+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2852Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4040447;
    ...Does anybody here remember Troll Dolls? Maybe next season Gabriella will object to being made to look like one...
    Someone should really start the countdown to the tell-all books. These kids' might outsell the inevitable Gosselin series of them. Just 8 more years till the twins turn 18, I think, and maybe one less than that for little Gia...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4040467;
    ...an episode last season where the whole family sat down and tried to convince her to pursue some kind of career of her own choosing ... just something (other than sitting around on her behind) ... and she sort of narrowed down her interests to doing makeup, so voila, beauty school...
    You are absolutely right, I was speaking in the tribal sense, as in what if she became disenchanted and wished to leave the village forever and take up foreign ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4040467;
    ...Neither Teresa nor Joe is a Manzo...
    I just found that out! All this time I had thought that there were 3 sisters and 1 brother, but just a few minutes ago, someone offline told me that they aren't actually family members!

I do appreciate being set straight on this key genealogical point, but I can't lie. To me, they're just as much part of the tribe as if they were listed in the family tree, and it's the Manzo tribe because Caroline Manzo is the Chief and High Priestess of it.

Oooh! I just had a thought! Maybe Theresa, no - Joe! is a secret Manzo sibling, and that is why he and Theresa get to be in the tribe, though of course no one ever speaks of it, to protect the honor of dear Granny Manzo, who, like Danielle's biomom, "got in trouble" as a teen, and the baby was left on the doorstep of sweet old Granny Giudice back in Sala Consilina, but when the Manzo children met young Joe, somehow they all sensed something that they couldn't explain, but when they all went swimming together for the first time they discovered that young Joe shared with them the Secret Manzo Mark - a backwards baby toe, and they all took a solemn vow to never tell the secret, and never be separated from their long-lost brother again, even if one day they were on a Bravo reality show!

Yes, that has to be it.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4040234;
    I was laughing so hard at Teresa trying to pronounce 'bidet'. Teresa is just ridiculously dumb.
    I could be wrong, but based on what she was saying, I thought she was using the Italian word for it - and couldn't remember how it was pronounced in America? Not that I disagree with you as to the second sentence!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4040521;
    I could be wrong, but based on what she was saying, I thought she was using the Italian word for it - and couldn't remember how it was pronounced in America? Not that I disagree with you as to the second sentence!
    That's what I thought, too ... that she was trying to come up with the Italian word for it and then got confused about the English word. I don't think it takes much to confuse her, poor woman.

I thought the scene was hilarious with Joe trying to manage all her luggage. OMG, going on "vacation" with them and all their kids -- nightmare city!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;4040521;
    I think the Italian is prounounced "bee'dee" and "bidet" is actually French, but is pronounced the same in English. I wonder what she calls the one in her master bath?

What I found amazing is that she thinks that having a cradle language explains her not knowing and using her native tongue competently. One would think that 20 years of school would have helped her with that
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I love how Albert and Caroline only hang out with the pretty Giudice girl. Hope she doesn't punch one of them in the back. One day she'll handle knives. Oh, and what the hell is an "Oh beduh?" That woman's IQ actually decreases with time. As though her gray matter is pushed out with each child.

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=Poppy Fields;4040541;]I think the Italian is prounounced "bee'dee" and "bidet" is actually French, but is pronounced the same in English. I wonder what she calls the one in her master bath?
    QUOTE]

The drinking fountain.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

I'm probably in the minority here, but I liked the way they juxtaposed the stories last night - Danielle searching for her parentage and Teresa, et al, finding theirs.
    I find this show a hoot and an absolutely wonderful way to overcome my own problems.
    Danielle's "ethniticity" comment and constant reference to these "woman" is also a welcome diversion.

Both Staub daughters always look so pained whenever their mother engages them in a "private" converstion replete with endless Bravo cameras. Ya gotta love it!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kiz

I'm sure the bankruptcy judge is going to love this defense. They may be able to play the system, but I'm sure it's not going to endear them to anyone who has the authority to give them a well deserved smack down.

Attorney Defends Teresa Giudice’s Alleged $60,000 Shopping Spree - PEOPLE TV Watch

Teresa Giudice is taking a lot of heat for allegedly spending $60,000 on home furnishings and luxury items immediately after filing for bankruptcy last October, but her attorney says that was her money to spend any way she wanted.

“That was the money she earned as an advance for her book Skinny Italian,” her attorney Jim Kridel tells PEOPLE. “Since she earned it after the filing, she was absolutely free to spend it.”

And, he says, the Real Housewives of New Jersey star was wise to do so.

“If she put it in the bank, they’d say, ‘Why don’t you pay your creditors,’ and the trustee might freeze the assets while he investigates whether she can spend it or not,” Kridel says.

Acknowledging that the reality star may “draw scrutiny” by spending that much, Kridel says Giudice didn’t break the law. “Legally you are entitled to spend money you earn after a bankruptcy,” he explains.

The cause of the shopping frenzy? “She needed to re-buy furniture because she didn’t have any furniture in the house,” says Kridel. “It’s a big house and she wanted furniture consistent with her style on the show. There is nothing wrong with doing that, except that it doesn’t look good for her to be doing it.”

As for paying back the creditors, that’s still a work in progress — and fraught with issues, Kridel says.

A scheduled Aug. 22 auction of personal items belonging to Teresa, 38, and husband Joe, 40, was postponed until Oct. 3, but Kridel says the items for sale — including the couple’s wedding rings, children’s toys and even a suit or armor — are expected to fetch only $51,000 at auction. (The couple is entitled to $52,000 worth of personal property that is exempt from the bankruptcy filing.)

The two listed $10.98 million in debt when they filed for bankruptcy last year. Kridel adds that other than the $51,000 in property, “they have no assets.” –Charlotte Triggs
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4040515;
    no, their bankruptcy proceeding are nowhere near complete yet. The $60K spree was mentioned a couple of pages back. Apparently she got called out in court about it
    I realize that the bankruptcy proceedings are far from over. I was amazed she spent 60k on some more of that 'AWESOME' decor. Wonder if she has a decorator or if she does all of that on her own.

+ Reply to Thread