline telling the court what Danielle told her --- not whether it was true or not.

Sigh. . . can I have some of your Cherry Garcia?
    Okay so telling stories to your "BFF's and probably anyone else who would listen how your EX physically & sexually assulted you without physical proof or her not filing charges against her EX, I could she how she defamed him.

Hands Poppy a spoon to share her ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4062850;
    Okay so telling stories to your "BFF's and probably anyone else who would listen how your EX physically & sexually assulted you without physical proof or her not filing charges against her EX, I could she how she defamed him.
    But wouldn't he have to prove that he suffered damages because of it? Poppy?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4062846;
    Ahahahah!!

I had forgotten about the priest! The most disturbing part of that very disturbing scene was that the priest agreed to be on RHoNJ. While "counseling" Danielle. OMG. I wonder if he is really a priest or just plays one on TV.
    I think he just plays one on TV...at least for his sake I hope so! And if I remember correctly...didn't Danielle make a statement something like..."I'm a very devout Catholic" on that show and then shortly thereafter, they showed her with her legs spread eagle as she wrapped herself around that pole and showed all the other women there (or woman, as Danielle would say...lol) how to seduce men with your sleazy moves and seductive grin while on said pole? Didn't know that the Catholic church now holds classes in "Pole Dancing and Seductive Moves 101" for their most devout followers. As John Stossel would say...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

I just watched a segment of the Dr. Phil show on video...

When they get to the table flipping, Teresa said that it was her 1st time at the rodeo, and that she had never done anything like that before, yeah sure....she is a certifiable loon and needs serious Anger Management stat!. She went on to blamed the negative press against Italians on the Jersey Shore Bores.

When another guest started to say what Italians are renowned for: Michelangelo, DaVinci, Raphael etc. Our resident Einstein chimes in with Picasso, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Pizza. LMAO...Yeah, way to show you know your heritage... btw, Picasso was Spanish!

I guess all that hair on her head didn't leave much room for brains.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4062850;
    Okay so telling stories to your "BFF's and probably anyone else who would listen how your EX physically & sexually assulted you without physical proof or her not filing charges against her EX, I could she how she defamed him...
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4063069;
    But wouldn't he have to prove that he suffered damages because of it? Poppy?
    I don't know the specifics of this lawsuit, so I can't really comment on the "actual damage" element/s of his claim. Defamation laws are failry complicated, and in the US they are not "plaintiff friendly" unless the plaintiff is a public official. Perhaps his lawyer is alleging "defamation per se," which does not require actual damage.

There are 4 categories of slander that are actionable per se: accusing someone of a crime, alleging that someone has a "foul or loathsome disease," alleging that a person is unfit to conduct their business or trade, and imputing serious sexual misconduct. In a per se action, the plaintiff only needs to prove that someone had published the statement to any third party, and doesn't need proof of special damages. The legal defenses against defamation suits are numerous and volumes have been written about them. Some of them go back 2.000 years.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-18-2010 at 09:36 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Is the ex-husband that's suing Danielle the father of her daughters?? Because she certainly attempted to defame him... and yet when the girls saw him at the sweet-16 it seemed very normal for them for him to be there...

Re: Bad press about Italians coming from Teresa or Jersey Shore.... firstly, anyone who believes that all Italians are one way because of a few people on TV is a moron, honestly. But in the end, the Jersey Shore kids are just that - kids. They're young people with no real attachments, no family to humiliate, etc. Who knows how they'll be in a few years? Right now, like lots of 20 year olds, they're just having fun. They don't blame the bad things they do on being Italian.

Teresa, on the other hand, is shaming her entire family and blaming her bad behavior on being Italian. She's being irresponsible in so many ways, and claiming it's okay because "she's Italian." It's horrible.

FORT Newbie

tears.and.rain The lawsuit is from Danielle's first husband Kevin Maher who's life is featured in "tha book" Cop Without a Badge. Rumor has it he was already married and that they were never legally married. Frankly he should be thanking her because his book was reprinted because of this show. So no, this is not the father of her girls.

eta: I so agree with you that Teresa uses the fiesty Italian as an excuse for her behavior and I find it offensive.
    Last edited by chainey; 09-18-2010 at 12:58 PM.

EXCLUSIVE: Teresa Giudice's Husband Joe Sentenced To 10 Days In Jail | Radar Online

Teresa Giudice's Husband Joe Sentenced To 10 Days In Jail

Giuseppe “Joe” Giudice, the husband of The Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice, was sentenced to jail on Wednesday, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

A judge sentenced Joe to ten days in prison and Joe is expected to begin his sentence next week. According to the document obtained by RadarOnline.com exclusively, he was also fined $1,000 and his license is suspended for at least another year. Oddly, the court action document does not list Giudice's name. Sources tell RadarOnline.com that the reason for the jail time is because Joe drove with a suspended license.

In January, he was charged with driving under the influence after crashing his car into a telephone pole in Montville Township, New Jersey. He was taken to the hospital and then released to the police due to outstanding warrants. In March, he was fined $864, had his license revoked for 12 months, and was sentenced to 30 days of community service.

Before Joe heads into the slammer, he and his wife Teresa will celebrate the first birthday of their youngest daughter.

Why would the court docs not list his name?
    KAREN

I was wondering if this happens to any of you guys. Whenever there is a post for Radar on Line and I click on it, my computer shuts down. I've been to Radar many times and didn't have this problem. It only seems to be when it's a posted link. Do any of you ever have this problem or know what it is? Thanks

FORT Fan

I've been having problems with radar off and on lately... and not necessarily only when I click on links. You're definitely not alone.

+ Reply to Thread