+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2846Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3997012;
    Doesn't it seem like if you don't or can't pay your bills you should have to downgrade your life though? You shouldn't get to keep the fake mansion? I'm not saying toss your arse out on the street, but come on!
    I think there is a good possibility that the Giudices will not only lose their home, but everything else - including their new businesses. If they are found guilty of perjury, they will probably be denied the debt disharge relief they petitioned for. In other words, they will have to pay everyone they owe. Including all of the people who built their home. Many of them have not been paid. They could also be fined or sentenced to prison (thoughI think jail is unlikely). Their trustee has filed a suit against them, and the outcome is going to determine their future.

The problem with the house is that it would be difficult to sell. Who would want it? It's tacky cheese-fest that took them 3 years of credit juggling to build and the rear of the property abuts a 4-lane highway. It will be liened to the sky, and title cannot be transferred without satisfying the liens. It could just wind up empty for a long time, or be rented out. Neither the Giudices nor the bank holding the $1.7 million mortgage would be able to liquidate this asset promptly.

I think the auction scheduled for 8/22 will be held on their property - otherwise there would be hefty moving costs incurred. I doubt very much that the Giudices will be present for it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

So is Juicy Joe & his clan of mis-fits going to have to relocate to the pizzeria? Oh man ... priceless!

I was trying to catch bits & pieces of this show but we had some very nasty thunderstorms last night so I had to shut the TV off. (I have it on dvr).

I forgot, was it Ashley who made the "I respect the elderly" comment? I am 50 & I don't consider myself elderly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3997061;
    I think there is a good possibility that the Giudices will not only lose their home, but everything else - including their new businesses. If they are found guilty of perjury, they will probably be denied the debt disharge relief they petitioned for. In other words, they will have to pay everyone they owe. Including all of the people who built their home. Many of them have not been paid. They could also be fined or sentenced to prison (thoughI think jail is unlikely). Their trustee has filed a suit against them, and the outcome is going to determine their future.

The problem with the house is that it would be difficult to sell. Who would want it? It's tacky cheese-fest that took them 3 years of credit juggling to build and the rear of the property abuts a 4-lane highway. It will be liened to the sky, and title cannot be transferred without satisfying the liens. It could just wind up empty for a long time, or be rented out. Neither the Giudices nor the bank holding the $1.7 million mortgage would be able to liquidate this asset promptly.

I think the auction scheduled for 8/22 will be held on their property - otherwise there would be hefty moving costs incurred. I doubt very much that the Giudices will be present for it.
    I was also thinking in terms of Chris Laurita and his bankruptcy. Maybe the people his business owed money to are now out in the street because he couldn't pay his bills. And yet, he's still living a very affluent lifestyle.

Anyway. with the Giudice's I'm convinced their family is paying their mortgage now with the gift of $10,000 monthly. I don't see how they can even pay the electric bill on the place with Teresa's income now.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes07;3997087;
    omg!!! Too too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3997087;
    Tooooo funny! love it

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3996999;
    Me, too! I confess to feeling a malicious kind of pleasure (schadenfreude) over the Giudices' and Danielle's financial woes. It seems like a just come uppance for their phoniness and posturing. The Lauritas, though, I do feel sorry for and certainly hope they land on their feet - whether or not they remain "well to do."
    You're a better man than I......no sympathy from me for the Lauritas. Although I do like Chris, between Jacqueline and Ashley they're as nasty and mean as the rest -- Get rid of all of 'em.

Am curious why brother Joseph Laurita is estranged from Dina and Caroline. One of those things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3997240;
    You're a better man than I......no sympathy from me for the Lauritas. Although I do like Chris, between Jacqueline and Ashley they're as nasty and mean as the rest -- Get rid of all of 'em.

Am curious why brother Joseph Laurita is estranged from Dina and Caroline. One of those things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.
    In my view, the only HWs who fit that description are Danielle and Teresa. I don't see anything mean or nasty about Caroline and Jacqueline. Not saying they're perfect people ... who is? ... but basically they're pretty ordinary except for being wealthy (now or in the past), with the same problems as everyone else -- kids, petty squabbles, jealousies, business, aging, etc. I like Chris a lot; he seems to be reasonable and smart in the way he handles Ashley and all the craziness with Danielle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3997278;
    In my view, the only HWs who fit that description are Danielle and Teresa. I don't see anything mean or nasty about Caroline and Jacqueline. Not saying they're perfect people ... who is? ... but basically they're pretty ordinary except for being wealthy (now or in the past), with the same problems as everyone else -- kids, petty squabbles, jealousies, business, aging, etc. I like Chris a lot; he seems to be reasonable and smart in the way he handles Ashley and all the craziness with Danielle.
    I hear ya', but I don't care about the whole lot of them. As I said, I do like Chris separate and apart from Jacqueline and Ashley...........The nastiness and meanness and drama got way over the top and I find them all cut from the same cloth. Guess I'm just fed up with the entire show and hope they don't bring it back -- not with the current storyline. Just saying.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm thinking Teresa might be rocking an orange jumpsuit on the cover of her next paperback
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread