+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2728Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4020060;
    I did, too. You all probably know I don't have a high opinion of the Giudices, but this interview did not have to be as ruthless as it was. They could have gotten the info they needed without the abject humiliation. They seemed to be enjoying it, especially Bryant. Can anyone tell me what he's doing on The View? Dealing with him, plus Joy, had to have been like a bad dream.
    It was pretty ruthless.
    I probably like the Guidices better than you do, but I just don't think hosts need to treat their guests as awful as she was treated.

Apart from that grilling, I actually enjoyed Bryant and Mario on the show.
    There wasn't the amount of creeching that there usually is.
    That's why I was so disappointed with the Teresa segment.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I think it's beyond damage control for book sales... this kind of public humiliation has to be taking a toll on her daughters. What else is she going to do but try to minimize it?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4020168;
    I think it's beyond damage control for book sales... this kind of public humiliation has to be taking a toll on her daughters. What else is she going to do but try to minimize it?
    Two words: hush up
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Mm maybe. But can you imagine if it was you? For every one of our comments here, there are ten other comments on other message boards, web stories true and false, gossip in your community, your children's friends making comments, I mean come on. Could anyone here honestly say that they would be able to take that and not take an opportunity to do some damage control in the face of story after story? Or would you try to take an opportunity to stop some of it, and set some of it straight?

I have no doubt that, while her debt is huge, and it was acquired due to irresponsibility, some if it has been exaggerated, some of these claims are false, because that's what happens. There's their side, the other side, and the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4020221;
    Mm maybe. But can you imagine if it was you? For every one of our comments here, there are ten other comments on other message boards, web stories true and false, gossip in your community, your children's friends making comments, I mean come on. Could anyone here honestly say that they would be able to take that and not take an opportunity to do some damage control in the face of story after story? Or would you try to take an opportunity to stop some of it, and set some of it straight?

I have no doubt that, while her debt is huge, and it was acquired due to irresponsibility, some if it has been exaggerated, some of these claims are false, because that's what happens. There's their side, the other side, and the truth.
    A wiser woman would simply ride it out. Teresa, being Teresa, only makes things worse with her attitude, misstatements, and (dare I say) outright lies. Someone should rein her in until the bankruptcy is discharged. That's really all anyone wants to talk to her about, and she doesn't have the subtlety and humility necessary to walk that fine line between admission with dignity and defensiveness - at least not without lying. Her typical defense seems to be calling everyone who doesn't think she's FABULOUS a "hater."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4020221;
    Um, I'm pretty sure other posters have linked her actual bankruptcy filing. I don't think the debt is exaggerated or false. It's all public record and easily found with a quick search online or through this thread. Theresa and Joe have clearly been living out of their means and there is no way I would ever feel sorry for them. I live within my means and a lot of the times (since I've been a full time student) means that I don't get everything I want. I live off a budget and know what I'm allowed to spend. I don't understand why that concept is so tough for Theresa and Joe to follow.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4019850;
    She was also asked about DWTS, but I didn't hear her answer, I just heard Joy say the money could help you with the debt. When they returned from commercial Brian Gumbel said,"you think she was ready to get out of here?'.

Later today I saw a tanning commercial she's appearing in, looks like too little too late.
    About DWTS, I don't remember her specific response, but she neither confirmed nor denied. I actually kind of felt sorry for her on The View. They really laid into her immediately. I had the impression she had been carefully coached, probably by her lawyer and other handlers, how to respond to the questions she would no doubt be asked. Her answers were like she was just repeating what she had been told to say, and when questioned further, she was all hemming and hawing, looking confused and couldn't elaborate. The woman is just not the brightest bulb in the pack, and it was sort of like watching a weakling being ganged up on by heavyweights. I know she got herself into this situation either through ignorance or whatever, but still it was hard to watch her being clobbered like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4020295;
    it was sort of like watching a weakling being ganged up on by heavyweights. I know she got herself into this situation either through ignorance or whatever, but still it was hard to watch her being clobbered like that.
    Exactly. They were shooting fish in a barrel (and enjoying it).

FORT Fogey

I still want to know what the house in Paterson looked like. Danielle brought it up at the country club showdown. I wonder if it was a pit.

FORT Fogey

Poppy - Oh yeah, she's doing it badly because she's not very smart. But it's not human nature to just ride it out. When someone's world is collapsing they scramble to try to hold onto it, and keep it together. It's just what we do.

I don't have a problem with her doing damage control. What offends me is the cover-up, that she's not doing it well. It's insulting to our intelligence lol!
    Last edited by tears.and.rain; 08-02-2010 at 07:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread