+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2854Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Poppy of course it is what they are being paid for. If everybody got along the ratings would tank & Bravo can't allow that to happen.

I really don't think Caroline really wanted to meet up with Danielle but she really didn't raise her voice & only sunk to Danielle's level when she called her garbage. She went there alone & not with 2 armed body guards. Were they really necessary???

I am clueless as to why Danielle brings her minor daughters into her life's drama but then again it is probably because she really doesn't have any close friends with the exception of Danny. Jillian has more brains than her mother.

It is fairly obvious that Danielle has limited education & social skills. When she said Carmelo I thought she meant Carmelo Anthony & couldn't understand why she is bringing a basketball player into the conversation until I finally figured out she was referring to a fictional television character.

I think I have finally gotten over my Real Housewife addiction.

I just think Bravo set up the whole Caroline/Danielle showdown mtg. Caroline is smart enough to know that there is no getting through to Danielle. That was pure Bravo.

And it's curious that Bravo has "fired" Danielle from next season. Maybe that was Caroline's bargain with Bravo producers (?) I'll do this whole show down with Danielle but the bi-atch is not coming back on the show.

((even though this showdown was filmed last Dec. and Danielle was fired last week))

Love Lauren Manzo. What a smart, bright and beautiful girl.

Can't Stand Ashley. She's an idiot. Ungrateful bitty.

Why does Danielle's daughters always look like they are deer caught in headlights when their mother speaks to them? They have that fear in their eyes that if they don't say what Danielle WANTS them to say then they will get in trouble. Girls - runaway. Go to your Dad's house. NOW.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4047007;
    Because they haven't attacked her! It's true that Danielle has set out to hurt people in the Manzo/Laurita clan as well as the Guidices. Setting aside our personal feelings for any of these people, I don't know how anyone can deny that.
    Am I watching the same show? The Manzos/Lauritas/Giudices are always attacking Danielle. Always.

Dina: "I don't know if she wants to hug me or skin me like last year's Prada." Called her insane, and all this after vowing (and trying*) to be more forgiving.

Caroline calls her garbage, and she called her worse on the twitter feed last night. Really nasty.

Teresa picked a fight deliberately at the Brownstone, after (a) being her friend (b) being really really horrible about her and "THE BOOK" (c) chucking a table about and charging at her.

Jacqueline turned on her (why?) and ran after her at the fashion horror screaming details about her criminal conviction for all and sundry. Yes, it's public records but still it wasn't done to inform the public but to hurt and embarrass.

I could go on about the nasty things the Manzo boys have said, but it was strange that Danielle couldn't think of one example when I could come up with about a dozen. Even in their bravo blogs...

I think Caroline's intentions were good. I think she just wants to be done, really and truly. And if Danielle could have just gone into it with the intention of putting it to rest, they could have accomplished that. If she really, truly wanted to be done with these people, she wouldn't have read all sorts of crazy intentions into that text message, she would have just said, okay, and done it.
    What did she want? She wanted to have Danielle out of their lives AND for Danielle to drop the charges against Ashley. What did she offer - what was the quid for the quo? "We will stay out of your life." (Which is a tacit admission that they were in it, that they started rumors, that they attacked. Certainly that they were not innocent.) It was more than just you sit on your side of the street and we will sit on ours. It was also the criminal charges against Ashely (once again, Jacqueline couldn't ask for what she watned). What did she offer for that rather large favour? Nothing, she asked for it out of mercy (from somebody she'd called garbage on national TV) and got really p*ssed off when she didn't get it. She could at least have listened to Danielle and offered respect (big clue - when Danielle said that she was the matriarch of her family she wanted to be treated as an equal, for the numerical advantage to be cancelled out or ignored) and some contrition for the attacks that ....

This strikes me... Caroline said on one moment that she stood with all the people who stand behind her, but when it came to Danielle's complaints about the attacks, she demanded that Danielle list an attack that she, Caroline, had personally made. She tried to shift the frame of the debate from the group identity to the individual one as it was convenient....

I seriously do not think that Caroline came in good faith for a genuine negotiation. She came to bully Danielle and what she offered in negotiation was what she wanted anyway.

*Danielle sure didn't make it easy for Dina to be more forgiving but it's strange that if the rumors are true, Dina was the one with the least reason to be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Pants;4047075;

I will say this for Caroline, I do think that her children respect them. I think that her children had advantages, but didn't turn out lazy and and with an air of entitlement.
    I kinda think Albie had a sense of entitlement to not being thrown out of law school despite failing one (and only one) of his classes due to not getting accomodation/services because the office for it never returned his phone call (and therefore he had nothing further to do - he'd announced his need, taken a minimal step to fill it, and it was of course up to the universe to follow up). He was so surprised when the world didn't live up to Caroline's constantly telling him that if he wanted something he should work for it and if he worked for it success was guaranteed.

Sometimes people work as hard as they can as long as they can and still do not get what they want.

that creeped me out too!!!!! and what the heck were they doing? just sitting there playing w a tv cabinet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4047171;
    The end of the show where Danielle made her girls thank the creepy 'bodyguards' for keeping her safe from her imagined danger....that creeped me out. totally

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;4047161;
    Your last statement is exactly the reason why Caroline shouldn't have done this. Danielle likes drama, she over does everything. I mean what the heck is she taking bodyguards everyhwere for? Caroline should have known better. I read somewhere that Danielle got the pink slip, so who are they going to gang up against then. If Danielle goes, so goes the show as there really is no storyline but everybody vs. Danielle. Are those lovely girls really hers? Thank God for thier dad.
    They'll probably gang up on Jacqueline - she's not Joisey Itahyan.

How Caroline could call her garbage and then taunt her for leaving the "discussion" (and then her kids gleefully tweet how "the guilty always run") is beyond me. Somebody else was right - the ad hominems bring rational discussion to a screeching halt.

Funny too - the only person who lost their temper and dignity was Caroline, when it was clear she wasn't getting her way.

Valid points......I also loved how Caroline had no response when Danielle questioned her allegiance to friends who are under indictment (Bernie Kerik).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4047229;
    that creeped me out too!!!!! and what the heck were they doing? just sitting there playing w a tv cabinet?
    I think it creeped the girls out too -- and they were trying to fiddle with the TV to make it stop showing the Bravo channel.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4047171;
    The end of the show where Danielle made her girls thank the creepy 'bodyguards' for keeping her safe from her imagined danger....that creeped me out. totally
    That definitely was the worst part of the whole fiasco to me. When Danielle told the girls to thank the men, they both sat there and looked like, Huh? Then, as if they had received an invisible (to us) signal from the sidelines, they both got up and hugged the two thugs. Then Danielle the Creepy Inappropriate Mother from Hell said something like, "We hug in this house." GMAB, you loon! You have your girls hugging armed thugs? And what did they really do for her anyway ... drive her there and then back home? It's not like they crossed eneny lines to rescue her from sniper fire in Sarajevo and smuggle her back into the U.S. or something.

As I said before and as many have said here, it's ridiculous that she went to the contrived meeting, anyway. Hard to imagine that either she or Caroline could be so stupid as to think anything would be accomplished. I can see Caroline asking her to drop charges against Ashley, but D had no idea what the purpose of the meeting was ... did she think Caroline was going to hug her and ask if they could all be friends?

I like both of D's kids and wish they could live with their father. Christine has a great future as a model (hopefully enough to be away from home a lot as long as D has primary custody) and perhaps Jillian as a singer, although I wasn't overly impressed with her vocal performance at the sweet 16 party. Maybe she ought to stick with songwriting ... the lyrics were pretty good for a kid her age. In any case, they both are a lot smarter and more sensible than their mother. Guess they learned the hard way. Sometimes when all you see is craziness, you learn how you do NOT want to be.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4047025;
    Lauren was great! I was pleasantly surprised! She looked pretty good too!
    If not anything else, at least , Ashley got scared straight but we'll see if it lasts.
    I thought Lauren was great too. From what I saw last night, she will be a great mother someday, just like her mom is a very good mom.

+ Reply to Thread