+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2513Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Regular

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3989915;
    I mean, come on, absolutely no money in checking or savings account?

I'm pretty sure that lawyers filing a bankruptcy for a client tells the client where creditors can take money/collateral from, and presumably the clients make sure there's not much money `visible'. If Teresa and Joe are hiding businesses and book deals from the court, you KNOW they're hiding cash.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

This topic seems to have gotten out of kilter. This is why the entire show is boring and stupid --- EVERYTHING is about Danielle haters, Danielle this, Danielle that -- and if it's not, then it's Danielle causing this one or that one to do this or that.
    Yep. I'm just waiting here why the whole Guidice financial/fraud implosion is actually Danielle's fault.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Why are we just hearing about the Giudice financial woes now? Too many times what happens in the show coincides with particular things playing out in public. This last episode Danielle mentions foreclosure, and, for the very first time, we catch whiff of the financial situation they're in. In the same way the release of Danielle's sex tape coincided with mention of another one on the show. This was filmed 6 months ago, right? Bravo had to have released this information so that it would be timed with Danielle's mention of it on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3990061;
    Well, that's who the restraining order is against now. Danielle, not Teresa. There's about the same amount of, I guess you'd say evidence against both of them. Although, you can say in a restraining order (I believe) that this person may not contact you in any way. That would have preempted the issue with Ashley.

Personally, Danielle's crimes are no less scary because they were committed twenty years ago. Just like Ashley's crime was no less serious because she was young. Ashley's age simply means that she can change, she may grow out of it, etc. But Danielle doesn't appear to have changed at all since then. She's still crazy, still calculating, and still devious. If I could choose whether we have people like Danielle, who are insane and dangerous in our society or people like Teresa, who are screwing the system, I'd say Teresa. They can, and probably will, be stopped, and can be forced to make retribution.
    Danielle's lawyer released a press statement last week saying that he will be seeking RO's against T, J, and Ashley. Teresa (not her lawyer) Tweeted the next day that she will get one against D.

If any of them had an RO against another, there could not have been any filming of them together - since the order normally states the minimum physical distance the restrained party must stay AWAY from the petitioner. Like, for instance, 500 feet.

So, if there's to be a show...? Threats of ROs against each other seem pretty meaningless to me.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

I dropped OC for awhile and have completely dropped Atlanta. Housewives used to be about the narcissistic lives of narcissistic people who had too many credit cards and weren't afraid to use them. Now, instead of a show about narcissistic people, the narcissistic people are all about the show. I'm stuck with Jersey for the rest of the season. I don't know if I can go for another. And, as it stands, I have no real interest in the DC or Beverly Hills versions. I think they'll be exponentially more fake. We already know to what extremes that skinny, blonde chick and her husband went too. Frankly, I think it's irresponsible of Bravo to encourage that kind of behavior. And all of the threats of restraining orders, and cop-calling are draining public resources. Are the Housewives now becoming a menace to society?

FORT Fanatic

I' going to watch all, just not sure about D. C.. I've hung in this long, but I've found myself recording, then watching on my time.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3991149;
    We already know to what extremes that skinny, blonde chick and her husband went too. Frankly, I think it's irresponsible of Bravo to encourage that kind of behavior. And all of the threats of restraining orders, and cop-calling are draining public resources. Are the Housewives now becoming a menace to society?
    My DH and I were talking about this very topic this weekend. Bravo is doing more than "encouraging." It's BUYING this quasi-legal behavior and filming it! They are giving "reality TV" a new connotation.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3990219;
    GAWD....I only wish Project Runway and Rachel Zoe Project would hurry up and get here -- this Danielle stuff is so over!!
    Project Runway begine this Thursday & I think Rachel Zoe starts the first week in August.

I am with you, I am really tiring of the RHW series.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3991162;
    My DH and I were talking about this very topic this weekend. Bravo is doing more than "encouraging." It's BUYING this quasi-legal behavior and filming it! They are giving "reality TV" a new connotation.
    From what I understand, those Washington party-crashers were part of Bravo to begin with. Saw 2-3 mentions of it; however, nothing in depth. So, that makes 2 must-do things before you die: (1) Washington gate-crashers; and (2) $10,000 monthly payments by family to the Juicies.....

FORT Fogey

What do you suppose the mortgage payment is on a house in Jersey valued at 1.7 million?

+ Reply to Thread