+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I think Caroline seems the most sensible and mundane.
    As far as Jacqueline, I just get that passive/aggressive vibe from her. Have since the beginning.

It looks like the reunion is going to be a lot better than the season finale. It seems like Teresa really gets into it.
    I can hardly wait.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4044964;
    Perhaps D feels that she's already been pretty mistreated by the mother and just doesn't feel any empathy for said mother or her particualr situation. I think D is entitled to feel that way is she wants.
    My incessant bleating on this topic so rapidly sailed out of the harbor of remarking on a story arc and into the sea of Authentic Generalized and Garrulously Pompous Pontification that my high seahorse was floating perilously close to the Isle of Hijackage.

I have taken the liberty of replying to your comment on my blog here, to accomodate the comfort of those who have a scrip for Ambien and do not need me, thank you very much, as well as anyone whose insomnia is so severe that even propofol has proven ineffective.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4047224;
    Am I watching the same show? The Manzos/Lauritas/Giudices are always attacking Danielle. Always.

Dina: "I don't know if she wants to hug me or skin me like last year's Prada." Called her insane, and all this after vowing (and trying*) to be more forgiving.

Caroline calls her garbage, and she called her worse on the twitter feed last night. Really nasty.

Teresa picked a fight deliberately at the Brownstone, after (a) being her friend (b) being really really horrible about her and "THE BOOK" (c) chucking a table about and charging at her.

Jacqueline turned on her (why?) and ran after her at the fashion horror screaming details about her criminal conviction for all and sundry. Yes, it's public records but still it wasn't done to inform the public but to hurt and embarrass.

I could go on about the nasty things the Manzo boys have said, but it was strange that Danielle couldn't think of one example when I could come up with about a dozen. Even in their bravo blogs...

What did she want? She wanted to have Danielle out of their lives AND for Danielle to drop the charges against Ashley. What did she offer - what was the quid for the quo? "We will stay out of your life." (Which is a tacit admission that they were in it, that they started rumors, that they attacked. Certainly that they were not innocent.) It was more than just you sit on your side of the street and we will sit on ours. It was also the criminal charges against Ashely (once again, Jacqueline couldn't ask for what she watned). What did she offer for that rather large favour? Nothing, she asked for it out of mercy (from somebody she'd called garbage on national TV) and got really p*ssed off when she didn't get it. She could at least have listened to Danielle and offered respect (big clue - when Danielle said that she was the matriarch of her family she wanted to be treated as an equal, for the numerical advantage to be cancelled out or ignored) and some contrition for the attacks that ....

This strikes me... Caroline said on one moment that she stood with all the people who stand behind her, but when it came to Danielle's complaints about the attacks, she demanded that Danielle list an attack that she, Caroline, had personally made. She tried to shift the frame of the debate from the group identity to the individual one as it was convenient....

I seriously do not think that Caroline came in good faith for a genuine negotiation. She came to bully Danielle and what she offered in negotiation was what she wanted anyway.

*Danielle sure didn't make it easy for Dina to be more forgiving but it's strange that if the rumors are true, Dina was the one with the least reason to be.
    Brilliant analysis! I agree with everything you said. As crazy and unstable as I think Danielle is, some of the things the others have done to her and how they gang up on her at times almost makes me a Danielle fan--not that I think she is perfect and completely innocent by any means. I always do tend to go for the underdog.

The best line last night ... Danielle: "I'm a clown, you're the one with the red hair" ...
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4047224;
    Am I watching the same show? The Manzos/Lauritas/Giudices are always attacking Danielle. Always.

Dina: "I don't know if she wants to hug me or skin me like last year's Prada." Called her insane, and all this after vowing (and trying*) to be more forgiving.

Caroline calls her garbage, and she called her worse on the twitter feed last night. Really nasty.

Teresa picked a fight deliberately at the Brownstone, after (a) being her friend (b) being really really horrible about her and "THE BOOK" (c) chucking a table about and charging at her.

Jacqueline turned on her (why?) and ran after her at the fashion horror screaming details about her criminal conviction for all and sundry. Yes, it's public records but still it wasn't done to inform the public but to hurt and embarrass.

I could go on about the nasty things the Manzo boys have said, but it was strange that Danielle couldn't think of one example when I could come up with about a dozen. Even in their bravo blogs...

What did she want? She wanted to have Danielle out of their lives AND for Danielle to drop the charges against Ashley. What did she offer - what was the quid for the quo? "We will stay out of your life." (Which is a tacit admission that they were in it, that they started rumors, that they attacked. Certainly that they were not innocent.) It was more than just you sit on your side of the street and we will sit on ours. It was also the criminal charges against Ashely (once again, Jacqueline couldn't ask for what she watned). What did she offer for that rather large favour? Nothing, she asked for it out of mercy (from somebody she'd called garbage on national TV) and got really p*ssed off when she didn't get it. She could at least have listened to Danielle and offered respect (big clue - when Danielle said that she was the matriarch of her family she wanted to be treated as an equal, for the numerical advantage to be cancelled out or ignored) and some contrition for the attacks that ....

This strikes me... Caroline said on one moment that she stood with all the people who stand behind her, but when it came to Danielle's complaints about the attacks, she demanded that Danielle list an attack that she, Caroline, had personally made. She tried to shift the frame of the debate from the group identity to the individual one as it was convenient....

I seriously do not think that Caroline came in good faith for a genuine negotiation. She came to bully Danielle and what she offered in negotiation was what she wanted anyway.

*Danielle sure didn't make it easy for Dina to be more forgiving but it's strange that if the rumors are true, Dina was the one with the least reason to be.
    ITA!!! Great post, AA!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Pants;4047458;
    OMG, can you imagine how scared you would be if you gave up a daughter 47 years ago and then found out it was Danielle?
    OMG, wouldn't that be awful! Here's a little visual of what her reaction might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4047288;
    I would also be creeped out at danielle asking her daughters to hug legitimate security personnel or off duty cops that they did not know
    I was only addressing the "thuggery" not condoning hugging.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4047338;

Oh, please tell the rumors!
    Just the old one that Dina forged the consent for Lexi to be on the show and nearly lost custody of her when Danielle clued the ex-husband/Lexi's dad in on the scam. I always thought that there had to be something beyond "we don't like her" to explain the seemingly undeserved animus.

In S1's reunion Caroline alluded to something that Danielle had done, that Dina asked her not to talk about, that made Danielle 'garbage.' And if you watch "The Last Supper" Dina is as nervous as a cat on a proverbial hot one, jumping from person to person, possibly (IMHO) in terror that Danielle would spill the baby-daddy's beans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4047373;
    How to be a skinny Italian? Even if the person who wrote the book is not so skinny anymore...but...we can watch her get that way again, meal by meal, bite by bite. Won't that be fun?
    If she doesn't pay her bills she'll get skinny quick. She's such a liar - she told Juicy Joe that she never makes pizza dough but goes on and on in her book "Screechy Ita'yan" about her secret recipe.

So secret even she doesn't know about it...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Storm915;4047502;
    It seems everyone thinks that Caroline and Jacqueline are perfect, far from it. They showed their true colors this season. Why even Jacqueline "stooped as low as Danielle"...running around a respectable place calling people names, yeah, real classy. And we saw how far Teresa has fallen, and she was sanctioned as being a perfect fit into the Manzo/Laurita family, and that was by the the Godmother herself, Caroline. I wonder what they think of her now?

Caroline didn't like Danielle, and you know she doesn't like Kim G, so what does that leave us? I know I don't want to watch an all Manzo-Laurita show, and you know how boring that is going to be! Their collective tribes aren't interesting enough to hold my attention for 1/2 hour, let alone 1 hour. If they wanted an all "family" show, they should have produced one themselves.

+ Reply to Thread