+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2854Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Danielle is a very scarred person. I imagine that her youth must have been pretty awful for her to make the life decisions that she did. These only led to more bad things. Seems like her back was up against the wall with her divorce (i.e. possibly losing the house and way of life, etc.) and she was at the end of her rope. We are seeing the outcome of a desperate woman at a critical stage of life.

Given her turbulent youth followed by an even more turbulent young adulthood, I don't think she ever fully matured.

Teresa and Caroline on Dr. Phil tomorrow. I saw a preview of it and if I have to hear Caroline say "Own It" one more time I'm going to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4061584;
    Danielle is a very scarred person. I imagine that her youth must have been pretty awful for her to make the life decisions that she did. These only led to more bad things. Seems like her back was up against the wall with her divorce (i.e. possibly losing the house and way of life, etc.) and she was at the end of her rope. We are seeing the outcome of a desperate woman at a critical stage of life.

Given her turbulent youth followed by an even more turbulent young adulthood, I don't think she ever fully matured.
    This is one of the best assessments I have seen on any of the housewives.
    Unfortunately, most people with BPD will not seek help because they think everyone else is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4061596;
    Teresa and Caroline on Dr. Phil tomorrow. I saw a preview of it and if I have to hear Caroline say "Own It" one more time I'm going to lose it.
    I can not stand that man. To me he is a fraud and a phony.
    And I wanted to get my 30th post. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4061596;
    "Own it" is a popular term used by all; however, I don't ever want to hear another word (no matter what the words are) come out of her mouth. Ditto for Teresa.

Can't believe that Teresa and her kids are on the cover of In Touch AGAIN this week.

It looks like all these beyotches will continue to be rewarded for their bad behavior. I HATE IT!!!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4061584;

It's been said that you can only blame your parents/childhood for about 35 years. After that, you should be mature enough to decide what and how you want to live your life and make your choices. So I can overlook and dismiss mistakes and bad choices she made as a young adult, because we all make dumb choices then but at her age now, she should be handling her life in a different way. Unfortunately, her choices now affect her daughters negatively. Otherwise I wouldn't care what a mess she made of her life.

FORT Fan

^^ ITA dragonlady!!

Also, I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually stopped watching half way through this season because I couldn't stand Danielle. And when I finally started back, I fastforwarded through her segments - there is nothing interesting about her! I'm still shocked that she's been offered her own show. I'm not sure there was anyway to spin it to make her even the least bit interesting. Guess I should be happy I don't get Wealth TV...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4062022;
    It's been said that you can only blame your parents/childhood for about 35 years. After that, you should be mature enough to decide what and how you want to live your life and make your choices. So I can overlook and dismiss mistakes and bad choices she made as a young adult, because we all make dumb choices then but at her age now, she should be handling her life in a different way. Unfortunately, her choices now affect her daughters negatively. Otherwise I wouldn't care what a mess she made of her life.
    Exactly. She had the time and the money (despite her claims of being poor, she managed to afford expensive beauty treatments and clothes) to seek therapy, if not for her own sake, then for her daughters'. The obstacle to that is that she's in such deep denial that there's anything wrong with her. Everyone else is the problem, never her. The only kind of help she apparently went for was the "energist," whom she managed to manipulate into believing she was the victim of Jacqueline and the others. I'm sure the energist did whatever Danielle wanted because that's who was paying her for her dubious services. We were also shown Danielle's visit with a priest, whom she apparently also managed to bamboozle as far as who is responsible for her problems. What she needs is a no-nonsense, no-BS psychotherapist who can really help her see the truth and turn herself around ... if she's even capable of that at all. Now that she's getting rewarded for her behavior by being featured in her own TV show(s), she has even less incentive and probably sees even less reason to work on her mental state.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 09-16-2010 at 01:26 PM.

"Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4062230;
    Exactly. She had the time and the money (despite her claims of being poor, she managed to afford expensive beauty treatments and clothes) to seek therapy, if not for her own sake, then for her daughters'. The obstacle to that is that she's in such deep denial that there's anything wrong with her. Everyone else is the problem, never her. The only kind of help she apparently went for was the "energist," whom she managed to manipulate into believing she was the victim of Jacqueline and the others. I'm sure the energist did whatever Danielle wanted because that's who was paying her for her dubious services. We were also shown Danielle's visit with a priest, whom she apparently also managed to bamboozle as far as who is responsible for her problems. What she needs is a no-nonsense, no-BS psychotherapist who can really help her see the truth and turn herself around ... if she's even capable of that at all. Now that she's getting rewarded for her behavior by being featured in her own TV show(s), she has even less incentive and probably sees even less reason to work on her mental state.
    There is no way in the world to know if Danielle Staub is now, or ever has been, in therapy. Not unless she chooses to disclose it - and who would? It's a private kind of thing, dontcha think?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread