+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Anglo, brilliant recap as ever! I always enjoy reading your posts.

This episode was disturbing. My son actually said to me, "Mom, if you acted like this I would pretend I was adopted." Theresa was really the most revolting out of them all, even though everyone acted appallingly. I thought it was ironic the whole foreclosure conversation now that we know her financial situtation. I also have to say they all made Danielle seem to be somewhat sane, and that is hard to do. Anyone who thought Danielle was paranoid could now watch this and think, Hmmmmm maybe there is something to this. Danielle didn't deserve to be assaulted or chased or intimidated. Yes, she overreacted 100 times more than the situation was worth, but it shoudln't have happened. When she ran away, they should have let her and gone on with their lives. Carolyn and Chris are the wisest ones about it when they said ignore her. I also hate the Kims--I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could throw them. Kim G needs to find something better to do with her time if she is so bored--maybe do some travelling or get a hobby--not get involved with all of this. Ashley is an idiot--it is a pity with Chris as a father figure she didn't grow up with more maturity. My guess is Jacqueline undid every thing he tried to do.

I do agree with the others in that Albie didn't make one bit of effort to get accomodatins and is now crying discrimination after he flunked out. He probably is going through the motions with the lawyer just so he doesn't have to admit to his parents or anyone else that he knew how to get accomodations and he didn't follow through. It makes me wonder if he really wants to go to law school. If it was important to him, he would not have let it get that far. Does anyone know if Albie has gotten into another law school or is another worker at the Brownstone now?

FORT Fogey

I would bet $50 Albie does not return to law school anywhere.

It DID seem that Teresa instigated the entire confrontation. I know that when I am at odds with someone and find them to be a nasty person that never says anything nice to me, I do all I can to avoid them, not purposely put myself in their path. And the way she called Danielle "honey" was not in a sweet, friendly tone, but in a sarcastic, taunting way. I personally do not trust people who call other people "honey" or "sweetie" all the time...they seem very insincere. It's funny how Danielle acts and talks so tough all the time yet she ran away when push came to shove. I personally believe that if Danielle and Teresa were pitted against each other in a fight...like a wrestling match or something, that Teresa would win, hands down. That girl seems like the type who would fight to the death, with her own bare hands, whereas Danielle seems more like the type that would have others fight for her. Both ways are wrong and not very classy, but head to head and hand to hand, Teresa would win. I'll tell you....I'm from New York orginally and I've never seen the likes of these Jersey girls in my hometown...even in high school! And I grew up in a pretty tough Italian neighborhood on Long Island.

All these housewives shows just go to prove, no matter how much money you have, money NEVER equals class. I know LuAnn sings the song "money can't buy you class", which by watching how even she operates....she proves that very point! I think I've yet to see any class at all with ANY of these housewives on any of the shows!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3979969;
    Also, since this episode took place 6-7 months ago, I vaguely recall reading that Ashley was charged with assault and had to pay a small fine -- $143???? something like that.

Also, what the heck happened to cause Jacqueline to despise Danielle so much, when initially they were friends. Mama Manzo probably had a lot to do with it. Just curious!
    Following this incident in 11/09, Danielle filed criminal complaints against Ashley, Teresa, and Jacqueline. She dropped the harrassment complaints against Teresa and Jacqueline, but went to court against Ashley who was found guilty of simple assault and fined. This new suit will be in civil court, and we will have to wait to see what damages she claims to have sustained.

As for Jacqueline now despising Danielle? I think it's just part of the storyline. Probably, the same was true of their "friendship."
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 07-13-2010 at 11:39 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Isn't Ashley getting paid to do the show? I hope she is using that money to pay legal fees.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I personally believe that if Danielle and Teresa were pitted against each other in a fight...like a wrestling match or something, that Teresa would win, hands down.
    They'd be in different weight classes.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3980409;
    They'd be in different weight classes.
    I STILL think Teresa would win...even if Danielle has a few pounds on her! I think unbridled rage trumps weight differences!

FORT Fogey

Teresa would definitley win because Danielle would dissolve into one big panic attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3980453;
    Teresa would definitley win because Danielle would dissolve into one big panic attack.
    LOL

From my blog: Mom2shelbyshae's Blog | Just another WordPress.com site The full recap can be found here.

This is a part of the recap found above:

RHNJ 7/12 “Country Clubbed”
    Posted on July 13, 2010 by mom2shelbyshae

Okay … so after waiting 2 weeks for this episode (why, I still don’t have a clue. There was no reason to delay the 2nd part. I skipped the repeat episodes last week.) finally some of our questions were answered.

A brief recap of my impressions of the previous episode: The sisters-in-law, Grandma Kim and Drunk Kim, got their heads together with Bravo and schemed to get some of the Manzo clan (okay, so Jacqueline, Teresa, and Ashley are not technically Manzos but they are in the clique) to a Fashion Show where Danielle would be as well. To ensure this, the Kims divided to conquer, Grandma Kim steered Danielle there (Nothing will happen, I promise!) and Drunk Kim wooed Teresa in, then sealed secured Jacqueline’s fate attendance by inviting Ashley as an afterthought to walk in the fashion show “like a real model!” Danielle made sure we all knew that this was HER town and no one would dare mess with her there. She was even wearing her impossibly high heels because she wouldn’t be running. (Important to note for later.) Seems Danielle kept the party waiting for a couple of hours, then waltzed in and started greeting people. She noticed that Drunk Kim not only invited “the enemy”, but was seated at the same table as them. That was an intentional diss and must be returned with an equal diss. So while Drunk Kim’s table was laughing and appreciating the event, Danielle’s table were sullen and quiet. Danielle, schooled in the Paris Hilton Art of Diss, made sure to text and fake pretend to be on the phone. Ashley’s turn to walk came and she did well, even though Danielle sputtered and muttered under her breath (and Bravo was nice enough to put the words there for us) “coke whore.” There were stares and glares across the tables, Ashley had been expressly forbidden to engage with Danielle – but she’s an ADULT now, she can do whatever she wants! (foot stomp) Jacqueline looks around and finds that neither Ashley nor Teresa were at the table, and sensing trouble, jumps up and runs for the hall. Teresa has planted herself outside the restroom door, determined to get to the bottom of Danielle spreading news about her financial situation be the nice person she’s known for and say ‘hello’. Danielle wants nothing to do with Teresa and tries to escape, only to have Grandma Kim gently but firmly guide her back with empty assurances. Teresa uses the word “honey” and Danielle objects. Teresa has a limited vocabulary and falls back on her other endearment, “bitch”, and Danielle has had E”F’n”nuff. The chase is on …
    Last edited by mom2; 07-14-2010 at 12:26 AM.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread