+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4047224;
    Am I watching the same show? The Manzos/Lauritas/Giudices are always attacking Danielle. Always.

Dina: "I don't know if she wants to hug me or skin me like last year's Prada." Called her insane, and all this after vowing (and trying*) to be more forgiving.

Caroline calls her garbage, and she called her worse on the twitter feed last night. Really nasty.

Teresa picked a fight deliberately at the Brownstone, after (a) being her friend (b) being really really horrible about her and "THE BOOK" (c) chucking a table about and charging at her.

Jacqueline turned on her (why?) and ran after her at the fashion horror screaming details about her criminal conviction for all and sundry. Yes, it's public records but still it wasn't done to inform the public but to hurt and embarrass.

I could go on about the nasty things the Manzo boys have said, but it was strange that Danielle couldn't think of one example when I could come up with about a dozen. Even in their bravo blogs...

What did she want? She wanted to have Danielle out of their lives AND for Danielle to drop the charges against Ashley. What did she offer - what was the quid for the quo? "We will stay out of your life." (Which is a tacit admission that they were in it, that they started rumors, that they attacked. Certainly that they were not innocent.) It was more than just you sit on your side of the street and we will sit on ours. It was also the criminal charges against Ashely (once again, Jacqueline couldn't ask for what she watned). What did she offer for that rather large favour? Nothing, she asked for it out of mercy (from somebody she'd called garbage on national TV) and got really p*ssed off when she didn't get it. She could at least have listened to Danielle and offered respect (big clue - when Danielle said that she was the matriarch of her family she wanted to be treated as an equal, for the numerical advantage to be cancelled out or ignored) and some contrition for the attacks that ....

This strikes me... Caroline said on one moment that she stood with all the people who stand behind her, but when it came to Danielle's complaints about the attacks, she demanded that Danielle list an attack that she, Caroline, had personally made. She tried to shift the frame of the debate from the group identity to the individual one as it was convenient....

I seriously do not think that Caroline came in good faith for a genuine negotiation. She came to bully Danielle and what she offered in negotiation was what she wanted anyway.

*Danielle sure didn't make it easy for Dina to be more forgiving but it's strange that if the rumors are true, Dina was the one with the least reason to be.

You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4047685;
    Maidstone, I think you nailed it. Caroline seemed as if her heart was not really into the Beverly showdown, and she didn't stand up for herself very well at all- sooo many things she could have pointed out but didn't. I said Caroline was about to look foolish for the Bravo cameras, and IMHO she did just that. The showdown did nothing to polish her image, but made her look weak in a thuggish kind of way.
    Today she is saying she "feels bad" for calling D "garbage" and "clown" -- that it was childish. (However, does say it is what it is.) I did see where a lot of the public criticized her for it I feel her "backtracking" is done for image. Of the short video of the reunion show, the venom in her voice said it all. Wow -- she's evil and I certainly don't buy her hype.

Have to admit that of this entire horrendous show, the only thing that made me literally laugh out loud was Danielle's comeback -- "YOU'RE calling me clown and you're the one sitting there with red hair?"

Made it all worthwhile.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4047301;
    And to a previous poster....I think if I hear Danielle refer to WOMEN one more time as WOMAN....I'm gonna have to hunt her down and slap her!!! It's funny how that was pointed out to her when she was on with Andy Cohen one time and she acknowledged that she says it, yet she still says it....showing that you truly can't teach an OLD dog new tricks!!
    On one of the Facebook pages I frequent someone else brought the "woman" thingie and it was amazing that there were 2-3 responses saying that their mother said the same thing. Go figure.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Oh my...just saw the teaser video of the Reunion show on the Bravo website.

I'm gonna have to tape it and watch it another day. I can't watch that before I go to bed. It all makes me so angry and gets my stomach in knots.

But "Holy Toledo, Batman" it's gonna be a doozy. Love that Danielle is wearing stipper clothes. Apropos, oui?

I'm Team Manzo all the way.

there are parts of NO where there are def closed/inbred societites . . . . we have many fam friends from them. they are very fair skinned/creole african american communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4047820;
    I grew up in NO and I don't think of it as a closed or inbred society today, or historically speaking. It's a melting pot!

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4047759;
    In all fairness, she has the best singing voice of all the Singin' Real Housewives.
    That's not really saying a whole lot of her abilities. She didn't sing that bad but she has no business making an album. Where is Simon Cowell when you need him.

I thought the finale was kind of boring. I thought the meeting between Caroline and Danielle was pointless, though I can see why Caroline wanted to do it (other than Bravo 'suggesting' it). The good thing that came out of it was that it made Danielle look even more delusional and stupid.

And WTF is up with her having her body guards go to her house and introduce them to her kids and having them thank the guards for protection her? What exactly were they protection her from? Her own shadow??

If her kids turn out normal it will be a miracle.

If she keeps up all this talk with her kids re: needing bodyguards to "protect" her and then introducing the bodyguards to her kids, she's going to freak out her kids so much that everytime she leaves the house, they'll have a real fear of her not coming home (getting hurt or killed) and being left an orphan. Just think of what she is doing psychologically to those two girls. She's really filling them with fear and making sure they know that she has a REAL reason to fear by going so far as having to hire protection. Those girls have to be freaking out! That's a very cruel thing to do to your kids...borders on child abuse as far as I am concerned. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4047820;
    I grew up in NO and I don't think of it as a closed or inbred society today, or historically speaking. It's a melting pot!
    You are absolutel right!

I'm referring only to some specific population sectors during the era of slavery, and the apartheit era that followed it, where as a result of ethnic divisions, some old families adhered to the custom of people with one ethnic African grandparent marrying someone else with one ethnic African grandparent, those with two Euro-ethnic grandparens with others with two Euro-ethnic, etc etc, some would even go back to great-grandparents, and among THAT population, after a while, of course it became increasingly difficult for people to find somebody with just that right combination who was NOT related, and so they fell into that phenomenon, of basically a group of families doing a lot of marrying people who were also in that same group of families.

Now, of course, that part of the pot is just as melted as the rest of it.

And I knew I would get in trouble by even using New Orleans as an example, but naturally it was the first one that came to my head, plus I was trying to be brief. And we all know that never works out.

The island of Eleuthra is another "pocket." Check out the % of the population there whose last name is Pinder!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4047802;
    Teresa owns none of her mistakes.
    That's right. They were all repossessed and put up for auction in the bankruptcy.

Our old friend radaronline has some juicy snippets from their court proceedings - Theresa tells them all her jewelry is fake and their furniture has no value because it is "used."

Joe reveals that he gets a little help from his dad to the tune of $5000 a month, and - oh just go over there and read it. I promise it will be worth the trip!
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4047856;
    Well we should say amateur Housewives, as RHOA's Kandi
    Thank You! I had completely forgotten about Kandi.

I guess in my heart, I just don't really feel she is skanky enough to be a Real Housewife.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4048131;
    Now, of course, that part of the pot is just as melted as the rest of it.
    Which is part of the reason why the food there is so good! I'd like to see a Real Housewives of New Orleans. They would not be boring.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread