+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2833Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I have no idea what the franchise used to be like. I switched from cable to DirectTv about a year and a half ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;4039452;
    TODAYShow.com - Danielle Staub reportedly fired from 'Real Housewives'

Danielle Staub of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" will "not be invited back on the show, should there be a third season," according to a source close to the production.

"Danielle was told that she would not be returning for a third season," a source told Life & Style magazine. "(It) came as a complete shock, and she thought she was definitely going to return."

"We don't comment on casting a future 'Real Housewives' when a current one is still airing," a rep for Bravo said.

No further explanation for Staub's exclusion from an upcoming season was given, though there mught be some hints about it when the "RHNJ" reunion special airs Aug. 30.

Staub is reportedly trying to generate interest in a spin-off reality show about her life. At her Aug. 10 birthday party at the New York strip club Scores, she told Life & Style, "I donít know if there are talks right now about a third season of the show, but I'm more excited about talks of my spin-off than anything else.Ē
    I couldn't care one way or another about these NJ wackadoos; however, find it interesting that Bravo created the Danielle we all know and love. It was their Frankenstein. All shows have a villain of some sort, but Danielle's "role" was waaaaaaaaaaaay over the top.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4039451;
    I would still like to know what Juicy Joe was doing out at 2 AM. Funny how that was never mentioned. He had a wreck & drank 4 shots of Jameison after he called the police & that was all he drank that night. Okay maybe it was techinically the next day.
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a passport & do infants need one?
    EVERYBODY needs a passport.

FORT Newbie

OMG, I almost died when I found this site a week ago. I have been up very, very late every night reading. Very excited to bere. Teresa looked like the cat that ate the canary walking into/out of Bankruptcy court today. You would have to wheel me in/out in a wheelbarrow I would be so devistated.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;4039589;
    I couldn't care one way or another about these NJ wackadoos; however, find it interesting that Bravo created the Danielle we all know and love. It was their Frankenstein. All shows have a villain of some sort, but Danielle's "role" was waaaaaaaaaaaay over the top.
    I'm going to guess that the Danielle we all know and (don't) love is probably 70% Danielle and 30% Bravo.

It just seems weird to me that someone would want themselves portrayed in such a negative light even for their '15 minutes' but I'm not crazy so what would I know. Maybe if one is crazy enough they wouldn't care what they were remembered for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Pants;4039597;
    OMG, I almost died when I found this site a week ago. I have been up very, very late every night reading. Very excited to bere. Teresa looked like the cat that ate the canary walking into/out of Bankruptcy court today. You would have to wheel me in/out in a wheelbarrow I would be so devistated.
    Hello and welcome!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;4039663;
    I'm going to guess that the Danielle we all know and (don't) love is probably 70% Danielle and 30% Bravo.

It just seems weird to me that someone would want themselves portrayed in such a negative light even for their '15 minutes' but I'm not crazy so what would I know. Maybe if one is crazy enough they wouldn't care what they were remembered for.
    I'm sure Bravo egged her on at times, but you can't make up the stuff she was spouting or that paranoid delusional mental state of hers. I think your last sentence is right-on! Are they really going to give her a spinoff? I won't be watching! Gee, I hate to see someone get "rewarded" for being such a vicious troublemaker. Reality TV is going too far in that case.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4039664;
    Hello and welcome!
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Even though I am new here, I am not new to all of the Bravo HW series. My husband use to watch with me because I think he loved the OC clevage. NY and NJ put him over the edge. Speaking of edge...I think I need a couple of adult beverages before I can handle those whiny, bratty mini T's.

tvaholic I love you posts and Poopy's too!

FORT Newbie

Maybe someone can answer this for me...who paid for Christine's Sweet 16 party? I was wondering if it was sponsored by her modeling agency? Sure would be great PR for her. From what I glean, it was not her father. We know Danielle does not have that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;4039663;

I never understood either why anyone would want people to think such negative thoughts either. It's always a mystery what people will do to get on TV. Always thought she was making a big mistake by being part of it because it's only going to come back to bite her. Always felt that her daughters will end up paying for it.

But my point was Bravo chose to make almost the entire show centered around her -- Danielle this, Danielle that -- they had nothing else to turn to. Danielle is 100% Danielle -- immaterial how she got that way -- it was BRAVO that was shoving it down our throats constantly -- same thing week after week after week -- except last week when we were all entertained and thrilled to watch 20 loud, noisy, trashy gavones on a cruise. Certainly not my idea of entertainment.

+ Reply to Thread