+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

  1. #4531
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,001

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4057162;
    I've lived in 4 different states...currently in CA and I can never find a good pizza anywhere other than when I go back home to NY to visit. Believe me...I totally pig out on pizza when I go home....I want to eat it for every meal because once I leave there...I know it'll be a very long time until I get to have a yummy pizza again. Not sure about Jersey...although I think it probably have good pizza like NY, since they are close by each other.
    Getting back to pizza (a much yummier subject), I think norealityhere's right (in her post upthread), because NY and NJ are so geographically close to each other. I remember years ago several top chefs were trying to figure out why NY pizza is thought to be the best, and they did some comparisons with the exact same ingredients, but making the pizzas in different parts of the country. The NY pizza was always the outstanding favorite. They determined that the only difference could have been the water --- because the only variation in the preparation was that they each used the local water supply. So, if NY + NJ share a water supply, everything else being equal, NJ pizza should be as good as NY's.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 09-10-2010 at 08:22 AM.

  2. #4532
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,001

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4058138;
    That comment about her breaking off contact with Danny after the Battle of the Brownstone was (and I say this as somebody who will bend over backward in defense of the underdog Danielle) an OUT AND OUT LIE. There. I said it.
    Of course it's a lie. We saw weeks of tv programming after the Brownstone Debacle, with Danielle and Danny plotting together in almost every one of them. The show is on TV Danielle!!! The millions of people watching it can see for themselves that you're lying!!!

  3. #4533
    FORT Fanatic Holly in SoCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    539

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4058214;
    Getting back to pizza (a much yummier subject), I think norealityhere's right (in her post upthread), because NY and NJ are so geographically close to each other. I remember years ago several top chefs were trying to figure out why NY pizza is thought to be the best, and they did some comparisons with the exact same ingredients, but making the pizzas in different parts of the country. The NY pizza was always the outstanding favorite. They determined that the only difference could have been the water --- because the only variation in the preparation was that they each used the local water supply. So, if NY + NJ share a water supply, everything else being equal, NJ pizza should be as good as NY's.
    Now I'm really, really craving NY pizza!!!! Wonder if they deliver to SoCal? LOL

  4. #4534
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    OMG, Holly.
    I'm with you.
    My mouth waters just thinking about it.
    Nobody can get that crust just right, like they do.
    And, yes, it's due to the water.
    Same thing with the bagels.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  5. #4535
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4058328;
    Now I'm really, really craving NY pizza!!!! Wonder if they deliver to SoCal? LOL
    I'm with you! Thinking of driving to NYC with 3 gallon jugs and bringing home municipal water
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  6. #4536
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Agreed! I must say like a sucker I fall for the "New York Style Pizza" signs whenever I travel, and the minute they hand you the slice the disappointment sets in.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  7. #4537
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,796

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4058436;
    Same thing with the bagels.
    New York bagels are the light of my life. Especially because they have the best cream cheese there too, and they're not shy about using it! Oh now I'm hungry....

  8. #4538
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4060054;
    New York bagels are the light of my life. Especially because they have the best cream cheese there too, and they're not shy about using it! Oh now I'm hungry....
    OMG. I just finsihed eating, but I'm dreaming of bagels.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  9. #4539
    Éirinn go Brách NJ EJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    810

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4058214;
    So, if NY + NJ share a water supply, everything else being equal, NJ pizza should be as good as NY's.
    NYC gets its water from upstate NY. NJ has its own reservoirs & lots of homes -- like mine -- have bedrock wells. Some homes have cisterns.

    I love thin crust pizza & have to say that my local pizza joint is the absolute best. But like most things in this world, it's a matter of preference & personal history.

  10. #4540
    FORT Fanatic Holly in SoCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    539

    Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

    I've really been longing to post replies to all the posts here on the NY pizza/bagel thing...but I'm afraid we'll get busted for being off-topic!!! But I agree w/all!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.