+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3449Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3991179;
    What do you suppose the mortgage payment is on a house in Jersey valued at 1.7 million?
    Probably more thn I make in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3991138;
    Why are we just hearing about the Giudice financial woes now? Too many times what happens in the show coincides with particular things playing out in public. This last episode Danielle mentions foreclosure, and, for the very first time, we catch whiff of the financial situation they're in. In the same way the release of Danielle's sex tape coincided with mention of another one on the show. This was filmed 6 months ago, right? Bravo had to have released this information so that it would be timed with Danielle's mention of it on the show.
    Can't remember if I first saw it on TMZ............but, yes, you're right -- the biggest coincidence in the free world.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3991179;
    What do you suppose the mortgage payment is on a house in Jersey valued at 1.7 million?
    At least $10,000/month.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

That's how they're not in foreclosure on that house then. That family donation. Is that income?

Kiz

I've read the Giudices have a 50 yr mortgage on their house and the payment is in around $12,000. That's about what Poppy Fields just said, so I bet it's close. I don't know if it includes taxes and insurance. I can't imagine what it costs to heat that marble mausoleum.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3991278;
    I've read the Giudices have a 50 yr mortgage on their house and the payment is in around $12,000. That's about what Poppy Fields just said, so I bet it's close. I don't know if it includes taxes and insurance. I can't imagine what it costs to heat that marble mausoleum.
    A 50-year mortgage??? I didn't realize they even offered mortgages over more than 30 years. If they had to get a 50-year mortgage, they couldn't afford the house in the first place.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3991323;
    A 50-year mortgage??? I didn't realize they even offered mortgages over more than 30 years. If they had to get a 50-year mortgage, they couldn't afford the house in the first place.
    Crazy, isn't it!?

Of course, I only read it from someone else, so take it for what it's worth.

Back when I bought my first car the longest loan was four years. My son just bought his first car, and had an option for a six year loan, although he went with three years for the 0% interest rate.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

That family donation. Is that income?
    Not if is a "gift." You don't have to report gifts of any amount to the IRS as income.

There is a gift tax on the donor for amounts exceeding $12K annually to any one recipient, though, with some exceptions like tuition, medical care, etc.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3991388;
    Not if is a "gift." You don't have to report gifts of any amount to the IRS as income.

There is a gift tax on the donor for amounts exceeding $12K annually to any one recipient, though, with some exceptions like tuition, medical care, etc.
    I think the annual amount is $13,000 as of this year.

FORT Fogey

It looks like someone is paying their mortgage, and she is earning something like 3 grand per month plus book sales. I wonder if Joe is pulling in any income right now. Will they have to give their cars back, I wonder?

+ Reply to Thread