+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4044296;
    True. I've been there. But do you think that's why Teresa herself pronounces it that way? It's just easier to pronounce it the way it's spelled? It's certainly possible.

A few pages back we discussed the pending lawsuit Danielle has against Teresa. While I don't think Danielle should win anything or should have even filed a case, I DO think that it might lead to her just stopping. Stopping all the instigating and semi-stalking and everything.

I haven't seen any of the shows in two weeks so I'm feeling a little more sympathetic to Danielle than usual.
    I can feel for her, searching for her mother. But it's even nicer for you to feel more sympathetic when you didn't even see the show! It was a good change of pace to have an episode without any interaction between her and Teresa or Jacqueline. Can't stand all that lunacy and venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4044317;
    I can feel for (Danielle), searching for her mother....
    I think I would feel for her more had she not stipulated that if her mother had alcoholism, a disease of addiction, or was homeless, she did not wish any contact, adding that she is not doing this with the intention of making her mother better, but making herself better, and she just can't bring that kind of thing into her life.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by bahurupiya;4044399;
    I think I would feel for her more had she not stipulated that if her mother had alcoholism, a disease of addiction, or was homeless, she did not wish any contact, adding that she is not doing this with the intention of making her mother better, but making herself better, and she just can't bring that kind of thing into her life.
    Well remember she said that she wanted to "smell her mother"? I suppose she wouldn't smell so fresh if she was an alcholic or homeless.

I'm rewatching the last episode now. I can't believe Teresa's parents travelled all that way to their home town and then sat on the bus at the bottom of the hill. I saw several cars parked on that hill they were climbing. Was there really no other way to get them up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4044406;
    Well remember she said that she wanted to "smell her mother"? I suppose she wouldn't smell so fresh if she was an alcholic or homeless.

I'm rewatching the last episode now. I can't believe Teresa's parents travelled all that way to their home town and then sat on the bus at the bottom of the hill. I saw several cars parked on that hill they were climbing. Was there really no other way to get them up there?
    I was wondering that too. There were cars driving past them so it seems like they could have, at least ,gotten a car for the "old folk".

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4044406;
    Who knows, maybe there is more than we know going on with that clan. Why travel all that way from the US and not go and say hello to your old neighbors...maybe the branch (Teresa) doesn't fall far from that tree...if you get my drift? Just sayin'

FORT Fogey

I don't have any problem with her saying she was doing it for herself, not her mother. If her mother wanted to meet the daughter she gave up, she would be searching for her, too. And maybe she is ... we don't know (yet). Why would she be doing it for her mother when she doesn't even know the woman and whether she (the mother) wants to meet her? I could sort of understand her not wanting to bring her mother into her and her daughters' lives if she's an alcoholic, drug addict, etc. ... but she (Danielle) seems to have no problem bringing men into their lives with criminal backgrounds. It's hopeless to try to make any sense of Danielle.

OMG! I was floored by this. More so by the homeless part (I've dealt with alcoholism so I can kind of understand her not wanting that around her daughters). So she's cool with continuing to allow her mother to be homeless?

That's an awesome thing to teach your daughters. 'Homeless people are not worthy even if they are family.'

Basically she wants her mother to be a beautiful wealthy woman who will lavish her with gifts in an effort to make up for the fact that, at 15, she gave Danielle up for adoption.

Danielle probably also blames her mom for the things that she did in her early adulthood.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 08-21-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4044544;
    I don't have any problem with her saying she was doing it for herself, not her mother. If her mother wanted to meet the daughter she gave up, she would be searching for her, too. And maybe she is ... we don't know (yet). Why would she be doing it for her mother when she doesn't even know the woman and whether she (the mother) wants to meet her? I could sort of understand her not wanting to bring her mother into her and her daughters' lives if she's an alcoholic, drug addict, etc. ... but she (Danielle) seems to have no problem bringing men into their lives with criminal backgrounds. It's hopeless to try to make any sense of Danielle.
    I agree with you.

I understand her doing this for herself but I also think she has this fantasy of how she wants her mom to be (see my post above) and she is probably going to be very disappointed. Even if her mom turns out to be June Clever.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;4044551;
    I agree with you.

I understand her doing this for herself but I also think she has this fantasy of how she wants her mom to be (see my post above) and she is probably going to be very disappointed. Even if her mom turns out to be June Clever.
    Yes, I'm sure no matter how the woman turned out, she will be a disappointment to Danielle. I just think she is a very lonely person (of course, that is of her own doing) grasping at anything and anyone to have love in her life. Unfortunately, she has made herself pretty unloveable. If her mother has no money, she will be of no use to Danielle. If she's well off, I'm sure D will expect her to get busy trying to make up for 49 years (is that how old she is?) with gifts and attention.

47? Something around 47-49.

Speaking of age, I can not believe how young Caroline and Christopher's mom looked. Everytime I saw her she looked like one the of the siblings. Was it ever mentioned how young she is?

+ Reply to Thread