+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3274Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4014155;
    Actually, what you see on Hollywood Blvd or Melrose is mostly goths, pierced and tattooed young people, with a style all their own. Not a place to find well dressed people. But So Cal does have stores w/high end designer clothes/jewelry so the Orange County housewives wear tacky, embellished clothes to attract sexual attention only or "look at me" over the top clothes. Ladies with money and class here basically wear classic style clothes, particularly nice dark jeans, classic white shirts, basic tees and mostly cashmere cardigans, all very understated. Their wealth can be discerned by the elegant, expensive but casual, shoes, handbags and the perfect cut of their clothes. Jewelry is usually discreet but the real thing, possibly one super duper diamond ring or studs and an expensive basic watch. Almost always an expensive haircut or highlights, well groomed manis and pedis. The Real Money is always subtle. Just think the opposite of RHOC or RHOA.

Have been here all my life.
    I'm not talking about the goths or the tatted or others. They dress way better than the OC ladies.
    When people refer to Hollywood Blvd. they're referring to the "ladies of the night."
    And, most of those "ladies" dress more fashionably than the OC hoo*er looking ladies.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4013711;
    I think Ashley, actually, would benefit from living at home... with exceptionally strict rules. I think she needs to start out with little freedom and few privileges, have things expected of her and chores to do, and gradually, as she becomes more responsible, get more freedom.
    Ashley will be 20 soon, and it's too little/too late to impose rules and restrictions on her. I think she would learn discipline and respect for others if she had roommates she had to get along with - people you have to be responsible with and to.

dShe seems to convey a certain kind of contempt for her mom's and step-dad's avice and rules. Ashley would lose that attitude the first time she got kicked out of a house/apt. by her roommates. She seems to need to learn the hard way - at least on TV.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

That's true. It would have worked when she was younger. Some people just need to learn hard lessons the hard way.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like when people learn "the hard way". That way, they will never forget the lesson....or they'll do it over and over again until they learn!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I just got around to reading the blogs from Monday's episode, and Teresa finally addressed the bankruptcy. She claims that this came about from bad real estate investments, not overspending. Can that possibly be true? I mean, all of our feelings about Teresa and all of our assumptions and gut feelings aside, is it feasible that this debt could have come from bad investments?

Also, reading Ashley's blog, she claims she's learned a lot from watching the season, and in spite of myself, I believe her. She said commenting on twitter and facebook is her way of venting, and sadly, this is true for a lot of people, girls Ashley's age especially. She claims that watching the season is dredging up old feelings of anger, and I can relate to that.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4015931;
    I just got around to reading the blogs from Monday's episode, and Teresa finally addressed the bankruptcy. She claims that this came about from bad real estate investments, not overspending. Can that possibly be true? I mean, all of our feelings about Teresa and all of our assumptions and gut feelings aside, is it feasible that this debt could have come from bad investments?.
    According to their petition and its amendments, only a little over half their debt (5.6 million) is related to failed investments. The rest of that 11 million is bills they didn't pay. Scary. Personal debts, not business ones. And this is a personal bankruptcy, not a "business" one.

Her blog sounds like her lawyer wrote it. I really cracked up when she compared herself to people like Walt Disney.

The premise of her explanation is hysterical, too. "Building a Better America, One Bankruptcy at a Time."

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4015931;
    Also, reading Ashley's blog, she claims she's learned a lot from watching the season, and in spite of myself, I believe her. She said commenting on twitter and facebook is her way of venting, and sadly, this is true for a lot of people, girls Ashley's age especially. She claims that watching the season is dredging up old feelings of anger, and I can relate to that.
    She blames all the hatred spewed on Facebook on her "friends" there. She, however, writes some truly hateful stuff there, too. Her Twitter account is a bit tamer, but she has spewed hate there, too. I would not call this "venting." I would call it hate mongering.

She also blogged that, while Christine is a beautiful girl, it's too bad she has her mother's personality. I think she's very jealous of her. The Formspring page she had to take down was pure libel. Ashley's like an onion: endless layers of problems.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4015252;
    Have been here all my life.
    I'm not talking about the goths or the tatted or others. They dress way better than the OC ladies.
    When people refer to Hollywood Blvd. they're referring to the "ladies of the night."
    And, most of those "ladies" dress more fashionably than the OC hoo*er looking ladies.
    man oh man, that's what I don't like about the written word.
    I never once went to "ladies of the night," in my head, when I read that. I was taking it literally.
    I'm a native too altho for 64 yrs but I'd never heard anyone making references to Hollywood Blvd/ladies so that's prob why. Thanks for explaining.

Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I just got around to reading the blogs from Monday's episode, and Teresa finally addressed the bankruptcy. She claims that this came about from bad real estate investments, not overspending. Can that possibly be true? I mean, all of our feelings about Teresa and all of our assumptions and gut feelings aside, is it feasible that this debt could have come from bad investments?.

According to their petition and its amendments, only a little over half their debt (5.6 million) is related to failed investments. The rest of that 11 million is bills they didn't pay. Scary. Personal debts, not business ones. And this is a personal bankruptcy, not a "business" one

This is what I know. My husband's family all own residential and commercial properties, called "investments." When those properties are doing well, each investor gets a disbursement check, usually each month, depending on the % of investment and sometimes, in addition, a really big one-time check. Some people live on this money alone. But the amount can and will vary each month. If a property isn't doing well, like in a bad economy (hello?) the disbursement checks are much smaller. If you continue to spend like you used to you'll end up in a lot of debt. I really think this is what happened to T & Juicy. They had it really good for awhile, thought it would continue and didn't pay attention to the drop in income and got way into debt. It would be easy to do since they seemed like they spent a lot without really paying attention to prices at all, like when T went shopping for furniture for the new house. She was like: I'll take 4 of those and 3 of those....."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4015581;
    I like when people learn "the hard way". That way, they will never forget the lesson....or they'll do it over and over again until they learn!
    I actually am a fan of learning the first time. It saves time and then you can move on to learning the next, bigger lesson. I'm a fan of the school of soft knocks.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4015988;

She also blogged that, while Christine is a beautiful girl, it's too bad she has her mother's personality. I think she's very jealous of her.

I can totally see where the bolded is true. I've never been very impressed by her personality and it has on occasion reminded me of Danielle.

Also, just because she is commenting on Christine does not mean she is jealous of her. She might just not like Christine. Sure, C has done some modeling gigs, she gets good grades in school (didn't you tell us you read about her grades in the local paper), and she's pretty. But Danielle is her mother, that in it of itself, is enough for anyone to pity Christine, not be jealous of her.

+ Reply to Thread