+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2515Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4047291;
    Guess that beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. I find her extremely unattractive. I'm sure that her personality does have something to do with my opinion but I still don't like her looks, at all.
    I know that it's unkind of me to say this, but I think Ashley looks "drawn" - as in a comic book character. There's something flat and 2-dimensional looking about her face. Come to think of it, Danielle looks drawn, too (like a caricature). And Jacqueline looks more like a Mardi Gras parade puppet or a blow up doll. There's something eerie looking about all of them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4047247;
    I didn't think Danielle's hired "protection" looked particulary thuggish - they looked like lawyers (or undertakers).
    It was clearly a different detail than the one she chose to accompany her to the Brownstone Baby Benefit. Those guys, like Danny, were obviously old pals of hers.

The Matriarch to Matriarch team, in contrast, appeared to be perfectly ordinary, respectable people, and it wasn't just their appearance.

From the way they interacted with her, I got the distinct impression that they didn't know Danielle at all, but were just the regular old hourly dudes anyone gets by calling a regular old car service and placing an order of driver and a side of security.

I was a little surprised that the name of the agency wasn't mentioned, or on the car somewhere, or maybe it was and I missed it? Or maybe those were the owners, and chose face time over promotional consideration for reasons of vanity, sheer fun, or both.

The "guys with guns," I thought, referred to Danny and the gang, staked out behind the dumpster or something like hidden snipers.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4047224;
    ...Danielle sure didn't make it easy for Dina to be more forgiving but it's strange that if the rumors are true, Dina was the one with the least reason to be.
    Oh, please tell the rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4046662;
    I just saw a clip of the reunion show. It is sooooo disturbing and hateful, that it's uncomfortable to watch.
    I did, too, but maybe we saw different clips because my reaction is more like "I can't wait!"

The one I saw featured a blip of Theresa grabbing Andy Cohen and plopping him soundly down in his chair like a rag doll - and another of Andy chasing Jacqueline, I think, across the studio and grabbing her, apparently with the intention of dragging her back to the set!
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

I have no comments about last's night show other than t.r.a.i.n.w.r.e.c.k.!

But I would like to say ... and wonder if anyone else has ever noticed this ... CHRIS never ever holds Nick ... or seems to have anything to do with him. While I do like Chris ... it appears to me that he has very little to do with CJ and Nick. My DH could not wait to get home from work each night to just spend all his time with our DS' when they were little. I think Jacqueline really is a good mom, but I keep wanting to say ... "give the baby to Chris and take a break" ... every scene has her holding onto Nick. Other funny thing I noticed is how much she uses her stroller INSIDE the house. I never thought to do that when my kiddos were little. Interesting.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=bahurupiya;4047338
    [I]I was a little surprised that the name of the agency wasn't mentioned, or on the car somewhere, or maybe it was and I missed it? Or maybe those were the owners, and chose face time over promotional consideration for reasons of vanity, sheer fun, or both."[/I]

This felt like the only authentic part of the show to me. These guys were professionals, and low-key to boot. I suspect that in a moment of conscience, conscientiousness to Bravo's liabliilty, or maybe even common sense, Bravo paid for an ordinary security detail to accompany Danielle into a world of people who exhibit unrestrained antipathy and violent hostility toward her.

Note: sorry for the clumsy quoting.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 08-24-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Last night was really anti climactic to last season's finale.

We could have used a good table flip.

That was all staged. This season opened with Dina meeting with Danielle and ended with Caroline meeiting with D.
    Both efforts came to an impasse.
    I got the sense that Caroline felt Ashley was wrong for doing what she did to Danielle. But, she felt it was even more wrong for Danielle to lie and say the things about Ashley that she did.
    Personally, I did not agree. Ashley seems to operate on some other planet - how the heck did she ever get such a nice boyfriend? Just amazing.

NBC/Channel 4 has been announcing that the Real Housewives will be showing in the fall. Interesting....I wonder if they'll be moving over from Bravo, or if NBC will be showing reruns in the daytime?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

From Anglo Am: I could go on about the nasty things the Manzo boys have said, but it was strange that Danielle couldn't think of one example when I could come up with about a dozen. Even in their bravo blogs...

Danielle does not have the quickest reflexes when she is forced to think on her feet. She is able to conjure conspiracies and nurse resentments and then regurgitate them when she's given time, but when she must listen, process, and then respond coherently I think it overloads her brain. This is common for a lot of people, particularly those who have suffered some amount of trauma.

She probably sat around afterward and thought of all the things she should have said.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Newbie

I personally am disgusted w/ the way Danielle uses her kids by unloading all her problems/thoughts (that are usually negative).
    My mom used to do that to me, she did have mental issues, but everyday after school (it started when I was in 4th grade), she'd park the car in a parking lot, then unload all her frustrations, she would tell me I was good at giving her pep talks; but that is just another form of child abuse, even psychiatrists agree.
    Danielle is basically giving the girls a "job", that of hearing her issues, and kids should not have a job, they need to just be kids. This crap can rob them of their innocence, they're too young to be hearing Danielle spew her problems.

Quote Originally Posted by falconeddie;4047361;
    I personally am disgusted w/ the way Danielle uses her kids by unloading all her problems/thoughts (that are usually negative).
    My mom used to do that to me, she did have mental issues, but everyday after school (it started when I was in 4th grade), she'd park the car in a parking lot, then unload all her frustrations, she would tell me I was good at giving her pep talks; but that is just another form of child abuse, even psychiatrists agree.
    Danielle is basically giving the girls a "job", that of hearing her issues, and kids should not have a job, they need to just be kids. This crap can rob them of their innocence, they're too young to be hearing Danielle spew her problems.
    I can totally relate to that...my mom used to do the same thing to me...tell me all her woes between my dad and her...she used me as her confidant and friend instead of me being the kid and her the mom. She (and my dad too) robbed me of just being a child. Danielle needs to get an adult friend who she can talk to...not rely on her kids...it's so unfair to them and I think later on they'll resent her for it. Plus...not to mention...she is teaching them how to be psychopaths also, just like her. Not a very good example IMO....

Did I miss the outcome of Danielle's search for her mother? I didn't sit down and give my full attention to the last couple of shows and I didn't see anyone mention it here. Did they talk about it ,at all, last night? I'm thinking that possibly it may be the subject of a show centered around Danielle. They brought it up and made us wonder. Now, if BRAVO comes up with "Danielle Finds Her Mother" we'll watch. I don't think I would be very interested in a show about Danielle but I know that I would watch a meeting between the two of them. I can't stand watching the parts of RHNJ that she's on so I REALLY couldn't take a whole hour of just her!

Nope...you didn't miss anything....there wasn't any mention at all re: her search for her mom. You're probably right...they most likely will center her show around her search for her mom...mentioning it on this show was just a hook to get you to watch her show...that is...if there really is one.

+ Reply to Thread