+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3260Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3988532;
    I didn't know that Danielle had originally pressed charges against Teresa too. On what grounds? Saying something she didn't like?
    She filed complaints against both Teresa and Jacqueline, alleging harrassment. She later dropped them, and pursued her assault complaint against Ashley.

It's a little more than saying something someone doesn't like:

Under the United States Code Title 18 Subsection 1514(c)1. Harassment is defined as "a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such a person and serves no legitimate purpose".

The Modern Penal Code section 250.4(MPC) defines harassment as a petty misdemeanor if with purpose to harass another, he: 1) makes a phone call without a legitimate purpose; or 2) insults, taunts or challenges another in a manner likely to provoke violent or disorderly response; or 3) calls at inconvenient hours or in offensive language; or 4) subjects another to offensive touching; or 5) engages in any other course of alarming conduct serving no legitimate purpose of the actor.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-17-2010 at 08:07 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3987422;
    I think the sheer number of people made the situation looked worse than it was. With all the people pulling and trying to stop Teresa made the situation look like MOG dangerous mode when in fact Danielle said some crap and ran. I am not one to let someone say crap and escape the situation so I would have followed her too and screamed some. Danielle and her bodyguard frantically running through the halls was so dramatic.

I also think Danielle going on and on about how Jacqueline and Teresa are so evil when her anger should be directed at Ashely. It really takes away from the legitimate complaint she has.

I still think that Kelly and her systematic bullying is more interesting as Kelly is clearly making the entire thing up while Danielle is only making up 90 percent of the drama. Curse you Ashley! CURSE YOU!
    If anyone was truly manhandled that night, it was Teresa. Did you see Kim G shove her down into a chair? If I'd been pushed like that, it would have been a problem.

I do believe that Teresa says things about Danielle behind her back, which only gives Danielle more power. On the other hand, I'm sure that Danielle is spreading all kinds of crazy stories about her. I also believe that Danielle instigated the argument with Ashley. Danielle's not stupid. She knows that the only adult she can start anything with is Teresa, and she knows that she could start something with Ashley.

To get away from the same old boring Danielle bashing (YAWN!!!), check this one out. Keep it in mind next time someone even thinks about defending Teresa one iota. I hope she and Guido Joe get some jail time for something. What scum.

Giudice Possessions to be Auctioned August 22 | ABSURD TO SUBLIME

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3988575;
    She filed complaints against both Teresa and Jacqueline, alleging harrassment. She later dropped them, and pursued her assault complaint against Ashley.

It's a little more than saying something someone doesn't like:

Under the United States Code Title 18 Subsection 1514(c)1. Harassment is defined as "a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such a person and serves no legitimate purpose".

The Modern Penal Code section 250.4(MPC) defines harassment as a petty misdemeanor if with purpose to harass another, he: 1) makes a phone call without a legitimate purpose; or 2) insults, taunts or challenges another in a manner likely to provoke violent or disorderly response; or 3) calls at inconvenient hours or in offensive language; or 4) subjects another to offensive touching; or 5) engages in any other course of alarming conduct serving no legitimate purpose of the actor.
    Thanks. But I have an honest question. If she had taken it to a court, with Teresa, would it be taken into consideration that the actions had provocation, that it was going back and forth, tit for tat so to speak? I think the common definition (which I understand is different than the legal definition) of harassment is more non-provoked. I wouldn't say Teresa's harassing Danielle because Danielle is doing more than her fair share. I know that may not hold up in a court, but does it make sense in a common sense sort of way?

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3988730;
    I know that may not hold up in a court, but does it make sense in a common sense sort of way?
    I think you make the definitive point about this, yes! These two are feuding, in the old-fashioned, social sense of the word. Out to hurt each other's reputations, out to annoy, harrass, harm; even to lie about each other to acheive these aims. Include Ashley in this, too, and maybe her mom.

You can see how gleeful they are when someone says unkind things about their "enemy," the palpable pleasure they derive from it. Their blogs and Twitter accounts are full of it. The Danielle/Teresa feud is particularly disturbing because it seems to escalate as we watch. If they didn't bash each other on the Internet (and even T's cookbook), I'd chalk it up to Bravo BS. But, sadly, I think it's real.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I truly didn't see anything Teresa did that would justify an assault charge. True to form, Danielle made a statement and ran. The crowd kept pulling on Teresa as she moved toward Danielle and even the bodyguard put his hands on Teresa. Teresa kept following and hurling insults, but she didn't put hands on Danielle. She just didn't run away when someone said something she didn't like. Teresa had no bodyguards, Danielle had one. (Plus KimG's driver, Harry - who I think was one of the best people on that episode!)

Teresa didn't assault Danielle, Jacqueline didn't assault Danielle, Ashley pulled her hair - and was fined for her actions. Drop it, for goodness sakes.

I'm wondering if this is a way for Danielle to attend the reunion by video, because she's afraid ... DEATHLY. afraid. ... for her life. And her children's lives. And her dogs' lives.

Please don't mistake this for a pro-Teresa post. I just want her to go to jail for the crimes she HAS committed and not for a phony reason by someone who should be committed.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I agree. I think it's truly real. I think Teresa's very judgmental. I don't know when you started watching the show, but if you remember when they first brought up the book, Jacqueline, Teresa and Caroline were talking about it. Jacqueline and Caroline were concerned about the charges, as I would be if this woman was involved in my life. Teresa immediately said "she's garbage" Not, "that's scary" or "she's crazy" or "she was lying to us" but "she's garbage." I think from that moment on Teresa was done with Danielle. However, to Teresa's credit, she did invite Danielle to the dinner, and she was being perfectly pleasant with her (in fact, I thought she was being very, very nice, if crude) and then Danielle felt the need to bring up the book in the most attention seeking, problem starting, provoking way. Of course, Danielle comes off crazier because her gripe is with the entire Manzo family, who really have done nothing to her and want nothing to do with her.

I think there's hope for Ashley yet, I think this is just maybe part of her out-of-control rebellion phase, maybe?

I still don't think Jacqueline is doing anything to provoke Danielle at all, and I believe that Danielle instigated a fight with Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3987160;
    Saw some pics of Naomi Campbell who has bald spots supposedly caused by weaves. Most girls who wear them all the time end up with short hair because the natural hairs start to break I guess where the weave gets attached. I'm not an expert on the subject by any means.
    Yes it can happen. I usually take my weave out a couple times a year just so my own hair has a chance to breathe. I have alot of hair of my own it just is a hassle to manage.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3988772;
    I'm wondering if this is a way for Danielle to attend the reunion by video, because she's afraid ... DEATHLY. afraid. ... for her life. And her children's lives. And her dogs' lives.
    She'll probably bring "protection."

BTW, she filed a complaint charging T. with harassment, rather than assault.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3988532;
    Yeah, I know they're in Long Island. Not sure where that came from, call it a blond moment. Anyway I apologized for my mistake but the post was deleted.

I thought it was pretty clear that the cops thought the entire thing was pretty ridiculous. They were okay with J, cuz she was really cooperative with them, but they were quick to get annoyed with Teresa's "why do you need a statement? statement of what?" BS.

I didn't know that Danielle had originally pressed charges against Teresa too. On what grounds? Saying something she didn't like?
    My post apologizing to you was deleted too. You were right and I should have just pointed out the mistake in a nicer way. I am sorry.

The papers keep talking about how D and her lawyers will use the tapes of the show against J and T.
    Well they can use them too. Kim G pushed T and so did D's body guard. We haven't seen anywhere near all the footage taped that night.
    I guess it's possible that other things happened.

I don't know how any of them even afford all the lawyers they'll need. All the suing back and forth takes many hours.

I never saw people who keep saying that they don't care about the other party...keep doing things to make sure they stay in contact.

Caroline was right...just stay away from her.

+ Reply to Thread