+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 791 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130530 ... LastLast
Like Tree3255Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Everyone has a past and she was 20 or 21 when this happened. I'm sure that most people are ashamed of something they did when they were young and stupid. I haven't heard of anything that she's done since that incident. Why are we so quick to judge something that happened so long ago.

I'm speaking from the point of view of a high school teacher who works with at-risk students. I've heard some horrific stories about their childhood that no one should have to be exposed to at such a young age or any age. Most of them don't know any better and quite frankly some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids. They act out, they're disrespectful, some are strippers and drug dealers and the list goes on.

Eventually, most them change and do the right thing but it takes a while to change. Does anyone know about her childhood? But on the other hand she could have had a great parents but strayed from her upbringing and did her own thing. It seems as though Dina and Caroline had a really close knit family growing up based on what they've said but everyone didn't have a charmed life.

It's amazing to me that Caroline and Dina would be so judgmental when there's been speculation about the death of their husband's dad murder being a mob hit and/or having connections to the mob. But I guess that's ok!

It seems to me that Laurie was looking for a man to rescue her as well and quite frankly I think that most of the housewives would look for a rich man if they divorced and lost everything. On the Real Housewives shows, most of the time it is the men who has the money and the careers to provide for their families.

It seems Danielle is the odd one because she's not married, she isn't working and she's not related to the women or have close relationships with them. But really if she wasn't on there, I think this show would be very boring.

FORT Fan

Did anyone else notice Danielle's bunions? They were worse than Lauri's!

And was anyone else offended by Danielle saying she wouldn't flirt with a personal trainer because he makes 25k per year? Yeah, right! I guess her 0k a year is better. Puh-lease!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by yput;3481216;
    Everyone has a past and she was 20 or 21 when this happened. I'm sure that most people are ashamed of something they did when they were young and stupid. I haven't heard of anything that she's done since that incident. Why are we so quick to judge something that happened so long ago.

I'm speaking from the point of view of a high school teacher who works with at-risk students. I've heard some horrific stories about their childhood that no one should have to be exposed to at such a young age or any age. Most of them don't know any better and quite frankly some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids. They act out, they're disrespectful, some are strippers and drug dealers and the list goes on.

Eventually, most them change and do the right thing but it takes a while to change. Does anyone know about her childhood? But on the other hand she could have had a great parents but strayed from her upbringing and did her own thing. It seems as though Dina and Caroline had a really close knit family growing up based on what they've said but everyone didn't have a charmed life.

It's amazing to me that Caroline and Dina would be so judgmental when there's been speculation about the death of their husband's dad murder being a mob hit and/or having connections to the mob. But I guess that's ok!

It seems to me that Laurie was looking for a man to rescue her as well and quite frankly I think that most of the housewives would look for a rich man if they divorced and lost everything. On the Real Housewives shows, most of the time it is the men who has the money and the careers to provide for their families.

It seems Danielle is the odd one because she's not married, she isn't working and she's not related to the women or have close relationships with them. But really if she wasn't on there, I think this show would be very boring.
    point blank period Danielle is a crazy woman, i would not let her in my life or around my children..All the other women are not crazy like her, and even if their family has so called mob connections what does that have to do with them?

But what was up with theresa's hat

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3481421;
    Did anyone else notice Danielle's bunions? They were worse than Lauri's!

And was anyone else offended by Danielle saying she wouldn't flirt with a personal trainer because he makes 25k per year? Yeah, right! I guess her 0k a year is better. Puh-lease!
    I got that! Danielle is flat-out crazy and I wouldn't let her anywhere near my family or my life....

FORT Fogey

I wonder if I Manzi are getting involved with 'group think,' i.e., alone they might have had a reasonable opinion (and everyone says it might not be true) but when they get together it feeds on itself and becomes quite lurid.

I thought the $25,000 comment was crass. And I think that paying for everything in huge wads of cash is strange.

I kept wondering too - how cold is that stone palace going to be in winter, and how long before the graceless outside (not beautiful, just big) starts to look like an east European Gypsy palace? It's got every element that one sees in the houses of the nouveau riches of Romania or Bulgaria - fake turrets, exaggerated size and clumsy pastiche references to "baronial" design elements. I kept thinking that it was a "screw you" in stone to all the nobility of Sicily who used to look down on Joe and Theresa's ancestors, an ultimately tragic flinging in the face of the ancestral seigneur the success of the new world, a loud statement that "We've made it but we'll never feel as good as you" that just makes one sad.

FORT Fogey

Do we know what Caroline's, Theresa's, Dina's, and Jacqueline's husbands do for a living? Is Dina divorced, or does her husband just not want to be on the show? I couldn't figure out why he was not there to take his daughter to Cyprus, instead of her having to travel there alone. Maybe there was an explanation that i didn't catch. I tend to "zone out" on shows that start at 10 p.m.

its my understanding the dad is her ex, cuz in her Bravo blog she talked about moving in with Caroline after a divorce...not so sure about her current hubby tho.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by yput;3481216;

Eventually, most them change and do the right thing but it takes a while to change.
    You are right in that everyone has a past and I'm normally one to champion the underdog. But in Danielle's case she has too many current issues in addition to her past. I really dislike the kind of mother she is to her girls. She uses them in whatever capacity seems to suit her in the moment. She has this huge house, but no visible means of support nor appears to be making a genuine effort to take care of her family in an honorable way. Danielle is the looking to take the easy way out in looking for another Mr. Moneybags.

Her crying scene last night with her friend struck me as very calculated. Her scenes with Jacqueline are very manipulative and fake. The overtly agressive dancing for whatever her reasons were out of place. We never have heard exactly what the feud is between Danielle and Dina. So IMO Danielle hasn't changed much in the 25 odd years since the events of the book. Still a wolf in different clothing.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Newbie

Danielle addresses the “Cop Without a Badge” rumors in her blog as well. “I did not kidnap anyone. I am not a prostitute,” she writes.
    The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Blogs - Danielle Staub - Past Imperfect - Bravo TV Official Site
    There's also a photo recap of the episode here:
    The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Photos - Red & Black and Read All Over - Bravo TV Official Site
    And the clip where Danielle comes clean about it all to Jacqueline is here:
    The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Videos - Danielle Explains It All - Bravo TV Official Site

FORT Fanatic

My problem with Danielle was the fact that she said she didn't want her children to know,(or something to that point), but it's okay for them to know she sleeps around, has a guy come over for blow jobs.

As a parent, I would rather my kids know what I use to be, not what I am now.

+ Reply to Thread