+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

An involuntary chapter 7 case may be commenced under certain circumstances by a petition filed by creditors holding claims against the debtor. 11 U.S.C. 303.

Chapter 7

It's when your business's creditors petition to force you into Chapter 7, so that your assets can be liquidated and the proceeds can be distributed to them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Ah, I see. That probably explains why they weren't wearing the hell out of those clothes on the show. They had to hand them all over for liquidation. I wonder how the Brownstone does in terms of business. Are they always booked?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3995825;
    An involuntary chapter 7 case may be commenced under certain circumstances by a petition filed by creditors holding claims against the debtor. 11 U.S.C. 303.

Chapter 7

It's when your business's creditors petition to force you into Chapter 7, so that your assets can be liquidated and the proceeds can be distributed to them.
    Just cornered one of the attorneys here for a quick response -- he gave me the "corporation" version (i.e., shareholders vs. creditors). Trying to get outta' here but this looks like an interesting topic (finally) -- thanks for the heads up Ubi. No time to check it out as to who owns what........

Now I'm curious what Jacqueline did in VIA LAS VEGAS (even though Vegas is great place to retire and it's not all what everyone thinks it is), more interesting if we can per her in the Vegas fast lane. Shame on me.

Having attended many functions at the Brownstone for the last 30 years; I can tell you the Brownstone has always done very well. It is pretty much "the venue" for many upscale events.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3995825;

Chapter 7

Just cornered one of the attorneys here for a quick response -- he gave me the "corporation" version (i.e., shareholders vs. creditors). Trying to get outta' here but this looks like an interesting topic (finally) -- thanks for the heads up Ubi. No time to check it out as to who owns what........

Now I'm curious what Jacqueline did in VIA LAS VEGAS (even though Vegas is great place to retire and it's not all what everyone thinks it is), more interesting if we can put her in the Vegas fast lane. Shame on me.

FORT Fogey

I was just browsing their website and it looks lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;3995853;
    Having attended many functions at the Brownstone for the last 30 years; I can tell you the Brownstone has always done very well. It is pretty much "the venue" for many upscale events.

I concur. We've had many family events at the Brownstone and it is wonderful.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3995774;
    Actually, Chirs Laurita's business is bankrupt, too.
    That's a shame. I really like him. But there's a difference between business bankruptcy and personal right?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3995758;
    Sarcasm not appreciated. No one is accusing anybody of anything.
    Your initial response was sarcastic, at least it reads pretty sarcastically, so if you don't want sarcasm then don't give sarcasm.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Now I'm curious what Jacqueline did in VIA LAS VEGAS (even though Vegas is great place to retire and it's not all what everyone thinks it is), more interesting if we can put her in the Vegas fast lane. Shame on me.
    I think I recall she blogged that she has some kind of cosmetology license. She waited tables, worked in retail sales, worked in salons, and was a "booth girl" at trade shows - which she referred to as modeling even while admitting it was stretching the definition She met Chris while she was booth-girling a car show.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread