+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4056088;
    News - Danielle Staub: Why I Left Real Housewives - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

Let's hope the only thing that spins off Danielle is her head.
    This article reveals the typical musings of the crackpot that Danielle truly is. I had to laugh reading this quote: A spin-off, she says, would allow "my kids [Christine, 16, and Jillian, 12] to be seen for the wonderful children that they are. I want to be shown as a mother, an artist, a supporter of my charities and the foundations that I'm passionate about. I want to use my platform to speak about the things that I love in my life."
    An artist??? For the life of me, I can't wrap my head around that description. An artist because she recorded one song???
    My head spins at the narcissism of this woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4056263;
    I didn't see it all, either, but I think Danielle had a little show-and-tell set up with that wig, which she used to illustrate how extensions are attached to one's hair, how much force it takes to pull them out, and how some of the real hair next to the scalp comes out with them. She had Andy pull on the hair for demonstration purposes. Only Danielle would think of doing that and feel the need to further drive home the point of how harmed she had been by Ashley. I don't doubt that it hurt ... I just think it was beyond time to stop harping on it.
    I hate to admit it but earlier this year I tried hair extensions and soon regretted it and had them removed. But I can speak honestly about what happens when they come out. Some are very strongly attached and some are not. I had a few occasions when some would come out with just running a brush through my hair with no tugging, pulling involved. And when that happened, there was no pain at all. Some are tighter than others and would probably cause some pain but there's really very little hair attached to the extensions. Nothing like Danielle is implying.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4056469;
    I don't think that's entirely fair. Of all of them, Jacqueline and Dina supported themselves before they married their husbands, and I'm sure Caroline has an education and some skills. Their choice to stay home should be as respected as the choice to work outside the home.
    Very well said. Women who become stay at home wives and mothers should not be demeaned for this choice. They don't "live off" their husband's money but do a very hard job(s) which their husband would have to pay someone (nannies, housekeepers, cooks, cleaners, assistants, etc. to do. It's definitely an exchange. I get very frustrated with people who think that women who don't have a regular paying job, do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4056505;
    Here's an interview that D did with Out magazine regarding the reunion and a lot more.

Out.com Features | Catching Up With Danielle Staub
    Danielle portrays herself as someone who is deeply offended by a slur on the gay community, much more so than anyone else in the world, and she acts like this made her stop speaking to Danny Provenzano. Seems to me, watching the show, that she continued her contact and friendship with him after he said those things at the Brownstone. How long was she in shock, rendered speechless??....weeks, months??? She forgets everything was filmed so we know she's now just trying to cover her rear. And after reading the rest of this article, the ego of this woman still astonishes me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4056545;
    Very well said. Women who become stay at home wives and mothers should not be demeaned for this choice. They don't "live off" their husband's money but do a very hard job(s) which their husband would have to pay someone (nannies, housekeepers, cooks, cleaners, assistants, etc. to do. It's definitely an exchange. I get very frustrated with people who think that women who don't have a regular paying job, do nothing.
    I was NOT by any means demeaning these women for being stay at home moms. Personally I think we need more moms devoted first to their children and homes vs being devoted to their careers, putting the children last.

(I am not talking about the MANY moms that HAVE to work to pay the rent)

When I brought up education I was mostly talking about T and D. They seem to have barely made through high school.

Hence Education is a MUST. Even if it is a solid HS education.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4056542;
    This article reveals the typical musings of the crackpot that Danielle truly is. I had to laugh reading this quote: A spin-off, she says, would allow "my kids [Christine, 16, and Jillian, 12] to be seen for the wonderful children that they are. I want to be shown as a mother, an artist, a supporter of my charities and the foundations that I'm passionate about. I want to use my platform to speak about the things that I love in my life."
    An artist??? For the life of me, I can't wrap my head around that description. An artist because she recorded one song???
    My head spins at the narcissism of this woman.
    She's amazing! She really does think that she is a superstar!
    I ALWAYS enjoy it when she mispronounces words! I was going to write some of them down the other night and didn't. She's a hoot and she doesn't even know it! Jersey's Norm Crosby! (remember him, whoops, I'm dating myself).
    God....... I hope that BRAVO doesn't use her for anything else! I don't see her being anything but a villain (ever, ever, ever) and she isn't likable AT ALL! I would love nothing more than for this woman to fade back into obscurity where she belongs!

Real Housewives Kim G Bikini | Celebrity Photos | TMZ.com

Well - Kim G. does work a bikini. But oy vey - when she opens her mouth. She does speak like a sailor.

Maid

Honestly, Danielle doesn't bother me. I'm not a fan of hers but she really was set up by Bravo to be the villian and she played it well. If the other wom(A)n were as over her as they claimed to be, there would have been no season 2. To me, Teresa is the bigger villain in this scenario. She's the one that instigated the fights, presented herself as something she wasn't and will pay the biggest price because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by run4cures;4056709;
    I was NOT by any means demeaning these women for being stay at home moms. Personally I think we need more moms devoted first to their children and homes vs being devoted to their careers, putting the children last.

(I am not talking about the MANY moms that HAVE to work to pay the rent)

When I brought up education I was mostly talking about T and D. They seem to have barely made through high school.

Hence Education is a MUST. Even if it is a solid HS education.
    Theresa is a stay-at-home mom. So much for that theory.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4056734;
    Honestly, Danielle doesn't bother me. I'm not a fan of hers but she really was set up by Bravo to be the villian and she played it well. If the other wom(A)n were as over her as they claimed to be, there would have been no season 2. To me, Teresa is the bigger villain in this scenario. She's the one that instigated the fights, presented herself as something she wasn't and will pay the biggest price because of it.
    Of course the Danielle character was set up specifically for the show. That's why she was "let go" for next season. The story's been done. Three against one. There's no place to go with it.You can't watch that forever. Now they have to re-create another scenario. No matter who the Danielle character was, they'd be ousted also.

Personally, I thought it was a bad premise. Word on the "TV/industry street" is that Bravo not pleased with its reputation of being ghetto channel and might take the extreme visciousness out of their future shows. I mean, let's face it, this one was over the top. Heard a couple commentators just this morning saying that if it weren't for Rachel Zoe and Top Chef, it would have no saving grace. I agree.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread