+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2849Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3995362;
    Bethenny is intelligent
    This is probably the crux of her bashing.

'Joe is an entrepreneur......that's a person who owns businesses, right?'

FORT Fogey

Before Danielle came into the picture, these ladies probably bagged on each other. Remember how ticked off Jacqueline got at Dina? Remember how Jacqueline said (on first season reunion) that she hit Caroline.

FORT Fogey

Out of curiosity, I looked up Seton Hall's page on students with disabilities. I found it with one finger, so it wasn't hard or hidden or anything like that. There is a deadline of August 1 for students requiring accommodations, so there probably is one for each new semester. My guess is that Albie never bothered applying. Also, Albie took one less class than full-time students. So, he failed out with a lighter class load. I don't know if Albie is learning disabled or brought it up for the first time now since an apparent junior high diagnosis (excuse?), but, as lawyer's bill for their time, I wouldn't want to be billed more because Albie needs to read slower.

Oh, here's the Seton Hall page:

Seton Hall | Law - Disability Support and Accommodations

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3995084;
    I would hope we could all respect one another's opinions, whether we've come to the same conclusion or not. I don't think a dissenting opinion means someone "doesn't get it" but rather is proof that we're all individuals who have different backgrounds and life experiences that give us different viewpoints.
    It's only my OPINION that some people don't get it. That's not based on those with a different viewpoint. I wasn't referring to anyone or anything specifically. But since you brought it up, there are many posts on here who comment on another's opinion, but isn't that what this site is all about? Opinions, viewpoints, same thing. And it's still my "opinion" that, for example, the Ashley lovers who claim she did the right thing, "just don't get it." I see nothing wrong with that. And am sure the Ashley lovers feel they DO get it. My "doesn't get it" is not based on someone's "dissenting opinion." That's absurd.

I thrive on different opinions/discussions if done intelligently. Oftentimes one can change their stance on a certain subject because of someone else's opinion. However, I feel your post inferred something. No matter what we write here in no way means someone's opinions are not respected. If we all had the same opinion and came to exact conclusions, then it would be boring.

You mean to tell me that you've never used the term "doesn't get it" when it comes to certain situations in your life? Geesh, there's lots of times "I don't get it." Has nothing to do with someone's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3995299;
    Lately T's been bashing Bethenny and her baby. She criticized her for conceiving Bryn "out of wedlock" (what century is SHE living in?), and for losing the baby weight too fast! I think it kills her that Bethenny's on QVC selling her latest book while T. is road tripping the East coast trying to hawk hers. Not to mention Bethenny's got her own show now.
    I see she co-hosted The View yesterday. She really looked nervous but did fit in. Trust me, the only time I watch the View is when I DVR it to see something special. She twittered (or is it "tweeted"???) I'm sure the show could be interesting, but those 4 yentas all talking at the very same time is unbearable.

who said she was seeking a paycheck tho?

i am sure she's getting just what she wants - popularity and attention. she's a kid, she's super juiced on having thousands of twitter followers and what not, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3994190;
    In other words, she's getting the attention she's seeking, but not the paycheck? Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3995483;
    Opinions, viewpoints, same thing. And it's still my "opinion" that, for example, the Ashley lovers who claim she did the right thing, "just don't get it."
    Honest question, who here has said that Ashley did the the right thing? I thought we all agreed that what Ashely did was wrong but that some of us don't feel bad for Danielle?

do any of these kids get paid for being on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3994312;
    My view, on Ashley pulling the hair, is that she was standing in the crowd, saw Danielle getting the attention and she wanted some of it. She wasn't "defending" her mom. Sure, it sounds better to say that and Caroline can keep on saying it but IMO that's not the truth. Ashley has NEVER come off as truly caring about her mom (or stepdad). She's a total bore with no drive or personality! It's really sad to see ANOTHER one of these loser kids on these shows. Why are so many of the "Housewife Kids" not going to college and not trying to make something REAL out of their lives? The only good kids, on any of the shows, seem to be Jeana's and Vickie's daughters! Laurie's kids, AWFUL. Tammy's (remember her pit bull daughter and the one with all the make up) AWFUL. ETC,ETC seems to be par for the course. They're all looking for a magical shortcut to fame and success (moms and the kids). I have a 19 year old daughter and THE rule is: You go to college(or some kind of school) or you don't live here! Jackie and her husband were soooooooo worried about Ashley's curfew but how about making a rule that , for her to move back in, she had to get a job (why not the Brownstone) AND sign up for school!!!!! Just a thought! The ONLY intelligent thing that I've EVER heard Ashley say was that she knows that she ,really, isn't model material! I'm sooo glad that she can actually see that (maybe she isn't so dumb). On the other hand......... Danielle's daughter is so BEAUTIFUL! She reminds me of a very young Mariel Hemingway (only much prettier). Even with the beauty I would still tell that girl that she NEEDS, NEEDS, NEEDS to get an education. Why is this something that (most) of these wives seems to fail at?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3995505;
    who said she was seeking a paycheck tho?

i am sure she's getting just what she wants - popularity and attention. she's a kid, she's super juiced on having thousands of twitter followers and what not, lol.
    Exactly. I think, for Ashley, any attention is probably pay dirt to her whether it comes from Twitter, FB, FB discussions, or this message board. She's getting the attention she clearly thrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3995266;
    I am not echoing anything that the rest of the HW are saying about Danielle. My opinion that she is sociopath and a horrible mother is based on what SHE presents on TV. From the first episode of the first season I thought something was off with her and she has continued to reinforce that thought in my head with each episode.
    Huh? Not aware anyone saying you're echoing ..... I read Poppy's post to mean that many on TV, blogs, Facebook did that because it's a popular view. Am sure it didn't mean everyone. We all make our own decisions. Heck, I didn't like her from day one (then again, I don't wrap my head around all that stuff to take it as seriously as many), but as the show went on, I saw some redeeming things about her, and other places on the net, it just made me dislike her less -- forced me to look at the others and how out of wack they are. My opinion that when Poppy posted I agreed thinking that everybody got on the "I hate Danielle" bandwagon and disliked her so much that they simply dismissed what everyone else was doing.

I think she's a wackadoo also because I just don't get why she would expose herself (whether she's acting as a villain or not) to the extent it's gotten when her daughters have to face friends, etc., and pay with repercussions. But I do understand, many "celebrities" feel that ANY publicity is publicity. Go figure.

+ Reply to Thread