+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2807Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Anybody with a half wit's sense about what is good for their children would not put them on a reality show! Of any sort. So even if he had let Lexi appear on Dina and Tommy's Absolutely Fabulous Wedding, he should have been paying attention about her best interests when Dina proposed her latest foray into reality-tv notoriety. He had enough information, whether he chose to look at it or not. In two SEASONS of OC, Laurie Waring in OC was a single mom with a douchebag son who was experimenting with drugs; Jena had a slacker son and a smug daughter, and another son who fought with his brother. Their dad was a drunk. It wasn't all shopping -- but even if it was, there is nothing "fun" in any of this, in particular for these kids.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-09-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3971191;
    Anybody with a half wit's sense about what is good for their children would not put them on a reality show! Of any sort. So even if he had let Lexi appear on Dina and Tommy's Absolutely Fabulous Wedding, he should have been paying attention about her best interests when Dina proposed her latest foray into reality-tv notoriety. He had enough information, whether he chose to look at it or not. In two SEASONS of OC, Laurie Waring in OC was a single mom with a douchebag son who was experimenting with drugs; Jena had a slacker son and a smug daughter, and another son who fought with his brother. Their dad was a drunk. It wasn't all shopping -- but even if it was, there is nothing "fun" in any of this, in particular for these kids.
    With the exception of the son doing drugs I don't see how any of those examples prove that he could have known the show wasn't going to be something much differently than he was expecting. It might not all be about shopping and fun but getting paid to show parts of your "normal" life sounds like a sweet deal to me. Anyone familiar with the Housewive shows can see the difference from the shows first few seasons/series to know. Even Vikki herself commented that it wasn't fun anymore.

Not that any of this matters as Laci and Dani came off pretty good in their segments season 1. Laci seemed to have fun on the show and was portrayed in a normal preteen/teenage fashion. Not every kid on a reality show is doomed to a life of craziness. I don't see how anyone could have guessed that Danielle was going to be that pyscho and run the whole show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3971215;
    With the exception of the son doing drugs I don't see how any of those examples prove that he could have known the show wasn't going to be something much differently than he was expecting. It might not all be about shopping and fun but getting paid to show parts of your "normal" life sounds like a sweet deal to me. Anyone familiar with the Housewive shows can see the difference from the shows first few seasons/series to know. Even Vikki herself commented that it wasn't fun anymore.

Not that any of this matters as Laci and Dani came off pretty good in their segments season 1. Laci seemed to have fun on the show and was portrayed in a normal preteen/teenage fashion. Not every kid on a reality show is doomed to a life of craziness. I don't see how anyone could have guessed that Danielle was going to be that pyscho and run the whole show.
    You mean except that Danielle had lived her whole life as a psycho? I don't even know who Dani and Laci are, but Danielle's kids -- I'm really, really sorry to say -- are the sanest in the bunch. Sometimes pressure on coal makes diamonds, but usually, it just makes shi-ite. God bless those kids. I really do like them.

Let me just say -- there are psychos lurking in every kid's lives. It's the parents' job to protect their children from such influences. Yes, not every child who's on reality tv is going to freak out. Ron Howard is a great director. But for every Ron Howard there is a (fill in the blank.)(forgive me, I don't know the names but I'm betting you do). National exposure, fame, etc. are not American values. They are cheap and tawdry.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-09-2010 at 01:55 AM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3971215;
    It might not all be about shopping and fun but getting paid to show parts of your "normal" life sounds like a sweet deal to me.
    I'm sure it felt the same way to them.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Also, I believe Danielle said she had gone to Dina's ex sister-in-law's nail salon for maybe 17 years, and that's how she knew her and the family.
    She also said that she met Dina for the first time in that salon and that Dina was a nail technician there.

They would sell their children for another ounce of fame
    That's the core truth of the matter. People who sign on to reality TV shows are looking for their moment in the spotlight, and the opportunity to make a fortune from it - launching whatever business they can stitch together with next-to-zero start up capital, or acquiring contracts for other endeavors. If they need to humiliate themselves and their families (or their entire state of residence, as in NJ), that's a necessary sacrifice to them.

Children are fair game in reality TV world. I find it ironic that its OK to humiliate and exploit Albie and Ashley, exposing their issues and failures - but not the issues and failures of the Manzo women and Teresa. Danielle is the only adult villain. It should be said, though, that neither Albie nor Ashley are children anymore and they have their own Bravo contracts. They are following in their parents' footsteps.

The fact that some folks want to believe this tripe is fascinating to me
    Me, too. I read an interview with Dina (after last season, and I can't remember where ) where she stated that Bravo had given them all a copy of "Cop Without a Badge" prior to finalizing their contracts, in full disclosure of where the storyline would go. She also said that Bravo insisted that the book be kept under wraps until the end of the season, as the big finale. So they all knew what they were about to embark on, even though she denies it now.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3971113;
    Thanks for posting this very important information. It is obvious that Dina and her husband didn't know how this show was going to turn out and people can stop blaming them for things out of their control.
    ANY reality show is a bad idea. How many marriages have survived them? The only one I can think of at the moment is the Osbornes. They are a curse, and not because of the HW's shows. Some people can't resist the idea of being on TV, whatever the reasons. It's funny. The less someone has to offer talent-wise, the more they want to be on TV.

FORT Fogey

With regard to keeping Cop Without a Badge underwraps 'til the end of the season, look at what happened with the release of Danielle's sex tape. It was released to coincide with the mention of yet another sex tape on the show. How did that happen? By accident? Not likely.

Dina says she left because of Danielle, but I don't think that was the whole reason. And, if it was, Bravo didn't care enough to keep her around.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 07-09-2010 at 10:21 AM.

add drugs to that list and i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3968124;
    For me, I don't think strip clubs, lap dances, or even prostitution should be illegal for adults.

However, I wouldn't want anyone I cared about to be a stripper, lap dancer, or hooker.

not much in her world not to be nice about?!?!??!!? what does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3970530;
    She's nice, and I'm sure she tries to be as nice as she can be in the comfort of Franklin Lakes. There's not much in Dina's world not to be nice about. She did complain that no one knew how to put washer fluid in her vehicle because it was a V12 engine. So, that probably sucked.

LOL, right . . . . no one's life is a cake walk.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3970560;
    Uhh she has a sociopath who's out to make her life hard and to make her look bad... she has a teenage daughter and a huge family. I'm sure she has plenty of the same difficulties in life as the rest of us, aside from the monetary.

+ Reply to Thread