+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2665Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

From the bankruptcy petition, how ironic: Tess gets a lousy $40k a year from Bravo for showing what a dunce she is... on national TV. She really is a brainless twit.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Kiz

Thanks for the replies mom2 and Holly. I've called 911 a couple of times to report accidents, and I introduced myself first thing. I really don't think the dispatcher repeating back her name signifies any sort of familiarity. It's more of a check to be sure the information is correct. Although, Danielle may be well known too, that's just my take on it.
    ---------------------
    Prism: 40,000 lousy dollars for having all your personal life and that of your family's put under a microscope! I know they hope for a big payoff down the line, and all the side businesses deals that Bravo also gets their share, but still, I couldn't believe the measly payoff they were getting for the show. So far, it appears Danielle's daughter, Christine, might be the breakout star to actually make it big.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

Teresa's promoting the heck out that cookbook. According to her twitter, she's at signings probably 4 or 5 nights a week. My guess is that there's another one in the works. Maybe they'll get ol' Juicy to write a book called Wine Makin' by (Grape) Juicy Joe.

Jacqueline also said that the police told her that they were well aware of Danielle, and it was with a "she's crazy" implication. This was when she was interviewed on the last episode.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Frankly anything that happens Danielle she is deserving of. What a heinous piece of work. I can only hope her daughters don't suffer the sins of the mother brought down on them.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I had to laugh when Jacquline was on the phone w/Danielle's spiritual advisor (or whatever she is). As she played her game on her phone, you could see that she was parked right outside the shopping center with the other Kim's store Posche sign very prominately shown thru her car window. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that J pulled over right in front of the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3980793;
    T is hot-headed - probably did it in the spur of the moment. She's so volatile. Probably more so at the sight of Danielle. She thinks she looks cool and is convinced her "fans" will think so, too.
    I don't think it was spur of the moment - one of her explanations for waiting to sweetly greet Danielle / lying in wait was to complain to her about some rumors going around that she was blaming Danielle for spreading. Oh, and she then cited Danielle's remark about the forclosure as proof that Danielle had spread them, not as proof that Danielle had heard and believed them. Because she's nice and sweet.

I think it was really important for Danielle not to agree that Teresa is "the nicest person you'll meet." And she remained level-headed enough not to. She wasn't rude, she just said "no, I don't know you like that." (Not "Sweet hell, you BITCH!) But Teresa pushed it a bit more with the "honey" comment. Danielle attributed it to 'rage' but I heard more 'contempt' and 'warning.' So Danielle told her 'Don't call me honey.' Again, IMHO, reasonable if not friendly.

That was enough for T to call her 'an old hag' and 'bitch.'

Danielle can easily be pushed. I don't know why but she's very scared of these women. I don't know if it's justified or not but she was in full fight or flight mode. I think she doesn't realize how offensive she knows how to be.

But consider. Somebody she suspected of being two-faced (Shop Kim, who is as two-faced as it gets) invites her to a 'fashion show' and as far as I can see positions her directly opposite her sworn enemies. And sits with them. All night. Laughing and carrying on, even if not at her expense. How would that make you feel? Especially if Shop Kim never said hello to her.

So, having a lopsided imagination, she starts this whole pointless display. Anytime your actions are inspired by Paris Hilton, you really should check yourself before you wreck yourself, no?

I think she knew she'd pushed the envelope. She was one against two, three with that nasty Ashley. And yes, she's 18 and Danielle's 150, but. When your nerves are raw to begin with (again, with or without good cause) is it really possible to retain your composure? It's certainly difficult and Danielle wasn't up to the task. BUT. She never laid in wait for Tess. She never tried to confront Tess.

Now, consider Tess's tactics. She's far from irrational. As Danielle passed her, and Tess was angled away from her; it could have been anyone from Danielle's view point, she let out a dismissive harrumpf and complained that the whole time they were in the show, Danielle never once said 'hello' to her.

Not that she came over and said 'hi' to Danielle. Instead she spent the whole time simpering at her and passive-agressively ostentatiously not speaking to her. And then criticized Danielle for doing the same. Classic mean girl.

Here's my take: Danielle was already kinda stressed. And then Tess starts off with a criticism of her manners, and a utterly contradictory one at that. Her brain was trying to figure out what all this meant; when you're told something that doesn't make sense you're taken aback and momentarily confused.

Tess deliberately ambushed Danielle and her bitching at her started with her very first utterance. At the first squeak of opposition she went into full insult mode. She put Danielle off balance and then while she was teetering, knocked her over the edge. Not terribly irrational at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3981191;
    IMHO there is a huge leap between kidnapping & extortion to hair pulling. I do realize Danielle was 21 at the time so yes I can cut her a break due to that & the fact that she has been, I hope, crime-free since that episode. She does seem to hang around with the criminal element so it goes without saying that is telling about her character. I know I wouldn't want to be associated with anyone who I even knew had the slightest inclination towards violence.
    I understand that. I would hope we would both be more attuned to a person's ability to change.

I wonder if Danny was part of her gang back then?
    No, apparently he wants to be an actor and this show (and kissing up to D) was a good start.

With that in mind, why isn't she cutting Ashley the same break she received?
    What break was that? Danielle got five years' probation. Ashley got $143 in fines that somebody else probably paid.

These women are all loons as far as I'm concerned with the exception of Dina who had the dignity to leave the show & I have to say Caroline who had the sense to not attend that fashion show.
    I admire Caroline. She got her minions to do her work for her!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3981714;
    This is the second time we've seen Teresa enraged. Apparently, at such times, she starts screaming and as her volume increases, her coherency decreases. She stops speaking in sentences and just delivers insults and incomplete phrases. Hence the ever popular Teresa-ism, "prostituion whore."
    She even says that her anger flares up and she becomes irrational, then she calms down and is even happy for it.

In fact, she has an angergasm and then enjoys the afterglow.

Did you notice how thrilled she was that Ashley pulled Danielle's hair, until Jackie disapproved of it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dippitydoo;3981727;
    I agree that it would have been better if danielle had walked away - but the thing is, she did try to after Teresa said `hello' initially. Then Teresa asked why Danielle would hardly respond back, and Kim G pulled Danielle back and said, `She's trying to be nice,' or something to that effect.
    Kim G is two faced and loathesome. I prefer any of the Real Real Housewives of New Jersey to Kim G or Shop Kim. At least you know where you stand with the Real Reals, even if it's on slippery ground over a sink hole on a fault line.

Yes, I do think Danielle was trying to hurt Teresa with the "Your house is in foreclosure" comment, but Danielle said that only after Teresa had insulted her with some derogatory comment. And if Danielle was trying to get the others "riled up" with her texting and staying on the phone during the fashion show, that's a relatively minor thing to me, and it's something the others could have easily ignored. I thought they didn't want anything to do with Danielle anyway, so why didn't they just leave it alone?
    It was silly and childish of Danielle to do that. I think it was more against Shop Kim after the incredible "diss" she "suffered" in the boutique (which had me utterly mystified; Danielle took a very small bably mole's hill and made a couple Everests out of it. I coudn't work out what she was offended by).

I'm not a fan of Danielle's, and I do think she has serious mental problems, but Teresa came off looking much worse in this situation, IMO. She brought it on herself, and then is trying to claim innocence. When someone has to keep telling people, `I'm a lady', and `I'm so nice', it's usually because they keep doing things that show the opposite. I have come to despise Teresa.
    Tess isn't only claiming innocence, she's proud of herself and thinks it funny.

+ Reply to Thread