+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2665Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Kiz

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4001473;
    Geez, everything down to the toaster, coffee maker, towels, baby's crib, kids' toys. What are they going to do? ... live with family? ... parents and 4 kids including an infant crammed into a spare room? I wonder how much Teresa really knew. She's not the brightest bulb in the pack. Apparently neither is Joe, for that matter, but I have to believe he knew what he was doing more than Teresa did. She seems the type who just relies on a husband to take care of financial matters, while she pops out kids and goes shopping.

Kiz, would you mind pointing out where the posts are regarding the auction that you mentioned? I didn't see any posts on the auction pages. Thanks!
    The auction catalog? From your post, it sounds like you found it. Just in case though, here's the direct link:

http://www.ajwillnerauctions.com/auc...0INVENTORY.pdf

When I first clicked on the auction page, and I saw the items listed, I didn't think they were getting off too bad. Then, I saw the link to the auction catalog, and hoo boy, I can't imagine there's going to be much left in their manse of marble and onyx except an echo.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;4001504;
    The auction catalog? From your post, it sounds like you found it. Just in case though, here's the direct link:

http://www.ajwillnerauctions.com/auc...0INVENTORY.pdf

When I first clicked on the auction page, and I saw the items listed, I didn't think they were getting off too bad. Then, I saw the link to the auction catalog, and hoo boy, I can't imagine there's going to be much left in their manse of marble and onyx except an echo.
    I was referring to this part of your post: "I just noticed all the Wow exclamations, mine included, in the posts regarding the auction. :o"]

But now I think maybe you were referring to the posts here in this thread? I at first thought it referred to posts on the auction website. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks.

Okay, so I guess they get to keep the marble monstrosity. How are they going to live in it with no stove, no furniture, no nothing? Wouldn't it be better to sell it and use the money to get further out of debt? Then figure out where/how they're going to live.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 07-24-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4001519;
    I was referring to this part of your post: "I just noticed all the Wow exclamations, mine included, in the posts regarding the auction. :o"]

But now I think maybe you were referring to the posts here in this thread? I at first thought it referred to posts on the auction website. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks.

Okay, so I guess they get to keep the marble monstrosity. How are they going to live in it with no stove, no furniture, no nothing? Wouldn't it be better to sell it and use the money to get further out of debt? Then figure out where/how they're going to live.
    Oh, yep, you're right, it was the posts on this board I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion. After I re-read my post, and the others before mine, I thought it was funny that we all responded with Wow.

But honestly, WOW! That's some kind comprehensive list.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;4001451;
    As much as I dislike her, I kind of feel bad too. I shouldn't. I don't feel bad over the loss of their possessions, just the public humiliation of it all.
    Me too. I really feel bad for their little girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4001519;

I am not sure how they can get the marble monstrosity sold. Who would want that on their hands? It is as bad as the house I drove by when going to the beach when I lived in Florida. This man made his house and yard a big homage to his dog--it comes complete with a gigantic concrete monument of his dog that takes up a good chunk of the front yard. Needless to say, I have been going back for several years and he is still trying to sell it. I really can't bring myself to feel sorry for them. They deserve all the humiliation they can get. I only feel sorry for the 4 children who are dragged into this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;4001562;
    I am not sure how they can get the marble monstrosity sold. Who would want that on their hands? It is as bad as the house I drove by when going to the beach when I lived in Florida. This man made his house and yard a big homage to his dog--it comes complete with a gigantic concrete monument of his dog that takes up a good chunk of the front yard. Needless to say, I have been going back for several years and he is still trying to sell it. I really can't bring myself to feel sorry for them. They deserve all the humiliation they can get. I only feel sorry for the 4 children who are dragged into this.
    Maybe Kim G would buy it. She seems to have more money than she knows what to do with (what's the story with that, I wonder. Is there a MR. Kim G?), and exhibits pretty poor taste. That house she lives in now looks even more gigantic then the marble mausoleum. feel sorry for the kids, too. The littler ones can probably adjust, but Gia will no doubt throw fits. Hopefully Juicy has a Plan B for taking care of his family.

FORT Fogey

Example of some of the things to be sold:

Schaefer & Sons Grand Piano Wolf
    48" Stainless Steel Gas Range
    1080 Pure 42" LCD Television
    Chippendale Style Arm Chair & Pair of Oversized Candle Sticks
    Pair of Shell Leaf Carved Crest Leather & Fabric Sofas
    Round Pine Kitchen Table & 8 Upholstered Tudor Style Chairs
    Four Section Center Seating Group
    6' Ceramic Satsuma Temple Urn
    Large Gilt Frame Wall Mirror
    Greek Revival Style Round Occassional Tables
    Demi Lune Scrolled Base Table
    Decorative Fireplace Accessories
    Panasonic Viera Oversized LCD Television
    Dark Finish King Size Bedroom Set
    Oversized Wall Mirror & Kidney Shaped Vanity Table
    Love Seat, Upholstered Arm Chairs & Area Rug
    Credenza, Mirror & Decorative Items
    Connelly Antique Style Pool Table
    Mahogany Poker Table & Chairs
    Mahogany Home Bar & Stools
    Faux Marble Chess Set

They have a grand piano, and I'm willing to bet not a one of them plays. They're also taking her gas range.

FORT Fogey

I think it's crap that they're taking her stove! Unless she has another one.... some people have two. My mom always talks about getting a bigger kitchen so we can have a double oven. Some of this stuff though is ridiculous. Like the chess set. It's clear a lot of it was just to look expensive and classy. But they shouldn't get to take basics, IMO.

And I agree, I don't feel bad for the pair of them, because they made it happen. But their girls are just innocent parties. And I think the retribution and financial ruin should be enough, the public humiliation I'm not a fan of.

FORT Fogey

I'm still not convinced that Teresa knew exactly what was going on. She seems like the type who lets hubby handle all that complicated "money stuff," but of course she could have asked if she wanted to know (although I can't see Juicy explaining it to her, or her being able to comprehend). I hate that the auction seems to include the girls' toys, too, and not just the big things ... seems the list includes toys in general.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, I agree that it's quite possible that she had no idea how bad it was. And she's not going to say anything because she wants to stand by her husband, and even if she did know it wasn't great, she probably wanted to protect her girls from the anxiety of money troubles and keep up their lifestyle.

But, then again, it's the 21st century, and therefor a woman's responsibility too.

+ Reply to Thread