+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2708Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3994650;
    Actually, I was talking about her Twitter account which she posts to, personally, at least 12x a day

Even if I were so inclined, I couldn't post on her page since I haven't "liked" her there. I posted about her one time on a discussion group there, not TO her. And her "fans" still flood my newsfeed there. She, personally, probably never saw that comment.

Hope this clarifies the point for you.
    Yo Poppy: I rest my case.

I hope that Ashley's boyfriend can set a good example for her.
    He truly seemed quite disconcerted with her last night. He does seem to care about her, so I hope he can get her to see the light.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3994813;
    Amen. I make my own decisions and I go below the surface. I was never the one who goes with the crowd because it's popular. It's unfortunate some people just don't get it.
    I would hope we could all respect one another's opinions, whether we've come to the same conclusion or not. I don't think a dissenting opinion means someone "doesn't get it" but rather is proof that we're all individuals who have different backgrounds and life experiences that give us different viewpoints.
    Last edited by tears.and.rain; 07-21-2010 at 01:15 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3994935;
    I hope that Ashley's boyfriend can set a good example for her.
    He truly seemed quite disconcerted with her last night. He does seem to care about her, so I hope he can get her to see the light.
    I don't understand how Ashley can be surrounded by people who seem to be setting a good, or at least legal example for her and still be rotten. I think we're missing something from her, but I hope for her sake it's not revealed on camera and turned into Bravo's next storyline. She's barely old enough for this not to be exploitative as it is.

Personally, I'm finding myself more and more bored by these NJ Housewives. There's just not enough substances besides the Danielle feud and so much of that seems so contrived and staged. I'm finding Teresa extremely unlikable as time goes on. She's like an evil little viper with no redeeming virtues whatsoever. And I'm not just basing this opinion of the show alone but also her blogs about fellow castmates and other Housewives in different shows when she's a guest blogger.

I think Daniele wasn't too far off the mark in last night's episode when she said that Ashley tries very hard to fit into the Manzo/Laurita family that her mother married into. I've seen Twitter posts where she gushes because someone in the family calls her cousin. IMO she thought she would get props from the Manzis and be fully accepred by them.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3994813;
    Amen. I make my own decisions and I go below the surface. I was never the one who goes with the crowd because it's popular. It's unfortunate some people just don't get it.
    I am not echoing anything that the rest of the HW are saying about Danielle. My opinion that she is sociopath and a horrible mother is based on what SHE presents on TV. From the first episode of the first season I thought something was off with her and she has continued to reinforce that thought in my head with each episode.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 07-21-2010 at 08:00 AM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;3995221;
    Personally, I'm finding myself more and more bored by these NJ Housewives. There's just not enough substances besides the Danielle feud and so much of that seems so contrived and staged. I'm finding Teresa extremely unlikable as time goes on. She's like an evil little viper with no redeeming virtues whatsoever. And I'm not just basing this opinion of the show alone but also her blogs about fellow castmates and other Housewives in different shows when she's a guest blogger.
    Lately T's been bashing Bethenny and her baby. She criticized her for conceiving Bryn "out of wedlock" (what century is SHE living in?), and for losing the baby weight too fast! I think it kills her that Bethenny's on QVC selling her latest book while T. is road tripping the East coast trying to hawk hers. Not to mention Bethenny's got her own show now.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-21-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3995102;
    I don't understand how Ashley can be surrounded by people who seem to be setting a good, or at least legal example for her and still be rotten. I think we're missing something from her, but I hope for her sake it's not revealed on camera and turned into Bravo's next storyline. She's barely old enough for this not to be exploitative as it is.
    I haven't seen this week's episode so I can't comment 100% however I firmly believe thst Ashley has many well meaning, thoughtful & loving people around her.
    I believe that with Jacqueline being a single Mom during Ashley's babyhood she wasn't afforded many luxuries. Once Jacqueline met Chris I believe her financal outlook improved to the point where she vastly over-compsentated by plying Ashley with material goods she had been denied to that point in her life.
    Jacqueline married Chris when I believe Ashley was 12 or 13. That is when Ashley's maturity stopped growning. All she probably had to do was whine & she got what she wanted; what was denied to her as a young child & what was given so easily to C.J. now.
    It just seems Ashley doesn't comphrend that, as an adult, her actions carry a real consequence.
    What she needs is an education & a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3995299;
    Lately T's been bashing Bethenny and her baby. She criticized her for conceiving Bryn "out of wedlock" (what century is SHE living in?), and for losing the baby weight too fast! I think it kills her that Bethenny's on QVC selling her latest book while T. is road tripping the East coast trying to hawk hers. Not to mention Bethenny's got her own show now.
    Yea...like she & Juicy Joe didn't do "the nasty" before they were married
    Bethenny is intelligent, can stay on point in order to promote her product on QVC, & is generally, for the most part, genuine and likeable.
    Teresa...not so much. I doubt I could stay & watch a 30 minute spot with Teresa. The voice alone is drive me to put her on mute. I doubt she could stay on point towards selling her book without veering into Danielle gossip.

+ Reply to Thread