+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;4020258;
    Um, I'm pretty sure other posters have linked her actual bankruptcy filing. I don't think the debt is exaggerated or false. It's all public record and easily found with a quick search online or through this thread. Theresa and Joe have clearly been living out of their means and there is no way I would ever feel sorry for them. I live within my means and a lot of the times (since I've been a full time student) means that I don't get everything I want. I live off a budget and know what I'm allowed to spend. I don't understand why that concept is so tough for Theresa and Joe to follow.
    Um, obviously the debt, in numbers, and the legal documents have not been exaggerated. But there are stories everywhere, and I'm sure some of them have been exaggerated, the claims about them that people have been making, they could easily be exaggerated. And I'm sure they are. It's just a fact of life that when there's a scandal, there will be people coming out to add to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4020387;
    Poppy - Oh yeah, she's doing it badly because she's not very smart. But it's not human nature to just ride it out. When someone's world is collapsing they scramble to try to hold onto it, and keep it together. It's just what we do.

I don't have a problem with her doing damage control. What offends me is the cover-up, that she's not doing it well. It's insulting to our intelligence lol!
    ITA, tears!

This blaming their financial demise on Juicy not telling her is lame. Sounds like Lynne Curtin from OC Wives ... "I didn't know anything, Joe kept it all from me" ... but what is the point of THAT ... now she knows BUT she appears to me after watching The View ... that Teresa is in denial ... or a really good liar.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4020420;
    ITA, tears!

This blaming their financial demise on Juicy not telling her is lame. Sounds like Lynne Curtin from OC Wives ... "I didn't know anything, Joe kept it all from me" ... but what is the point of THAT ... now she knows BUT she appears to me after watching The View ... that Teresa is in denial ... or a really good liar.
    Poor liar!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4020392;
    Um, obviously the debt, in numbers, and the legal documents have not been exaggerated. But there are stories everywhere, and I'm sure some of them have been exaggerated, the claims about them that people have been making, they could easily be exaggerated. And I'm sure they are. It's just a fact of life that when there's a scandal, there will be people coming out to add to it.
    I don't doubt that. Your post just made it sound like the debt had been grossly exaggerated, which is hard to do when the numbers are available to all. There are going to be stories, but ultimately, these people are $11 million in debt and probably most of the stories are close to the truth. You don't go $11 million into debt without screwing a lot of people over.

I used to like Theresa during the first season, but this season she is seriously irritating and is clearly not very bright. It disgusts me to watch the show and see the lavish spending knowing the kind of debt these people are in. Yet, I continue to watch because I can't help myself.

FORT Fanatic

Okay Danielle listening in on her daughters OB GYN appointment was awful and embarrassing to watch. Just no. That shouldn't have been filmed and Danielle should not have been in the room with Christine. Just no.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, per Teresa, the debt is greatly exaggerated.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

That was the worst thing I have ever seen on TV. I cannot believe Danielle did that to Christine. That is horrifying. It's such a violation of Christine's privacy I can't even begin to describe how horrified I am.

How old is Christine? I'm pretty sure she has a right to have her mother leave the room, because you don't have to be 18 for doctor/patient confidentiality to take effect. I'm pretty sure the doctor can't tell your parents anything unless you're sick.

And by the way, yes, Christenings are a huge deal in Italian families. Mine was a huuuge party. In my grandparents backyard. A barbecue. We all got dressed up and had a lovely ceremony in a church and then a fabulous, inexpensive (as parties go) low-key party. Where everyone had fun and passed me around like I was the only baby in the world, or so I'm told. And all the family Christenings I've been to since have been the same way. I'm really sick of Teresa saying "it's because I'm Italian." It's ridiculous.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4021106;
    That was the worst thing I have ever seen on TV. I cannot believe Danielle did that to Christine. That is horrifying. It's such a violation of Christine's privacy I can't even begin to describe how horrified I am.

How old is Christine? I'm pretty sure she has a right to have her mother leave the room, because you don't have to be 18 for doctor/patient confidentiality to take effect. I'm pretty sure the doctor can't tell your parents anything unless you're sick.

And by the way, yes, Christenings are a huge deal in Italian families. Mine was a huuuge party. In my grandparents backyard. A barbecue. We all got dressed up and had a lovely ceremony in a church and then a fabulous, inexpensive (as parties go) low-key party. Where everyone had fun and passed me around like I was the only baby in the world, or so I'm told. And all the family Christenings I've been to since have been the same way. I'm really sick of Teresa saying "it's because I'm Italian." It's ridiculous.
    Christine is 16. And really Danielle ruined what would have been a very smart and detailed conversation between Christine and her daughter. I know when I was that 16/17/18 I told my doctors things that I wouldn't tell my parents because I knew (well THOUGHT) I could trust them and that they would educate me and not JUDGE ME! But instead of the doctor teaching Christine about safe sex (which at 16 is pretty late in the game anyway...) we have Danielle screaming not to have sex at all. Yeah. Okay.

FORT Fogey

Yeah. That entire thing was pretty much as effective as the "Sex Ed" scene in Mean Girls: "Don't have sex. If you have sex, you will get pregnant. And die."

I must have missed something in Danielle's conversation with her daughters. How did it go from being Kim G. to Teresa?

FORT Fogey

Wow. I never thought I would say this, but in the conversation between Kim and Danielle, Danielle was absolutely right.

+ Reply to Thread