+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4062249;
    There is no way in the world to know if Danielle Staub is now, or ever has been, in therapy. Not unless she chooses to disclose it - and who would? It's a private kind of thing, dontcha think?
    Of course it's private. My post did not contain one single word suggesting she should disclose whether she's ever had therapy. My post was about her needing therapy for the many issues that lead her to make poor life choices, if not for her own sake, then for the sake of her daughters. If she's ever had any real therapy (not the energist) from a professional, it hasn't helped, so either she can't/won't be helped or should try a different therapist.

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;4062193;
    ^^ ITA dragonlady!!

Also, I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually stopped watching half way through this season because I couldn't stand Danielle. And when I finally started back, I fastforwarded through her segments - there is nothing interesting about her! I'm still shocked that she's been offered her own show. I'm not sure there was anyway to spin it to make her even the least bit interesting. Guess I should be happy I don't get Wealth TV...
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4062235;
    Okay I read this very quickly but since Caroline obviously was not present during any of this, lawyers please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that heresay evidence & that would not hold up in court???

You know what, Caroline my dear(and for the record I really do admire her), if you wouldn't have gotten yourself all caught-up in this RHW franchise you wouldn't be involved in any of Danielle's drama.

Sigh...there is a pint of Cherry Garcia in my freezer calling my name.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4062449;
    Of course it's private. My post did not contain one single word suggesting she should disclose whether she's ever had therapy. My post was about her needing therapy for the many issues that lead her to make poor life choices, if not for her own sake, then for the sake of her daughters. If she's ever had any real therapy (not the energist) from a professional, it hasn't helped, so either she can't/won't be helped or should try a different therapist.
    Your post stated the only kind of help she sought was from an "energist." You can't know that. You also cannot know if any therapy she may have received has been of benefit to her. Let's be real. This is a TV show, and there are many things about these women we are not privy to. I will withhold any judgment on her mental state until I see her in other venues.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Others have a right to judge it though, right?

Honestly, I almost hope she has a certifiable emotional issue. I know that sounds terrible, but otherwise there'd be no excuse. I hope so for her daughters' sake, as well. It's much easier to reconcile "mommy did the best she could but she had some problems" than "mommy used us in place of her adult friends after she drove them away, regardless of whether it was fair to us." One day those girls are going to realize how unfair their mother is to them, and what kind of "help" she's gotten may determine what kind of relationship they're willing to have with her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4062656;
    Your post stated the only kind of help she sought was from an "energist." You can't know that. You also cannot know if any therapy she may have received has been of benefit to her. Let's be real. This is a TV show, and there are many things about these women we are not privy to. I will withhold any judgment on her mental state until I see her in other venues.
    If you go back and read my post again, you will see that I said: The only kind of help she apparently sought was from the "energist," ....

My use of the word "apparently" means that was the only type of help she sought that was made apparent to us, the viewers. In other words, it appears that is the only type of help she sought. I didn't state that I know for a fact that is the only type of help she has sought recently or at any time in her life. It's obvious I would not know that. Every comment made on this entire board about any characters in any reality show is a judgment based on what we saw on TV and perhaps read online or in gossip mags, not any knowledge of the entire scope and every detail of that person's life. However, if Danielle is seeing an actual therapist, or did at any time, she didn't get much help, which is a judgment I am making from what we saw of her on the show, and unless she is an actress rivalling the skill of Meryl Streep, or has a split personality, I think that what we saw represents pretty much, if not exactly, who she is.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 09-17-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4062656;
    Poppy, you're a much better person than I am. Truly. I know we shouldn't judge these people by what we see on TV but it is a very human condition to make assessments about others by their continuous repeated actions and I know I sure have done so. I usually live to regret it too.
    She may or may not have had any mental condition that is verified but she does express classic signs of a troubled person by her behaviors.

I had forgotten about Danielle talking to the priest. Now that the season is over, it really makes me angry to think of her acting like a poor injured victim, needing the priest's and God's help.

Maybe the priest should have told her that he'd be happy to help her as soon as she was done making her sex video!!
    I'm forever astonished by the audacity of some people.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4062589;
    Okay I read this very quickly but since Caroline obviously was not present during any of this, lawyers please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that heresay evidence & that would not hold up in court???

You know what, Caroline my dear(and for the record I really do admire her), if you wouldn't have gotten yourself all caught-up in this RHW franchise you wouldn't be involved in any of Danielle's drama.

Sigh...there is a pint of Cherry Garcia in my freezer calling my name.
    Yep, Snow Bunny, it's not that you're wrong, it's that I think you didn't understand the point of the deposition. Caroline was not testifying as to the truth or falsity of what actually happened between Danielle and her husband, because you're right, Caroline couldn't have known what happened and her testimony would be heresay. BUT, the husband's claim is that Danielle LIED about what happened and DEFAMED him --- so this lawsuit is about what Danielle TOLD other people about the marriage. The deposition was for the purpose of Caroline telling the court what Danielle told her --- not whether it was true or not.

Sigh. . . can I have some of your Cherry Garcia?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4062773;
    Maybe the priest should have told her that he'd be happy to help her as soon as she was done making her sex video!!
    Funniest line yet!!!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4062773;
    Ahahahah!!

I had forgotten about the priest! The most disturbing part of that very disturbing scene was that the priest agreed to be on RHoNJ. While "counseling" Danielle. OMG. I wonder if he is really a priest or just plays one on TV.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread