+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2854Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #4561
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,123

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Danielle is a very scarred person. I imagine that her youth must have been pretty awful for her to make the life decisions that she did. These only led to more bad things. Seems like her back was up against the wall with her divorce (i.e. possibly losing the house and way of life, etc.) and she was at the end of her rope. We are seeing the outcome of a desperate woman at a critical stage of life.

    Given her turbulent youth followed by an even more turbulent young adulthood, I don't think she ever fully matured.

  2. #4562
    FORT Regular kidstookitall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    139

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Teresa and Caroline on Dr. Phil tomorrow. I saw a preview of it and if I have to hear Caroline say "Own It" one more time I'm going to lose it.

  3. #4563
    FORT Fan BlondeOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Illionis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    173

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4061584;
    Danielle is a very scarred person. I imagine that her youth must have been pretty awful for her to make the life decisions that she did. These only led to more bad things. Seems like her back was up against the wall with her divorce (i.e. possibly losing the house and way of life, etc.) and she was at the end of her rope. We are seeing the outcome of a desperate woman at a critical stage of life.

    Given her turbulent youth followed by an even more turbulent young adulthood, I don't think she ever fully matured.
    This is one of the best assessments I have seen on any of the housewives.
    Unfortunately, most people with BPD will not seek help because they think everyone else is the problem.

  4. #4564
    FORT Fan BlondeOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Illionis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    173

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4061596;
    Teresa and Caroline on Dr. Phil tomorrow. I saw a preview of it and if I have to hear Caroline say "Own It" one more time I'm going to lose it.
    I can not stand that man. To me he is a fraud and a phony.
    And I wanted to get my 30th post. LOL

  5. #4565
    FORT Fanatic canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    515

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4061596;
    Teresa and Caroline on Dr. Phil tomorrow. I saw a preview of it and if I have to hear Caroline say "Own It" one more time I'm going to lose it.
    "Own it" is a popular term used by all; however, I don't ever want to hear another word (no matter what the words are) come out of her mouth. Ditto for Teresa.

    Can't believe that Teresa and her kids are on the cover of In Touch AGAIN this week.

    It looks like all these beyotches will continue to be rewarded for their bad behavior. I HATE IT!!!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

  6. #4566
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4061584;
    Danielle is a very scarred person. I imagine that her youth must have been pretty awful for her to make the life decisions that she did. These only led to more bad things. Seems like her back was up against the wall with her divorce (i.e. possibly losing the house and way of life, etc.) and she was at the end of her rope. We are seeing the outcome of a desperate woman at a critical stage of life.

    Given her turbulent youth followed by an even more turbulent young adulthood, I don't think she ever fully matured.
    It's been said that you can only blame your parents/childhood for about 35 years. After that, you should be mature enough to decide what and how you want to live your life and make your choices. So I can overlook and dismiss mistakes and bad choices she made as a young adult, because we all make dumb choices then but at her age now, she should be handling her life in a different way. Unfortunately, her choices now affect her daughters negatively. Otherwise I wouldn't care what a mess she made of her life.

  7. #4567
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    240

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    ^^ ITA dragonlady!!

    Also, I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually stopped watching half way through this season because I couldn't stand Danielle. And when I finally started back, I fastforwarded through her segments - there is nothing interesting about her! I'm still shocked that she's been offered her own show. I'm not sure there was anyway to spin it to make her even the least bit interesting. Guess I should be happy I don't get Wealth TV...

  8. #4568
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4062022;
    It's been said that you can only blame your parents/childhood for about 35 years. After that, you should be mature enough to decide what and how you want to live your life and make your choices. So I can overlook and dismiss mistakes and bad choices she made as a young adult, because we all make dumb choices then but at her age now, she should be handling her life in a different way. Unfortunately, her choices now affect her daughters negatively. Otherwise I wouldn't care what a mess she made of her life.
    Exactly. She had the time and the money (despite her claims of being poor, she managed to afford expensive beauty treatments and clothes) to seek therapy, if not for her own sake, then for her daughters'. The obstacle to that is that she's in such deep denial that there's anything wrong with her. Everyone else is the problem, never her. The only kind of help she apparently went for was the "energist," whom she managed to manipulate into believing she was the victim of Jacqueline and the others. I'm sure the energist did whatever Danielle wanted because that's who was paying her for her dubious services. We were also shown Danielle's visit with a priest, whom she apparently also managed to bamboozle as far as who is responsible for her problems. What she needs is a no-nonsense, no-BS psychotherapist who can really help her see the truth and turn herself around ... if she's even capable of that at all. Now that she's getting rewarded for her behavior by being featured in her own TV show(s), she has even less incentive and probably sees even less reason to work on her mental state.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 09-16-2010 at 01:26 PM.

  9. #4569
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  10. #4570
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4062230;
    Exactly. She had the time and the money (despite her claims of being poor, she managed to afford expensive beauty treatments and clothes) to seek therapy, if not for her own sake, then for her daughters'. The obstacle to that is that she's in such deep denial that there's anything wrong with her. Everyone else is the problem, never her. The only kind of help she apparently went for was the "energist," whom she managed to manipulate into believing she was the victim of Jacqueline and the others. I'm sure the energist did whatever Danielle wanted because that's who was paying her for her dubious services. We were also shown Danielle's visit with a priest, whom she apparently also managed to bamboozle as far as who is responsible for her problems. What she needs is a no-nonsense, no-BS psychotherapist who can really help her see the truth and turn herself around ... if she's even capable of that at all. Now that she's getting rewarded for her behavior by being featured in her own TV show(s), she has even less incentive and probably sees even less reason to work on her mental state.
    There is no way in the world to know if Danielle Staub is now, or ever has been, in therapy. Not unless she chooses to disclose it - and who would? It's a private kind of thing, dontcha think?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.