+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3300Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I think it was in Teresa's Bravo blog at the time. She said Bravo had her show all the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3997626;
    That was true a long time ago. Nowadays, the only thing illegal about photographing or filming currency would lie in your intent: are you doing it for a legal purpose? In the age of photocopiers and scanners, minting has become a real science. It is very, very difficult to perfectly duplicate US currency now. Taking a photo of it won't help you do it anymore.
    The gov't seems to view it differently.
    United States Secret Service: Know Your Money - Counterfeit Awareness
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3997988;
    Thank you for posting and illustrating the point:

"Motion picture films, microfilms, videotapes, and slides of paper currency, securities, and other obligations may be made in color or black and white for projection or telecasting. No prints may be made from these unless they conform to the size and color restrictions. " This is from the site you reference.

This also is a reiteration of the US Treasury guidelines. Photographing and filming of currency is allowed. It didn't used to be.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-22-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3997619;
    Wait....we are referring to the wads of cash that T has brought out when furniture shopping and clothes shopping right?
    Yes, or at least that's what I was referring to. It was pretty early in the series and she was buying all that furniture. I can still see her peeling off the money like she was a Vegas dealer.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Kiz

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Teresa's new breasts were stuffed with wads of cash. Papa bought the pizzeria.

There’s more financial trouble brewing for The Real Housewives of New Jersey‘s Teresa Giudice.

Last October, Teresa and her husband Joe filed for bankruptcy, listing almost $11 million in debt. Now, a trustee assigned to their bankruptcy case is alleging that the pair concealed financial records.

John Sywilok, whose responsibility as a trustee is to round up the Giudices’ assets and distribute the proceeds to creditors, claims in court documents dated June 30 that the couple failed to list profits from several business, including Teresa’s clothing line TG Fabulicious LLC, a pizza parlor (which was shown in an episode of Real Housewives) and her cookbook, Skinny Italian, which he claims was written prior to the bankruptcy filing.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the Giudices are also accused of undervaluing luxury items listed as personal property in the bankruptcy filing, including a pool table ($1,000), wedding bands ($400) and living room furniture ($2,000). Sywilok wants to hold a public auction to sell the items inside their famous mansion in Towaco, N.J., the paper reports.

But an attorney for the Giudices, Jim Kridel, says things needn’t go that far, and he plans to object to the filing in court, saying they did not hide sources of income. “The contract for Teresa’s book was signed after the bankruptcy petition was filed, and all money was received post petition,” he says, adding that the law allows the Giudices to freely spend money earned after they filed for bankruptcy.

“If she knew the recipes, it doesn’t take four years to write a cook book,” he says. “It’s not a Mary Higgins Clark novel.” (insert...ROFL)

As for the pizzeria, it is owned by Joe’s father, Kridel says, and therefore should never have been considered an asset at the time of the filing.
    Kridel also points out that auctioning personal property may not yield much money to be divided up among creditors. “You can’t sell used, personal property for the sticker price,” he says. “A $5,000 chandelier won’t sell for $5,000. Nobody will buy a used mattress. The real issue in bankruptcy is, what’s the value of everything? And at the time of the bankruptcy, these things didn’t have any value.”

A hearing on the matter has yet to be scheduled.

Giudice couldn’t immediately be reached for comment. –Charlotte Triggs
    Will Teresa Giudice Have to Auction Her Pool Table to Pay Bills? - PEOPLE TV Watch
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Here's the Trustee's Complaint against the Giudices.

Desperate Housewife? - July 15, 2010
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I really truly don't think it should go as far as their things being auctioned off inside their home. I thought they only did that in movies? I'm not concerned for Teresa and Juicy Joe at all, but there are four little girls involved... at least one of whom is old enough to feel the shame of this.

I wish, if they're going to show the kids, they would show them just doing things more. I remember in one of the first episodes it showed Teresa's younger daughter (Melania maybe?) getting ready for her first day of school ever, deciding to pack her own lunch and spilling snacks on the floor everywhere. I'd like to see more things like that and less of Danielle vs. Teresa. In all honesty, Teresa's the only one who doesn't have a viable complaint against her, or didn't in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3999600;
    I really truly don't think it should go as far as their things being auctioned off inside their home. I thought they only did that in movies? I'm not concerned for Teresa and Juicy Joe at all, but there are four little girls involved... at least one of whom is old enough to feel the shame of this.
    Gosh, how extremely mortifying and humiliating that would be for anyone to have their household things auctioned off! I have no sympathy for those who try and cheat the system but wow! how awful.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

It will be really interesting to see how this plays out. Her attorney has to answer the trustee's complaint and, in doing so, needs to deny all of the allegations dealing with false swearing. Not a surprise. Teresa's Twitter account is full of references to her and Juicy's "restaturant," referring to the pizzeria.

Auction or no auction, the Giudice kids would have to be feeling change in the air. Their parents no longer own a shore house. The boat will soon be gone. Mommy's on the road all the time selling her cookbook, and probably not spending much time promoting her oldest's career. This summer must feel different than any summer in Gia's short life.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes07;3997619;
    wait....we are referring to the wads of cash that t has brought out when furniture shopping and clothes shopping right?
    yes!!

+ Reply to Thread