+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2841Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;4055861;
    Caroline and Dina are sisters. Jacqueline is married to their brother.

Teresa and Danielle are not related to them (Caroline, Dina and Jacqueline) or each other.
    Thanks! This is very helpful. But, I thought Teresa's husband was a brother to someone in all this.

If not, then Teresa and her husband are just "friends"??? That sheds a lot of light on how she is likely to be treated in light of the latest news. I just poked around a recent blog by Jacqueline in which she seemed to put Teresa at arm's length.

Bravo owes it's viewers a huge apology for pimping the reunion show the way it has. They issue a lame headline on the website that offers no details yet tried to draw us in by teasing that someone would walk away. Shame on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4055408;
    What were these people thinking, putting themselves out there on public tv for all to dissect their lives when they have so many skeletons in their closet???
    Well, that's it exactly. There was no thinking involved!

FORT Fogey

I just tune in from time-to-time. I can't sit through all the drama that is NJ. But....I've been following things in the press and see just enough to form an opinion, I think.....

Danielle is an emotionally scarred person. Be it by her parents, former boyfriends/husbands, etc. she has been hurt and it is clear she is in survival mode. She's so defensive that no one could say anything about anything without her going ballistic.

Caroline says she's not the puppet master, but she falls into that role unwittingly. I don't think the others like it much - esp. Jacqueline who seems to follow her own drummer despite Caroline.

I really like Jacqueline...I'm not sure why. She is sort of clueless where her daughter is concerned, but I like her calm demeanor and the fact that she doesn't get as riled as the others over Daielle and Kim.

Teresa....hhhmmm. I just feel very sad for her. She made a very bad decision marrying the guy she did (not just because of their financial problems). The saddest part is that she has no life of her own beyond being a wife and mother. No skills, no education, no nothing. I think she's smart, capable, etc. and yet she opted for the easy road and this is where it got her. She is going to end up in a very bad way, I think.

At this point, what I'm feeling for Danielle and Teresa is mostly sadness. I can't dislike them because, like Kelly B. in NYC, they are in need of help more than anything.

FORT Fanatic

Wow! This love fest was too much for me. You know this is just how Atlanta reunion ended. (if I remember correctly) Is this a trend?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4055940;
    Wow! This love fest was too much for me. You know this is just how Atlanta reunion ended. (if I remember correctly) Is this a trend?
    That 'love and light' moment was way too much for me, folks. Boy! I was really squirming in my chair. I don't know whether Danielle is creepier when she's arrogant, angry, or hugging someone, but it was a very uncomfortable moment for me! I had to laugh at Caroline's expression during the love-fest --- she was incredulous!!!

And yes, as Bunny mentioned, Bravo owes us a huge apology! The network completely misrepresented the second half of the reunion --- not that we'd only tune in for a blood-bath --- but just tell the truth Bravo! Or has that concept become just a little too lame now, after all the episodes of high drama. . .

FORT Fanatic

Answering my own question why does Andy act like he doesn't know anything? Ex, oh Kim G you and Kim D are sister-in-laws. Why not say let's clear this up for the viewers.

Still couldn't follow her explanation.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

I thought Danielle came off worse on this half of the reunion. There were things she couldn't/wouldn't answer. The hug fest was awkward. Most unsatisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by Candybar;4055880;
    Oh, gag me with a spoon this hug-fest was simply, or is that profoundly, sickening. I am with Caroline all the way on this.
    Although I was uncomfortable watching it also; however, Jacqueline offered the peace pipe and Danielle was appreciative. I thought it was big of Jacqueline and Danielle responded in kind. It doesn't mean they were going to be friends -- it just made their lives a little easier -- except for Caroline. Caroline was way out of line and actually angry about it. It was none of her business and right away she lit into Danielle and not Jacqueline. It's always good when no one wants to be vindictive any longer -- something wrong with those who want to keep the hate. Doesn't mean their lives are going to interact because of it -- it just cleared the air BETWEEN J and D. Nothing more. Caroline just lost control and she did not want Jacqueline to be sorry -- it's obvious they're not going to hang out together. At least those two were the only ones who admitted they were wrong at times. Caroline is obviously right all the time!!!

RHONJ was a horrible show -- absolutely no balance -- very top heavy -- everybody one the show was against one person. That's not even interesting -- just a bullfight. Perhaps next season if they bring in another character (Theresa's sister-in-law), there's the possibility of an even storyline. We just need a couple likeable characters.

Yes, Caroline is a controlling pupeteer.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4055871;
    Sorry, I was just as uncomfortable, as Caroline was, with the "peace" made between J,T and "the Devil". Maybe it made T and J feel, somewhat, better but Danielle is nuts! Why can't they just get that and give up. The look on J's face, while Danielle was whispering in her ear said it all. Maybe J put up with it just to get her daughter out of any legal problems. Andy said something about charges made against "any" of the other women. Did D make charges against some of them?
    No way did I get the impression Caroline was "uncomfortable." She was pissed.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread