+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3994033;
    It's amazing how articulate Danielle is on many of her interviews -- she speaks very well and intelligently. Even the haters commented on that.
    I'm guessing that's because everything she says is so rehearsed.

i mean not to be funny at all, but aren't you and anyone else that follows her, posts abt her, etc. buying into it? aren't you furthering her quest for her 15 mins? i mean, you're giving it to her. so as far as i am concerned, she's not a failure at quite EVERYTHING, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3994022;
    Oh, dear. Which argument would that be?

Ashley has been insinuating herself into all this drama, on purpose, because she thinks it's her "15 minutes," in my opinion. And she might be right. I think all of her behavior is meant to provoke comment. I would include in that her Twitter and Facebook nonsense, which borders on maniacal, as well as the Formspring page she took down after libeling Christine Staub. She's completely transparent and pathetic. I follow her on Twitter, and I swear, she is nauseating in her fame crawl. She must post there every half hour. Her Facebook hate page draws in the dregs. She needs to get some actual life goals, other than her current mall job. To use her own jargon, she is "craptastic." I think she's truly a Kardashian wannabe, but doesn't have the face or the body to support that shallow aspiration. She seems desparate.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3994036;
    I don't disagree with any of that. At all. I'm just saying, I believe that Danielle contacted her first, and said she needed to lose weight, etc. And then Ashley reacted like the immature, rather unintelligent, attention seeking girl she is.

Danielle's not stupid. She knows which buttons to push. Now, since we are human beings and not elevators, buttons don't control our every move. Ashley and Teresa's behavior is not and should not be excused.
    I have to say that I do think they are both stupid, as in low watts, and for more reasons that I can state here. However, no matter who started what, and when it was started (which we do not and cannot know), Danielle is at fault for pursuing it. She's at least older, dumbass or not. She should have known better, given her life experience. She may have wanted to demean Ashley but, instead, she gave her a launching pad - even if all Ashley accomplishes is a stupendously craptastic crash landing.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-20-2010 at 08:19 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3994047;
    i mean not to be funny at all, but aren't you and anyone else that follows her, posts abt her, etc. buying into it? aren't you furthering her quest for her 15 mins? i mean, you're giving it to her. so as far as i am concerned, she's not a failure at quite EVERYTHING, lol.
    Not really, since people even follow convicts there. I do not ever post anything, I just listen. And she just keeps digging herself deeper and deeper into the realm of irrelevance - I find it fascinating.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-20-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Well, isn't that how lots of people get famous these days? I mean, truly, people are hunting notoriety, not so much fame. And the way this happens is that people find their outlandishness fascinating.

Just musing.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3994143;
    Well, isn't that how lots of people get famous these days? I mean, truly, people are hunting notoriety, not so much fame. And the way this happens is that people find their outlandishness fascinating.

Just musing.
    I totally get what you mean. However, Ashley's not getting the monetary payoff she wants. Gossip rags like OK! are not pursuing her, nor anyone else. The Internet outlets ignore her. No one's calling her up for photo shoots or quotes - not even The National Enquirer after she made the NJ police blotter. She's just not someone America wants to see a lot of There's no payday in sight, and that is what I think she's after.

FORT Fogey

In other words, she's getting the attention she's seeking, but not the paycheck? Yeah, I'd agree with that.

FORT Fogey

Agreed. Idle hands are the devil's playthings, no? I think that Chris and Jacqueline are doing everything they can with Ashley right now *except* saying "you MUST do something with your life." Even if it's to wait tables or work at the Brownstone. Lauren was doing that when it first started, and now she's gone to make-up artist school and has a skills set.

That's one thing I do like about the Manzos. They value hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3994126;
    Not really, since people even follow convicts there. I do not ever post anything, I just listen. And she just keeps digging herself deeper and deeper into the realm of irrelevance - I find it fascinating.
    Exactly, Poppy -- it is fascinating. I use all resources available to gather my opinions from different perspectives. Unfortunately, too many jump on the "I hate Danielle" bandwagon and they don't even know why -- because everybody else does. Many people are nothing but "sheep" -- They're so blinded by that that they can't even see what's in front of them. And I'll bet if anyone treated them the way Danielle being treated, all hell would break loose.

It's like domestic abuse.............."Well, she asked for it." Wish I had a dollar each time I heard, re the Mel Gibson mess, that "SHE'S just a gold digger. So what"? No one should be subjected to that kind of cruelty. Sad, sad world we live in.

I'm not a fan of any of these people, Danielle included, but I was always for the underdog, I suppose (not unlike Jill, according to Ramona - LOL) and I just don't like people treating other human beings in this manner. It's horrible and oh, so wrong. To the extent it's reached, it's no longer entertainment -- it's demoralizing to watch and read about time and time and time again.

Like you, I'm on a few of these mutants' Facebook pages to see what's going on. I look in once in a while and I'll tell you that ASHLEY's is the filthiest and nastiest. If anyone writes one thing negative, then all of her Jersey friends send private messages calling the poster ugly names, etc. But Ashley no longer doing it; however, she's allowing it to happen. Forget what anyone says, if you want to post, go ahead and post -- and then duck. LOL

I keep meaning to stay off this Danielle topic, but then someone posts something and then I get PO'd all over again.

What can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3994271;
    Agreed. Idle hands are the devil's playthings, no? I think that Chris and Jacqueline are doing everything they can with Ashley right now *except* saying "you MUST do something with your life." Even if it's to wait tables or work at the Brownstone. Lauren was doing that when it first started, and now she's gone to make-up artist school and has a skills set.

That's one thing I do like about the Manzos. They value hard work.
    My kids took a while to find their paths. But they did this in college, trying one major after another until they found what they wanted to pursue, at least for then. Life happens and as it does, it shapes your goals when you are young.

Ashley seems to be unable to really listen - even to her own better nature. I think at one time on the show (when Jac was suggesting a life coach) she listed a few educational interests she wanted to pursue: like veterinary science, fashion merchandising (and something else, I forget). I kind of doubt she has the grades or the drive to pursue vet medicine, but she'd ace fashion merchandising. She needs to stop trying to hitch a ride on the gravy train. It's never going to stop at her station

+ Reply to Thread