+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2661Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;4047684;
    In all fairness, she has the best singing voice of all the Singin' Real Housewives. On more than one occasion, she hit an actual note, a vocal feat previously absent in the song stylings of her colleagues and predecessors in the genre.

I think Lesbian Superstar Lori Michaels n' the boizz' unexpected spurt of most extraordinary choreography at the end may have made my brain explode a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Pants;4047453;
    Danielle has a tendency to only use one word over and over a day like PANNINI and it crowds her brain when she needs to think on her toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4047353;
    ...when she must listen, process, and then respond coherently I think it overloads her brain. This is common for a lot of people, particularly those who have suffered some amount of trauma...
    Yeah, it kind of takes the fun out of the glorious panoply of snarkoportunities when you suspect the person's pre-show life may have featured multiple instances of being hit upon the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4047317;
    I know that it's unkind of me to say this, but...There's something eerie looking about all of them.
    Well, Danielle's appearance is pretty solidly the result of some merely lamentable "beauty" choices and some frankly dreadful ones, plus she grew up in Pennsylvania.

But if the rest of them are, like Joe and Theresa, members of close knit groups of families who have maintained close ties and geographical proximity even through the process of migration, if they have also done a lot of choosing mates from within that subgroup, could there be, by now, some impact of gene pool crowding?

Up till a handful of decades ago there was some of that among some population groups in New Orleans, as a result of adhering to a very complicated system of ethnicity-based marriage criteria, and still is today among some populations, for example, some groups in the UK, including, most notably, the Royal Family and royal-adjacent groups with hereditary titles, and a high historical frequency of choosing mates within that subgroup.

I don't mean cousins marrying cousins outright, I mean people choosing partners who are not immediately genetically related, but who come from a limited group of families, so that with time, even when there isn't a common ancestor, or none for several greats back, just the intermingling among the same group can begin to produce some of the same issues that are common in groups who DO marry their second and third cousins more than they marry anybody else.

Please note that I don't know, I'm just speculating - and asking. I just found out last week that neither Joe nor Theresa is related to the rest of them!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4047640;
    (Theresa) told Juicy Joe that she never makes pizza dough but goes on and on in her book "Screechy Ita'yan" about her secret recipe.So secret even she doesn't know about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4047509;
    ...Caroline, for some reason, comes off as a respected matriarch. Perhaps it's because of her squat, matronly appearance and vehement (if knee-jerk) opinions.
    I think it's because she does the most unerring and dead-on impression of Marlon Brando as Don Corleone ever achieved by any actor without benefit of cheeks stuffed with cotton balls.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=thedragonlady;4047725;]Jaq is spineless when dealing with Ashley, who needs some serious lessons in how to behave. [quote]

At least she hasn't changed in that. She has the 'virtue of consistency.'

And what the heck does Danielle mean when she starts talking in some kind of trendy lingo, saying: "I own my mistakes. I embrace my mistakes."
    Of course, you own it.... you did it! It's like when people (particularly celebs)get caught doing something and say that they take 'full responsibility' for it. Well, yeah!! who else would be responsible for it? Just seems like stupid-speak to me.
    Vapid and self-serving rubbish? Say it ain't so!

Juicy Joe seems so bored with everything lately, particularly his wife and appears to be wishing to be anywhere but where he is.
    My theory on that is too well-known....

Without Danielle, there's really no story to watch with these people and I say that, even though I can't stand/am bored by/dislike the Danielle/Manzo feud storyline.
    Especially since it's based on some deep dark evil that is too horrible to speak openly of, but which can only be addressed in histrionic circumlocutions complete with tears and hand-wringing and other operatic emotionalizing.

Teresa is showing us more and more how utterly low class she is by continuing to open her mouth to speak. You never know what new and ridiculous statements will come out, proving there is very little brain matter involved.
    Yeah, well, she wants us all to realize she's still from Pa'erson, whatever that means. She's still got back street cred.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm so relieved that Danielle won't be on the show after this season!!! And I don't think there will be any shortage of drama. There's always Kim G and Posche Kim available for two-faced interactions and troublemaking, and Bravo will probably bring in a new housewife to the mix. And maybe Dina will return, which would be great! I'll be sorry to not be able to follow Danielle's daughters though. They appear to be lovely girls, and I did enjoy getting to see them a bit and follow their storylines. But Danielle will not be missed.

PS - Danielle's video -- OMG! Ughhhhhhh!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

And what the heck does Danielle mean when she starts talking in some kind of trendy lingo, saying: "I own my mistakes. I embrace my mistakes."
    Of course, you own it.... you did it! It's like when people (particularly celebs)get caught doing something and say that they take 'full responsibility' for it. Well, yeah!! who else would be responsible for it? Just seems like stupid-speak to me.

Vapid and self-serving rubbish? Say it ain't so!
    Upon reflection, I think Teresa could take a page from D's book. Teresa owns none of her mistakes. Whatever glaringly bad decision she makes, it's always someone else's fault.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;4047798;
    I'm so relieved that Danielle won't be on the show after this season!!! And I don't think there will be any shortage of drama.
    Especially if they don't stop talking about her!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4047759;
    Up till a handful of decades ago there was some of that among some population groups in New Orleans, as a result of adhering to a very complicated system of ethnicity-based marriage criteria, and still is today among some populations, for example, some groups in the UK, including, most notably, the Royal Family and royal-adjacent groups with hereditary titles, and a high historical frequency of choosing mates within that subgroup.
    I grew up in NO and I don't think of it as a closed or inbred society today, or historically speaking. It's a melting pot!

But there are pockets of inbreeding everywhere in the US. Two of note (places I love to visit) are Smith Island and Tangier Island which are smack in the middle of Chesapeake Bay and accessible only by boat.

Smith (part of Maryland) and Tangier (part of VA) were settled in the late 1600s. In both cases, the settlements that grew were comprised of only 3 families or so. To this day, those family surnames are the most common on these islands. Their dialectical accent is Welsh, to this day. Although intermarraige is apparent, it doesn't seem to have affected these little populations in a negative way.

I've floated far off topic here, and I apologize. But if you love local history and you ever have a chance to visit Smith or Tangier Island, take the ferry to either one and spend a night. It's an unforgettable experience.

Is there going to be a reunion show?
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;4047834;
    Is there going to be a reunion show?
    Two of them! First one will be on Monday, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4047840;
    Two of them! First one will be on Monday, I think?
    Yes, the next two Mondays - 8/30 and 9/6. If you are interested, there is a short video preview of the reunion on the Bravo site. Personally, I love the part where Theresa clocks Andy Cohen! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4047759;
    In all fairness, she has the best singing voice of all the Singin' Real Housewives. On more than one occasion, she hit an actual note, a vocal feat previously absent in the song stylings of her colleagues and predecessors in the genre.
    Well we should say amateur Housewives, as RHOA's Kandi is a professional singer (and the one housewife of the entire franchise who I can probably stomach an entire season).

Minus her, that's a rather motley crew of vocalists and not hard to rise to the top of that heap.

As for the "showdown"-that was an obvious Bravo production. Contract fulfillment-plain and simple. Hope it's really true that Danielle is gone. They will probably add a new housewife as well as that dried out wackado Kim G to the cast to keep interesting. I don't mind drama, it's part of the reason many of us stay tuned. I can live without the children being involved, without the "bodyguards" and "connected" ex-cons and the talk of need of armed guards. It's just far more crazy than they need to show on tv.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread