+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4056403;
    Danielle has provoked everything that has happened to her. Whether or not she deserved it was a different story - I don't think she deserved to have her hair yanked by Ashley. But she was definitely provoking the whole time.

They did all this forgiveness stuff last year. Caroline and Teresa weren't a part of that, but Dina and Jacqueline were. And they did try to start over again with Danielle. It was always in Danielle's power to end it. She never chose to.
    I never got the impression that they were going to be friends again -- felt that Jacqueline just wanted to get it off her chest to ease her conscience. Nothing more.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Perhaps this writer says it best:
    Washington Post TV critic Hank Stuever, who has a high tolerance for low culture, has had it with the Real Housewives. In his interesting essay this Sunday previewing the Real Housewives of D.C., Stuever puts his finger on exactly how the series has gone south. Once, he argues, Bravo was on a a mission to develop morality plays that covertly teach people (women and men, young and old) how not to behave. The network was conspiring with us to recreate a universal code of conduct, by showing us what was outside the bounds of normal. We all understood that the ladies of Orange County are the anti-models of American parenting. We were in the pews and they were the point of the sermon.

Now we seem to be missing the point. The Housewives have become deeply ingrained in our culture, so we accept them. We buy their clothes and perfume; we read their books. Their behavior does not even seem so outlandish anymore, so we join along with them.

"The overall effect, he writes, "is one of mutual contempt -- the Housewives hate one another, and the women who watch decide which woman they hate the most and which woman they hate the least. Men who like to watch women fight tune in, too, and the circle is thus complete: "The Real Housewives" imparts a sinking feeling that it's made by and for people who can't stand women."
    If you watch "Real Housewives," do you hate women?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I never implied that I would disagree with any of that. I was shocked and embarrassed FOR Teresa when she used the "c-word." It's just so..... disrespectful, classless, vulgar, and that word itself is so demeaning to women.

But I think you understood how I was using "provoked." Danielle incited everything that happened to her. She poked the sleeping dragon, so to speak. She knew Teresa was explosive since the table flip. She knew Ashley was a bratty, out-of-control child. She knew something would happen getting herself involved in confrontations/controversies with them, and she knew it wouldn't be simple confrontation as if she were dealing with rational adults. And that's not what she wanted. If anyone had any doubt about that, she cleared it up at the reunion.

The thing about Teresa that's a shame is that if she could just calm down, stop screaming, stop swearing, some of the stuff she said to Danielle was true and right. Luckily, Caroline and sometimes Jacqueline managed to get it out. I liked that there seems to be a clear line for J&C in terms of Teresa. Caroline reprimanded her when she used the "c-word" right away.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4056448;
    Love this! They are an embarrassment to the US schools system. Toss in the the fact that they live of their spouses with zero career prospects of their own and they are an embarrassment to women around the globe. Ice it all with the crazy factor and they are an embarrassment to the human race.
    I don't think that's entirely fair. Of all of them, Jacqueline and Dina supported themselves before they married their husbands, and I'm sure Caroline has an education and some skills. Their choice to stay home should be as respected as the choice to work outside the home.

I'm with Caroline ... the whole thing was a pile of BS. To me, it was scripted for Danielle to leave on a more positive note, and I commend - yes, commend - Caroline for calling it what it was.

There is no way that I would ever hug someone who pressed charges against my daughter. It was a quick yank ... we all saw it, and it wasn't anything like the several hard pulls Andy had to do on that pathetic mop Danielle brought. I appreciated Caroline losing it when Danielle brought it out ... she was laughing her arse off. I was too.

Danielle was caught in so many lies she couldn't keep up. She did this to herself, and she needed to answer for the things she did to the rest of them. She does stalk them, as evidenced by episode one where she had her humiliated daughters BEGGING her not to stalk Caroline's house. She never accepted responsibility for her disgusting behavior at the charity fundraiser, blaming it on everyone else.

I'm ready for a new villianess ... I think Teresa's sister in law would be a terrific replacement. I wonder who will become the evil one, Teresa or Melissa??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

If Melissa is added to the show,and Teresa leaves... who will Melissa know on the show to interact with? Do any of the rest of the cast already know her well enough to hang out and/or fight with?

FORT Fogey

They just need Teresa to stay long enough that she can bring Melissa into the group. Think of Melissa as Kelly and Teresa as Bethenny. Bethenny knew Kelly and didn't like her, so they could fight for the first season she was there. By the second season Kelly was integrated at least enough to have conflicts with the other cast members. Though, Kelly was certifiable.

Here's an interview that D did with Out magazine regarding the reunion and a lot more.

Out.com Features | Catching Up With Danielle Staub

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4056063;
    As awkward as the prolonged hug seemed to be, I think Jacqueline's verbally struggling to express her feelings was genuine. She said it haltingly, but she did say that she came to the realization that the conflict was making her feel bad about herself. Good for her! Caroline, on the other hand, definitely looked p.o.'d and couldn't wait to stir the cauldron again.

Caroline's OK Corral analogy also struck a chord. She's like a cowboy riding herd on her family
    That's exactly it. It's the role Caroline plays and relishes. Even dumb Danielle got it right when she caller her the matriarch of the family. At least with all the trials and turbulence going on between all the wives, she has her main purpose for life. Without all this going on, with her children growing up, what does Caroline have? No wonder, she's feeling the empty nest syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Karennz;4056115;
    There's something I just don't get about Kim G. Aesthetically, she's a strikingly beautiful woman. Great skin, beautiful bone structure, gorgeous hair. Reminds me quite a bit of Princess Grace. Problem is, when Kim G. opens her mouth all I see is ugly. She could be making a positive impact on the world with all that money and influence. And yet she chooses to run around stirring the pot and swearing like a sailor (no offense to sailors), all in the name of securing a position on this train wreck of a TV show. Sad.
    She is a lovely looking woman but, again, all the money in the world can't make you a class act. Deep down inside, she's still someone who'll behave improperly when you push her buttons. You can dress it up with expensive clothes, cars, homes, hair, etc but not really change who you really are. It is evident as soon as she starts screaming every 4 letter word she knows.

+ Reply to Thread