+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3419Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4016863;
    What the 'Housewives of New Jersey' Really Earn | PopEater.com

They don't make much! And it's "per episode."
    I never thought it would be that low. I assumed somewhere in the 5 figures at least. I wonder if they get enough free perks to make up for it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4017556;
    Makes you wonder if Teresa knew they were in money trouble way back when she signed on.
    The June 28th issue of People has an interview with the Giudices that is pretty interesting. In it we learn that, yes indeed, Joe is a slumlord (who frequently let the water and heat be cut off in his buildings) and that Teresa did pay $120K cash in the furniture store episode. The store owner said that normally she'd pay by check and that she also opened lines of credit in her parents' names to pay for furnishing her cheese festival McMansion. We also learn that both the Giudices and the store were audited by the IRS following that episode.

Reading between the lines, I infer that Teresa didn't have a clue up until the time she had to stop decorating (after completing only 4 rooms). I would guess that she could read the writing on the wall when all of her credit cards were cancelled, and the banks (and stores) brought suit against her for what was owed them.

By and large, my impression is that he's a crook and she's a moron. And that's probably never going to change
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Wow. Thanks for the briefing. I wonder what her parents do or did. Can you imagine having your parents pay for all of the furniture in a mansion you can't even afford? And now it all gets sold a few short months later. Incredible. He's probably a crook and a moron. She can share that title with him. And the sad thing is, he seems so over Teresa. I don't pity Teresa much, but in that sense, I feel sorry for her. She seems wild about Joe, and he seems like he can't wait to leave any room she's in.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My vote is that Teresa has selective ignorance. A serious case of "don't ask/don't tell", but not in the sexual sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4016968;
    I doubt the housewives are getting screwed in terms of money because they already have a lot, or at least that was the pretense that was given when they signed on for the show. .
    I think the RHNJ would do it for nothing. Lots of free high-profile rides on everything from jewelry, clothing, travel, parties, to nationwide exposure. Fame, even at the expense of self respect, takes top billing for all the RHs.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Yeah. Some of them have gotten more out of the freeloading than others though. Teresa immediately comes to mind. They went to Atlantic City last year, she's gotten 2 huge parties this year. The other ladies really haven't gotten as much, materialistically.

FORT Fan

It's hard to quantify in money terms all the back-room back-scratching that gets done when you're a Bravo cast member. I'm guessing that Christine got her photos taken by Gilles Bensimon for her fashion spread because of the Bravo contact. They were magnificent. She probably also got in the door at Ford because of Bravo, (although Ford is usually smart enough to snap up a talent.)

Same with Bethenny being on the cover of that ditzy society mag in the Hamptons and her Peta "spread." I'm pretty sure Kelley would have not been replayboyed but for the show, but who knows. Then there's the charity circuit, which is more than willing to prostitute itself in reality-land for the opportunity to reach new donors. This gives these women access to things like exclusive dinners for their friends at Saks, and gee, maybe even a few seconds of tv exposure for themselves! This is their currency. And a mention on Page 6 or People is a jackpot. One in the New York Times is the holy grail.

For these women, the opportunity for exposure (of all kinds) is simply worth the price of admissions. They all have their products to sell, from real estate to insurance to books to jewelry to cosmetics, and they need traffic and publicity to do so. The part some of them seem to have forgotten is that they also have to be likeable for people to buy their products.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4017975;
    Wow. Thanks for the briefing. I wonder what her parents do or did. Can you imagine having your parents pay for all of the furniture in a mansion you can't even afford? And now it all gets sold a few short months later. Incredible. He's probably a crook and a moron. She can share that title with him. And the sad thing is, he seems so over Teresa. I don't pity Teresa much, but in that sense, I feel sorry for her. She seems wild about Joe, and he seems like he can't wait to leave any room she's in.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Joe was having an affair. She definitely seems more attracted to him that he is to her. Some of her actions do seem desperate, as though she is trying to get him interested in her again. It is really sad if true.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;4018896;
    It's hard to quantify in money terms all the back-room back-scratching that gets done when you're a Bravo cast member. I'm guessing that Christine got her photos taken by Gilles Bensimon for her fashion spread because of the Bravo contact. They were magnificent. She probably also got in the door at Ford because of Bravo, (although Ford is usually smart enough to snap up a talent.)
    The story is that an exec from IMG (world's top rated model management agency - home of Kate Moss, Giselle Bundchen, Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, etc.) saw Christine on the show and called her mom. He was quoted in an interview saying that IMG would have signed Christine if she was spotted on the street. They see major potential in her. Also, the work they get is only in top fashion (runway and print), as well as TV and movies. Dakota Fanning is also one of their "models in development." They use only top professional photographers for portfolios.

I am betting she'll be getting more than the standard "15 minutes" from her exposure on Bravo. She doesn't have a contract with Bravo because she's a child. A Bravo "prop." Clearly, she wouldn't have had this opportunity if her mom wasn't a cast member on RHoNJ.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

The story is that an exec from IMG (world's top rated model management agency -
    That would seem a little more believable if her first photo-shoot wasn't the main focus of that episode, or if any other photographer had done the session. As it is, even though she's very model-y, she might never have been plucked from obscurity if not for the show. She's one of those rare people who actually photographs better than she looks.

+ Reply to Thread