Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4052251;

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4052350;
    It's rumoured that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    someone will walk away from the reunion vowing never to return.......who do you think that is?
    No surprise, it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Danielle
    . That has already been released in media reports.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4052346;
    What ever it was it was bad baaaad about the nephew. Tess at first didn't react and then went INSAAAANE. How could that innocent-ish remark (Danielle is always 'innocent-ish') 'break up her family?' Clearly everything isn't all beer and skittles (vino e bocce?) back in Pa'ersen. How could not acknowledging a nephew break up a family?

Again, they hate Danielle because she doesn't play the game with them - the game that says that they're all perfect and whatever's been swept under the rug stays there. Somehow Danielle knows 'stuff' and won't shut up about it but if you carefully consider she keeps most of their secrets. Whether or not it's just to have it in her pocket to needle them back with, as insurance, or because she genuinely doesn't want to hurt them she does keep mum about a lot of things.

Why didn't Dina's attorney fight the gag order if Dina was merely telling the truth? How did Danielle get one if Dina was merely telling the truth? This inquiring mind would love to know.
    I really thought she said "bring up".

Quote Originally Posted by kidstookitall;4052221;
    Ok, what's with the nephew thing about Teresa?
    I can't believe Andy didn't go into more about Teresa's debt. What about all her stuff being up for auction? And Jacquline is trying to be like Teresa and it ain't working for her. Who does her makeup. It looks terrible.
    Looks like Andy lets everyone get off easy except for Danielle. He loves to start the trouble. Of course I'm lovin it.
    Next year is going to be one big snooze fest. But I'll bet you $100 bucks that Caroline and her girls will be talking about Danielle next year.
    I don't know how it works with bankruptcy law (maybe Poppy Fields will know), but since the bankruptcy case is an open, ongoing case, maybe they are prohibited from talking about it?

FORT Newbie

I'm a lurker ( ) but I think the reason that Teresa got so upset by the nephew comment was due to Danielle trying once again to drive a wedge between the family. Last year, she was trying to do it between Dina and Jacqueline. She even tried it again during her "dinner" with Dina when she stated that her (Danielle's opinions) on Dina stemmed on what Jacqueline told her.

(Now, of course this only makes sense if she was referring to Nicholas as her nephew even though technically he isn't. If this involves another nephew outside of the show, well then... I am not sure LOL!)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;4052305;
    She is fully aware how emotional Teresa is.....and knows just how to push her buttons. She has done it over and over...and it works for her every time. Last night was no different.
    Teresa's criminally aggressive and insane behavior is not a club she's permitted to use just because she thinks someone's pushing her buttons! In this case, Danielle was under criticism for not congratulating Jacqueline on the birth of Nicholas. Danielle then asked if Teresa had acknowledged the birth of her nephew.
    Even if that baby is Joe's love child, Teresa has no rational right to behave as she does. She literally loses her mind, disconnects from reality. She is a menace.

Speaking of her breaks with reality, she implied that specific debts listed in her bankruptcy petition were lies made up by the New York Post!

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917;4052305;
    [Caroline tried to tell her that again.....she ended up giving D just what she wanted. D can sit there...have T in her face yelling...and end up looking like a victim...once again. That was the plan and she pulled it off much better than Jill from the NY reunion.
    The tears backstage...the hugging...the 'new beginnings' chant...are all staged. Really...when the Emmy's were given out...she should have received one for most 'dramatic' actress...cause that's what she is.
    J was right when she stated in a preview...."it's all fake...and anyone who doesn't see that...is just as crazy as she is".
    Danielle Staub on Her Real Housewives of New Jersey Castmates: "They Will Be Exposed" - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

According to this interview in TV Guide, Bravo hired security for the reunion shows, anticipating that Teresa's behavior would look like an audition for The Jerry Springer Show. I don't believe that Teresa's rage is fake or should not be taken seriously. She needs an intervention.

Speaking of which: did anyone else notice that Caroline seems to be back pedaling on the issue of loyalty to Teresa? In the process of trying to "calm" Teresa down, Caroline said something to the effect that: "I have never known you to be like this around anyone else, and if I had, I would not have been your friend."

Wow. Just wow.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 08-31-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4052355;
    No surprise, it's
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Danielle
    . That has already been released in media reports.
    It's been romoured that she was let go. Not that it happened as the reunion was filming.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4052356;
    I really thought she said "bring up".
    I'm quite sure you're right. It was hard to tell when she was screaming, but when she calmed down a little, she said to Caroline et al that she was angry because Danielle brought up her family, or words to that effect. Teresa really needs to learn to manage anger and rage, but anyone who thinks Danielle hasn't mastered the art of manipulation, button-pushing, and evasion is just not being observant. I almost wanted to smack that smirk off her face myself. Teresa totally went BSC, and there's no excuse for that in a mature person, but clearly her little world is one of dress up and appearances. She's like a little girl using her own little girls as real-life dolls. She can't handle conflict at all and has no skills in that area. Plus, I think she depends on Joe for "protection" from the harsh realities of life, and without him around, she lashes out in a misguided attempt to shield herself from whatever she doesn't want to hear or deal with.

However, we can't say that she became enraged right away because we don't know what came before. It's common sense that all this was brewing for a long time, and did not just come up as soon as they hit the stage for the reunion. We also don't know how far into the interview it happened because the reunion footage was edited to show us what Bravo wanted us to see. There could have been an extensive build-up to the point that Teresa lost it, but all we saw was a moment and then wham!

It's clear to me this season that both Danielle and Teresa were given a pretty harsh edit. In Teresa's case, though, her ditziness, superficiality, and stupidity about money were played up. Yeah, she's a few doughnuts short of a dozen, but that doesn't make her evil, just sort of pathetic. Can't say the same for Danielle. Her scheming and lying and twisted relationship with her daughters were clearly shown, and you can't edit a person to make them appear that way. As Caroline said, it's about 2% the edit and the rest is real. Did they all make mistakes in terms of dealing with Danielle? Yes? Does that make them evil? No. Danielle, on the other hand, is, for lack of a better term (since there was a huge dispute a while back regarding the word "sociopath"), pretty darn psycho and delusional. She thinks she lives in love and light? Please, that alone shows the extent of her demented mind. I feel most sorry for her daughters, and it seems to me that there's enough footage and fact about her current behavior for the NJ Department of Child Welfare to get involved, at least to require her to take parenting classes, if not more. The other HWs can take care of themselves, and with D finally gone, I hope next season, if there is one, will not include even one reference to Danielle or one view of her reptilian face behind which functions a very scary reptilian brain.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 08-31-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4052384;
    I'm quite sure you're right. It was hard to tell when she was screaming, but when she calmed down a little, she said to Caroline et al that she was angry because Danielle brought up her family, or words to that effect. Teresa really needs to learn to manage anger and rage, but anyone who thinks Danielle hasn't mastered the art of manipulation, button-pushing, and evasion is just not being observant. I almost wanted to smack that smirk off her face myself. Teresa totally went BSC, and there's no excuse for that in a mature person, but clearly her little world is one of dress up and appearances. She's like a little girl using her own little girls as real-life dolls. She can't handle conflict at all and has no skills in that area. Plus, I think she depends on Joe for "protection" from the harsh realities of life, and without him around, she lashes out in a misguided attempt to shield herself from whatever she doesn't want to hear or deal with.

However, we can't say that she became enraged right away because we don't know what came before. It's common sense that all this was brewing for a long time, and did not just come up as soon as they hit the stage for the reunion. We also don't know how far into the interview it happened because the reunion footage was edited to show us what Bravo wanted us to see. There could have been an extensive build-up to the point that Teresa lost it, but all we saw was a moment and then wham!

It's clear to me this season that both Danielle and Teresa were given a pretty harsh edit. In Teresa's case, though, her ditziness, superficiality, and stupidity about money were played up. Yeah, she's a few doughnuts short of a dozen, but that doesn't make her evil, just sort of pathetic. Can't say the same for Danielle. Her scheming and lying and twisted relationship with her daughters were clearly shown, and you can't edit a person to make them appear that way. As Caroline said, it's about 2% the edit and the rest is real. Did they all make mistakes in terms of dealing with Danielle? Yes? Does that make them evil? No. Danielle, on the other hand, is, for lack of a better term (since there was a huge dispute a while back regarding the word "sociopath"), pretty darn psycho and delusional. She thinks she lives in love and light? Please, that alone shows the extent of her demented mind. I feel most sorry for her daughters, and it seems to me that there's enough footage and fact about her current behavior for the NJ Department of Child Welfare to get involved, at least to require her to take parenting classes, if not more. The other HWs can take care of themselves, and with D finally gone, I hope next season, if there is one, will not include even one reference to Danielle or one view of her reptilian face behind which functions a very scary reptilian brain.
    You're Good! Wish that I could say it so well!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4052397;
    You're Good! Wish that I could say it so well!
    Thanks, tvaholic. I'm a big fan of your post #4085, as well. Don't want anyone to get me wrong .... I'm not excusing Teresa's behavior by any means. She needs some serious help with anger management and conflict resolution, as well as exploring why her self-image is so tied up with money, clothes, and things ... but that's another story. I like what Caroline told her about how she wouldn't be her friend if that's how she acted all the time. Everyone needs healthy boundaries, and Caroline was expressing hers. Maybe that will snap some sense into Teresa, if she was even able to hear it.

+ Reply to Thread