+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3404Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4052532;
    Watching this show last night made me almost view this like the Romans feeding christians to the lions. The problem is I'm not sure who were the christians, lions or Romans.

Danielle speaks about how devout a catholic she is. Okay being catholic myself for 50 years, I cringe at seeing her slide up & down a stripper pole and spreading her legs wide open as if the camera were giving her a GYN exam. You have young, impressional daughters who have friends who have seen this program. I wonder if she shared that fact with her priest?

I don't care what religion you are...DON'T SPREAD YOUR LEGS ON NATIONAL TV!!!!
    Words to live by, PA Snow Bunny!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4052528;
    Does anyone remember when the reunion taped vs. when we got the information about Danielle being fired? Just wondering. Because if this is what she meant, it just seems like she went so far over the line last night that I would feel I had no choice but to terminate her as well.
    I would be very surprised if Bravo didn't greenlight this 1) because they hired security and 2) because Danielle's choice of words was so very, very careful: "Did you acknowledge your nephew's birth?" "Did you?"

That invites inference, rather that shock and outrage. Danielle's not ususally capable of subtlety. And Teresa's not that quick on the uptake.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-31-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Best reunion ever!!

Have to say, though, that 3 against 1 was just totally wrong.
    I'm not a fan of Danielle, but she came out looking a lot more "together" than the rest of the ladies.
    Teresa needs to borrow some of Dina's "candles"
    and get herself to a Yoga class or 2. Way too many anger management issues going on there. And regarding the bring up or break up - it was definitely bring up.
    Jacqueline seems to have progressed from passive / aggressive to total mean girl. Her behavior wasn't pretty.
    I still like Caroline. I liked her comments about "owning it" and how editing is only 1% of everything. She's still the matriarch of that bunch and the most sensible one, IMO. And, she can go 'mano a mano' with Danielle, whereas the others just buckle immediately.
    Still, I felt sorry for Danielle whom I believe to be a total nutjob. She is one of those people who just knows how to push other people's buttons. She's a master at it.
    But, that shouldn't give the others total carte blanche to "gang" up on her, either. That just makes these women look like an older version of Jersey Shore. Not a pretty picture, IMO.
    As far as the "nephew" stuff, I moust have missed that in the reunion. With so much screaming and craziness, it was hard to keep track. And, I don't tend to read other gossip rags or sites, so I have no idea about Juicy Joe having a "love child. "
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Have to say, though, that 3 against 1 was just totally wrong.
    Except it's Danielle's fault she's got no one on her side. She's a bridge-burner. She uses people for all she can then they run for their lives. I don't particularly like seeing anyone ganged up on either, but it's her fault she's got no gang.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4052271;
    I don't know. I feel like the women (T,C and J) are all over reacting, because it's so frustrating to deal with Danielle. I know that they seem kind of nutty but dealing with someone who lies (like Danielle does) could make you seem crazy. Maybe I'm wrong here but isn't Danielle the only one of these women that has a criminal past? Shouldn't that give us some insight about the real Danielle? I still have to think that Danielle deserves to be ragged on. Just the way that she carries herself. Strutting off the stage and acting so upset. What a lie! She was hoping that Teresa would hit her just so that she could say "There, see how awful she is"!. Good liars, are very GOOD at it! They twist things, they answer questions, with questions and make the people (trying to "catch" them at their lies) seem crazy! I don't care if Caroline, Jackie and Teresa are friends, they're all telling the same story! I believe them. Give it a few months and Danielle's new "girlfriend" (the singer) will have the same complaints about her too. Danielle is a poor excuse for a human being. She only knows how to play people. She doesn't know how to have a real relationship with another person. It's too bad that this show has given her a platform for her antisocial behavior. She has some ridiculous thought that she will remain famous once this stupid show is over. She really thinks that she is a star! That she has something to offer us (she doesn't). The ONLY thing that I have ever agreed with Danielle on is that Ashley shouldn't have pulled her hair. That's it! She had 4 people sitting there, telling the truth about things and she wouldn't admit to anything! Sorry, I go with the majority. They all say that she's a liar and I believe them!

ITA with everything you've said. Danielle is the only lunatic in this bunch and asks for all of the animosity that she is getting. I am SOOO happy she is not going to be on next year!!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4052543;
    Except it's Danielle's fault she's got no one on her side. She's a bridge-burner. She uses people for all she can then they run for their lives. I don't particularly like seeing anyone ganged up on either, but it's her fault she's got no gang.
    The reunion couldn't have been anything other than 3 against 1. That's the show. I think she actually signed up for the show knowing that it was going to be 4 against 1. And I think Dina left because she didn't like having to be one of the 4 - it must get tiresome.

Just because Danielle is portrayed as a bridge burning lone wolf on this show does not mean we can assume she has no friends. I suspect that she's right about the love her or hate her thing - and that she does have people who love her.

Does anyone know when their current contract is up? I am wondering if Bravo will renew with any of them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4052356;
    I really thought she said "bring up".
    I know people thought that so I listened very very carefully and distinctively heard the 'k' sound.

I had to laugh when Danielle said that all her kid's friends think she is a great mom and they love her. My friends thought the same thing of my dad...they all wished that my dad could be their dad...little did they know...my dad is the most abusive person you could ever meet...he abused my sisters and I in EVERY way you could imagine and also abused my mom. He is a sociopath and someone that has been out of my life for 37 years...since I was 16. However...he knew how to turn on the charm whenever he needed to and deceived many people. He also could not keep relationships going...always had problems with people and he was always the VICTIM...nothing was ever his fault or the consequence of things HE did. He never could keep relationships going with people because eventually the REAL him came out and people couldn't stand to be around him...but in the short term....he could fool many. So, Danielle making statements about how much people love her...well...she must know how to also turn on that charm if needed...how else would you get 19 men (give or take) to even ASK you to marry you? Obviously she couldn't charm for long, because all those 19 or so are gone and did not stick around for the marriage. That's not normal!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jemmaleigh15;4052362;
    I'm a lurker ( ) but I think the reason that Teresa got so upset by the nephew comment was due to Danielle trying once again to drive a wedge between the family. Last year, she was trying to do it between Dina and Jacqueline. She even tried it again during her "dinner" with Dina when she stated that her (Danielle's opinions) on Dina stemmed on what Jacqueline told her.
    Welcome!

I'm sure she couldn't drive a wedge if there wasn't already a crack - that's been the theme with Danielle vs. The Tribe - they like to pretend to being all oh-so-perfect and way way better than her, but she knows their weaknesses, their family fissures and feuds, their lies and deceptions and they can't stand it - hence all the (suddenly in Season 1) efforts to portray her as not just ditzy but a 'dangerous lunatic.' The stories and hints and accusation and innuendo has gotten more and more lurid over time to the point where it's nearly funny.

Regarding last season, the 'famblee' was trying to drive a wedge too - they basically told Jacqueline that if she didn't break off contact with Danielle then so much for her.

(Now, of course this only makes sense if she was referring to Nicholas as her nephew even though technically he isn't. If this involves another nephew outside of the show, well then... I am not sure LOL!)[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was baby Nicholas; Tess couldn't figure out whom she meant but was sitting right next to Nicholas's mother so...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4052384;
    The other HWs can take care of themselves, and with D finally gone, I hope next season, if there is one, will not include even one reference to Danielle or one view of her reptilian face behind which functions a very scary reptilian brain.
    Trying to separate Danielle's conduct I've actually been shown and what the others have said, what has Danielle actually done? Not going on what the others have accused her of - she's been guilty of rudeness at most.

+ Reply to Thread