+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2851Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3983310;
    Yes, I am gay. I like the mens. But am I the only person somewhat disgusted and saddened by Tess flashing her clevelege to distract her hubby? (Thought he was an 'ass man' after all.)
    I was/am pretty disgusted by their entire relationship. Didn't someone on here mention they thought he was hiding his true gay self? I'm starting to see that. He 'plays' the part of being interested in his wife but not very well.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

1) Can somebody please explain the significance of owning two properties in fee simple and one in a tenancy by the entirety?
    Only married couples have the right to hold real property as co-tenants by the entirety. This means they don't each own "half," but each owns the "whole." There are many legal benefits to holding property this way, special protections that can be significant if one spouse is in debt, or a spouse dies.

I am surprised that I never hear this raised by advocates of gay marriage. This right is automatic for married people. It should be for ALL married people, regardless of sex.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3983385;
    I'll bet you Teresa hasn't read a book since Hop on Pop.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3983374;
    I think she called it her "cleevaledge." What was disgusting was that it was her prelude (along with a glass of wine) to her telling him, in her own biased and deceitful way, what she had done. I guess she wanted to "soften him up."

But I loved his reaction!: "Yeah, I've seen it before." (ho-hum, Teresa, get to the point)
    Did you happen to catch the end of that scene, when they gave each other a kiss, and Teresa mentioned something about tongue? I don't remember for sure, but I think she asked why he didn't give her any. Thank you Joe for sparing us the tongue.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3983385;
    I'll bet you Teresa hasn't read a book since Hop on Pop.

Anglo, all I have to do to figure out who to believe is listen to the Talking Head interviews.

Danielle can take something simple like a paper cut and will transform it into a potentially fatal assault done deliberately by the paper manufacturers who are probably friends of Dina and Caroline and that Stawker Ashley.

For the record, I do not count the table flipping as an assault. It was a show of anger, like someone hitting a wall in frustration. She did not heave the table At Danielle. There were others seated there as well and everyone was affected.

I agree that Dina took Lexi off the show because both she and Lexi's dad realized it was not an appropriate place for her. I also think that whatever else is going on in Dina's life, she did think that maybe getting away from the cameras would lessen the "attraction" Danielle seems to have for her. She has honed in on Dina since the first episode.

I think that Teresa is the only one that really continues to focus on Danielle, reiterating her faults to hopefully make her own $11 million debt seem less important. (It doesn't.) I think Caroline definitely has taken the ignore route, and Jacqueline tries to until she's drawn back in by Teresa, Ashley, and Kim G.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3983400;
    Only married couples have the right to hold real property as co-tenants by the entirety. This means they don't each own "half," but each owns the "whole." There are many legal benefits to holding property this way, special protections that can be significant if one spouse is in debt, or a spouse dies.

I am surprised that I never hear this raised by advocates of gay marriage. This right is automatic for married people. It should be for ALL married people, regardless of sex.
    Except that many states no longer recognize TE. Joint tenants with rights of survivorship acheives the same effect and two people don't have to be married to utilize this method.

FORT Fogey

More news on Teresa and Joe.

Real Housewives of NJ: Teresa’s Husband Jokes About Losing Home - PEOPLE TV Watch

Real Housewife Finds Drama in Bankruptcy Court - Bankruptcy Beat - WSJ

According to Chapter 7 trustee John Sywilok, tasked with rounding up the couple’s assets and distributing the proceeds to creditors, the Giudices allegedly concealed key documents about their finances and business transactions.

Next month, the trustee is aiming to hold a public auction of the contents filling the family’s newly built Towaco, N.J. mansion. Up for grabs at the Aug. 22 auction are home furnishings, accessories, tools and a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3983667;
    Except that many states no longer recognize TE. Joint tenants with rights of survivorship acheives the same effect and two people don't have to be married to utilize this method.
    Where TE is recognized, benefits (above and over rights of survivorship) can include the ability to shield the property from creditors of only one spouse, as well as the ability to partially shield the property where only one spouse is filing a petition for bankruptcy relief. If a non-debtor spouse in a tenancy by the entirety survives a debtor spouse, the lien can never be enforced against the property.

For anyone interested -
    States that allow tenancy by entirety:
    Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Tennessee, Wyoming

States that allow tenancy by entirety for real estate only:
    Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Oregon

States that allow tenancy by entirety for domestic partners:
    Hawaii, Rhode Island

Kiz

"The lawsuit isnít the only reason Sywilok may not be the Giudicesí most favorite person right now. Next month, the trustee is aiming to hold a public auction of the contents filling the familyís newly built Towaco, N.J. mansion.

Up for grabs at the Aug. 22 auction are home furnishings, accessories, tools and a boat."

WOW! That's got to be rough. I wonder if Danielle will be stopping by to do a little shopping. I bet she'd like to have the Giudice's HUGE mirror hanging over her bed. (It was shown in the episode when Teresa was getting ready for her housewarming party).

+ Reply to Thread