+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2515Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3980397;
    Following this incident in 11/09, Danielle filed criminal complaints against Ashley, Teresa, and Jacqueline. She dropped the harrassment complaints against Teresa and Jacqueline, but went to court against Ashley who was found guilty of simple assault and fined. This new suit will be in civil court, and we will have to wait to see what damages she claims to have sustained.

As for Jacqueline now despising Danielle? I think it's just part of the storyline. Probably, the same was true of their "friendship."
    Yes, I know the new suit is civil litigation. I was just pointing out that Danielle did press charges at the time and that was the result. I hope she prevails -- people have to start being accountable for their actions. I truly believe Bravo just documents what's going on and keeps it on track -- not that they were friends and then Bravo says, "Okay, this is dull, from now on you will hate Danielle."

Actuallly, the story line is stupid -- wish someone would script something -- like George Clooney sitting in the Brownstone by himself and let everybody loose.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3980133;
    I would bet $50 Albie does not return to law school anywhere.
    Someone posted this to Caroline in response to her blog.

"Ok caroline, my father is dyslexic he has had that learning disability his whole life. He repeated a grade but still made it through college and law school and got a second law degree. He still has extreme trouble spelling, he can't spell my name. But he never failed a class and he never missed the cutoff. I am sorry but my family has almost no sympathy for your son."

Touche!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3979508;
    Oftentimes single moms of an only child try to compensate and cut too much slack out of guilt. Not that there's anything to feel guilty about, per se, it just plays out that way.
    And then the new kids will be treated to a life of luxury from the start, not like Ashley who (may have/did) deal with some deprivation growing up - that might fuel the guilt in a person who has few intellectual resources to deal with it.

On the one hand Jackie likes to 'fly above' and try to keep things nice, but I rewatched the debacle and she was tearing after Danielle just like Tess, shrieking about her criminal record over and over again, ("you beat somebody with a nine millimeter gun" which is ambiguous - does that mean that Danielle used a gun to beat a person or that Danielle beat a person who had a gun?), and generally making as much of a scene as Tess.

She was also far from oil on troubled waters on WWHL.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3979521;
    Seriously, if I were Ashley I would be scared to back talk when Chris was talking to me. He's a parent who can just give you a look and you crap your pants (is that too much?).
    Oddly I think that Ashley respects Chris more, and in fact may even be more affectionate with him. Remember when he allowed her to have the luxury barge after her grades improved - she seemed really pleased that she'd earned it. I don't think he looks on her as anything other than his own loved child.

And Chris is far from a tyrant - she and he did negotiate her return to the family mansion, and he was flexible to a point, and a working arrangement was made, with a promise of a review on good behaviour. Then when it was all settled she was welcomed back to what he called her home. It was all very grown-up and nice and the way things should be. I think Chris (and Jackie) really wanted her back home where she belonged but Chris wasn't going to let it be Liberty Mansion and unlike Jackie, who sometimes just moans and whines and then boots people out, he discussed it with her rationally. And Lo and Behold! She discussed it back with some posing, some pouting but with adult flexibility too. Gasp!

All that with no former teens of his own, I thin? I don't know but none have been mentioned.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3979746;
    Every time I see Ashley on tv she reminds me of a quote my great Aunt Evelyn had on her icebox (refrigerator).

"Why couldn't all of life problem's hit me when I was 18 and I knew everything?"

Ashley has a terrible combination of immaturity and arrogance. It will bring her, and her family, a lot of grief until she (hopefully) matures.

And I totally agree with everyone that Teresa started that argument. She was probably instructed by the Bravo producers to try and speak with Danielle at some point in the evening. But Teresa didn't have to lose her temper and start chasing Danielle and screaming at her.

I still can't muster any sympathy for Danielle. Her personality is just so awful, even when she's in the right. That poor, pitiful me attitude is just so annoying.
    Tess talks such BS. She told Danielle that she just wanted to be nice, and Andy that she wanted to go over some rumors floating around (that turned out to be more than just rumors). You know, deceptive people have an aura about them, especially sneaky ones, like Tess. I can see Danielle being worried - she's not got a too-tight hold on things, and then Miss Simper and the Roman AlleyCat come at her and although she was 'with an entourage' who did she really have? Kim G who's as two faced as the day is long, a hired body guard, Kim's driver, and a few sycophants who melted away like snow in April. Danielle can't handle easy things, but dealing with a snake like Teresa ("oh no honey" - Danielle thought rage, I heard sneering and baiting) combined with a passive aggressive like Miss Simper, isn't easy for somebody entirely compos mentis.

And for somebody who's so 'nice' didn't Tess jump quick from "honey" to "you're an dried up old hag" to "bitch!!!!!" just on being asked not to call Danielle "honey." At that point all control was lost by everyone involved.

FORT Fogey

I like Chris, but there was a strange thing he did on the poker episode. He was pissed at Ashley for dissing her ma and he grasped her chin and sort of pulled her lip. It was all he could do not to squeeze her face hard.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3980063;
    I also have to say they all made Danielle seem to be somewhat sane, and that is hard to do. Anyone who thought Danielle was paranoid could now watch this and think, Hmmmmm maybe there is something to this. Danielle didn't deserve to be assaulted or chased or intimidated. Yes, she overreacted 100 times more than the situation was worth, but it shoudln't have happened. When she ran away, they should have let her and gone on with their lives. Carolyn and Chris are the wisest ones about it when they said ignore her. I also hate the Kims--I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could throw them. Kim G needs to find something better to do with her time if she is so bored--maybe do some travelling or get a hobby--not get involved with all of this. Ashley is an idiot--it is a pity with Chris as a father figure she didn't grow up with more maturity. My guess is Jacqueline undid every thing he tried to do.

I do agree with the others in that Albie didn't make one bit of effort to get accomodatins and is now crying discrimination after he flunked out. He probably is going through the motions with the lawyer just so he doesn't have to admit to his parents or anyone else that he knew how to get accomodations and he didn't follow through. It makes me wonder if he really wants to go to law school. If it was important to him, he would not have let it get that far. Does anyone know if Albie has gotten into another law school or is another worker at the Brownstone now?
    I agree 100%. Now - not saying that Danielle is not severely loony, but - imagine what things would be like if she were right, even if she were 50% right. All the rumors might have been invented by Le Sorelle Manzo to frame her. All the things that they say she said. Mean girls are great at taking any tiny chink, any small vulnerability, and running with it, picking at it, exploiting it, while at the same time portraying themselves as the victim.

Case in point: Look how T and J go on and on about how Danielle always cries victimization. Well, what the F do they think happened at the fashion show? When the sat and giggled with D's friend Shop Kim as her repulsive BF called D a pig. Don't you think that conversation got back to D? But none of the Manzos called her a pig did they? Oh, no, accuse them of anything and you wind up looking like a lunatic. But how much better if they can manipulate everyone around them to dismiss Danielle's protests as the ranting of a lunatic.

Look at the hatred - for what? What did she do? Nobody will say? Look at how they go to such lengths to give the impression that Danielle is mean (but Shop Kim revealed her account details, T peppers her cook book with insults to her, J was her friend and confidante until the betrayal, C called her garbage, Juicy Joe said he hated her), that Danielle is a loon (so we start interpreting everything she does as loony). Danielle danced with poor defenseless Albie and his mother portrayed it as almost cradle robbing. Albie was over 20 FGS. But it lets D be thought of as sexually dangerous.

Again, what did Danielle do that was so terrible that the Manzo's own misconduct didn't leave themselves open to? I'm trying to look beyond, or separate what the Manzos/Jackie say about her and to what she actually does. She makes it easy for them but they are very dedicated to their task.

My goodness. I might actually become a Danielle Fan Boy. I always do love the Underdog.

FORT Fogey

I must bookmark your blog, mom2. It's good. You are very observant.

FORT Regular

These three women, Terese, Jacqueline and Ashley.... my God. I have words for them that are not appropriate for these forums. These women are low class through and through. Poor Danielle. Nobody deserves to be ganged up on like that and laughed at later. Teresa instigated that argument, and looked like a complete fool. This woman is crazy, even crazier than Danielle who is supposedly "dangerous". The only dangerous person I saw was Teresa who was running after Danielle like a police dog, and Jacqueline followed her with the pistol comments. Whatever little respect I had for J is completely lost. Since she obviously loves Teresa so much, she should be delighted that her own flesh and blood Ashley is turning into mini Teresa.

I just watched both the show and WWHL and I'm so angry. What happened to Danielle should not have happened to anyone, like her or not. I would have loved to see WWHL asking the two women tough questions about their actions as opposed to stupid questions such as "What game were you playing on your phone, J?"

FORT Fogey

It was so strange how it unfolded. When did Teresa get the idea that she was gonna pull this? Before she went or while she was there. I can't help but feel someone (producer?) put her up to it. She's not really clever enough to have schemed that all day and not have given some clue what she was up to.

+ Reply to Thread