+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Yes, I think Bravo has been circling the drain for some time with its original programming. I watched a couple of episodes of RHoNY when it first started and wasn't interested ... only started with NJ because it's the land of my birth (although not the upscale areas shown). I liked the kinder, gentler days of Bravo, with Queer Eye (one of my all-times faves) and Project Runway, and I do like Bethenny's show.

Here's Jacqueline's blog explaining Part 2 reunion. She still manages to rehash Danielle's lies, lies, lies and lies before she gets into what led up to the apology.

It was obvious (to me anyway) that by the apology and hugging thingie that J and D were still going their separate ways and were not going to be friends because of it. It was just a peace of mind gesture.

After all that blogging, Caroline and Theresa were just fine in her books. Which reminds me -- they never admitted they ever did anything wrong -- it was ALL Danielle.

The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Blogs - Jacqueline Laurita - An Epiphany | Bravo TV Official Site
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I really, really hope that Bravo cans Ashley for Season 3. I just don't think I could take another whole season of her ignorant, disrespectful BS.

I keep wondering why Caroline didn't invite her to move in with the Manzos after she left home. That would have been perfect for all of them: Caroline gets another "kid" to guide onto the "right path;" Ashley gets to "belong" somewhere; Jac gets to heave a sigh of relief. Maybe they are saving that for Season 3.

Shoot me now.

Oh... and I really, really pray there's no "lost footage" epis. RIP RHoNJ.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by run4cures;4056709;
    I was NOT by any means demeaning these women for being stay at home moms. Personally I think we need more moms devoted first to their children and homes vs being devoted to their careers, putting the children last.

(I am not talking about the MANY moms that HAVE to work to pay the rent)

When I brought up education I was mostly talking about T and D. They seem to have barely made through high school.

Hence Education is a MUST. Even if it is a solid HS education.
    That's what I figured, it just wasn't entirely clear. It's a tricky subject, because we do need more "Caroline's" so to speak, but so many moms do have to work.

It's interesting that you were talking about T and D, because they seem to be the ones who, when finances were dire, still didn't go out and get a job. If, God forbid, the Brownstone had a terrible fire, do you think Caroline would hesitate to go out and get herself a job? If the Lauritas needed money, I think J would go back to work, and if Tommy messed up his cash flow, I think Dina would get herself back in business in a heartbeat. Whereas Danielle talked and talked and talked about how she had no money, presumably to her young daughters as well, without lifting a finger to help the situation. I believe that it's possible Teresa didn't know how bad it was, but it's also her responsibility to be on top of things.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4057062;
    That's what I figured, it just wasn't entirely clear. It's a tricky subject, because we do need more "Caroline's" so to speak, but so many moms do have to work.

It's interesting that you were talking about T and D, because they seem to be the ones who, when finances were dire, still didn't go out and get a job. If, God forbid, the Brownstone had a terrible fire, do you think Caroline would hesitate to go out and get herself a job? If the Lauritas needed money, I think J would go back to work, and if Tommy messed up his cash flow, I think Dina would get herself back in business in a heartbeat. Whereas Danielle talked and talked and talked about how she had no money, presumably to her young daughters as well, without lifting a finger to help the situation. I believe that it's possible Teresa didn't know how bad it was, but it's also her responsibility to be on top of things.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't Teresa state on the reunion show that as soon as she knew how bad things were financially for their family, she immediately started to work? Unless she's referring to writing a book and maybe signing the book at events as her idea of "working"? But then again...the book had to have been written way BEFORE she supposedly knew about the financial problems, since she signed her book publishing deal right before filing bankruptcy and she claims she was totally clueless about their finances. You can't write a book in one night! The timeline does not add up if this is the case.

FORT Fogey

I have yet to see the second half of Part 2 but you could be right. I don't know where she would have been working though? If she did, I stand corrected and good for her! Honestly, if we found that to be true, my respect for her would go up immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4057092;
    I have yet to see the second half of Part 2 but you could be right. I don't know where she would have been working though? If she did, I stand corrected and good for her! Honestly, if we found that to be true, my respect for her would go up immensely.
    She didn't go into where it was that she was working...so I thought maybe she meant writing a book was what she called "working". Maybe she has been stomping some extra grapes and making extra tomatoe sauce and selling it...now that could be a business!!

FORT Fogey

Ahaha I would buy Teresa's tomato sauce in a heartbeat. Just out of curiosity. Spending $300 to go to her auction was a little much, but a jar of tomato sauce.... I'm willing to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4057107;
    Ahaha I would buy Teresa's tomato sauce in a heartbeat. Just out of curiosity. Spending $300 to go to her auction was a little much, but a jar of tomato sauce.... I'm willing to do that.
    Yep...how bad can homemade authentic Italian tomato sauce be? I'm sure it would be yummy! And...she could actually have the entire family involved in a legit business...even the girls could help out.

FORT Fogey

Sure! I think it's great to have a family business. A pizza shop was actually a pretty good idea.... people LOVE good pizza. I would sell my favorite shoes for REALLY good pizza.

+ Reply to Thread