+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I didn't think Danielle's hired "protection" looked particulary thuggish - they looked like lawyers (or undertakers).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;4047206;

Derek is very wise. How did he end up with that idiot?
    Despite all of Ashley's faults, I do think she's pretty. If Ashley learns to control her mouth (and her online mouth), they would make a cute couple.

As for Danielle forcing her children to thank the bodyguards, I found it really, really disturbing. I can't imagine encouraging my daughter to hug a man we hardly know. I mean, who does that?! I would even be reluctant to push my young daughter to hug a close family friend who is a male. Danielle's children could not have met the bodyguards more than a handful of times. I wonder, do they have to hug all of the Bravo producers and camermen too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4047240;
    GMAB, you loon! You have your girls hugging armed thugs? And what did they really do for her anyway ... drive her there and then back home? It's not like they crossed eneny lines to rescue her from sniper fire in Sarajevo and smuggle her back into the U.S. or something.
    Why do you think they were armed thugs? They could have been legitimate security personnel or off-duty cops. They certainly looked it. I know a million of 'em.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4047280;
    Why do you think they were armed thugs? They could have been legitimate security personnel or off-duty cops. They certainly looked it. I know a million of 'em.

I would also be creeped out at danielle asking her daughters to hug legitimate security personnel or off duty cops that they did not know

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;4047253;
    Despite all of Ashley's faults, I do think she's pretty. If Ashley learns to control her mouth (and her online mouth), they would make a cute couple.

As for Danielle forcing her children to thank the bodyguards, I found it really, really disturbing. I can't imagine encouraging my daughter to hug a man we hardly know. I mean, who does that?! I would even be reluctant to push my young daughter to hug a close family friend who is a male. Danielle's children could not have met the bodyguards more than a handful of times. I wonder, do they have to hug all of the Bravo producers and camermen too?
    Guess that beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. I find her extremely unattractive. I'm sure that her personality does have something to do with my opinion but I still don't like her looks, at all. I think that her mom's head is shaped like a peanut! A nose job combined with hair and makeup have given her an attractive appearance. I do think that Ashley looks much better since she's had her nose done (from the photos that I've seen) I even think that she looks cute. Her old face, on the last 2 seasons, (IMO) is nothing to write home about. I'm glad that it's gone.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was needless. I would have liked it if the young ladies were taught to shake the gentlemen's hands and ask "how do you do?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;4047292;
    I thought it was needless. I would have liked it if the young ladies were taught to shake the gentlemen's hands and ask "how do you do?"
    Yes, I agree this would have been a much better option.

I agree...it was really creepy the way Danielle expected her kids to hug those guys....YUCK...I cringed, but then again...I almost ALWAYS cringe whenever there is any kind of interaction between Danielle and her kids. But I'm not surprised she forced them to hug those guys...her mothering skills are extremely lacking and she is very inappropriate with her kids. She has no boundries in her own personal life or with her children. She treats her kids like they are her best friends and confidants and makes them privy to things that they should never be involved in. The majority of the time, her kids look at her like she is whacked or as if they have no interest at all in hearing of her drama and adventures. Her kids have more common sense in their little toes then Danielle has in her entire being. Oh...and I just love the part with her and her "spiritual" advisor on the phone....yeah....like that's really working for her. And what kind of "spiritual" advisor would not try and talk her out of bringing her "armed back-up men" with her? I thought those oh-so spiritual types that she associates with are all about love, peace and light? Where does armed-gunmen fit into that equation?

And to a previous poster....I think if I hear Danielle refer to WOMEN one more time as WOMAN....I'm gonna have to hunt her down and slap her!!! It's funny how that was pointed out to her when she was on with Andy Cohen one time and she acknowledged that she says it, yet she still says it....showing that you truly can't teach an OLD dog new tricks!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4047301;
    The majority of the time, her kids look at her like she is whacked or as if they have no interest at all in hearing of her drama and adventures.
    Did anyone else notice how little interest the bodyguards showed in hearing the background about her feud with the Manzos? I thought it was pretty funny when the one bodyguard looked like he was thinking, "I don't care, and why are you telling me this?"

Yep....I noticed that too....he probably thought she was whacked also...

+ Reply to Thread