+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2848Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3970416;
    I never saw Dina when she was on that wedding show.
    And I have no idea if she'll try another reality show.
    What I will say is that she came across, to me anyway, as one of the nicest and most normal and natural people to appear on a reality show.
    I can't say that aboout very many people who appear on these shows.
    Yeah I don't know why someone would think she wanted to be on reality tv so badly... after she left this show... it's just ridiculous.

I also don't know why everyone's assuming Dina didn't want Lexi off the show, why it wasn't a joint decision.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3970416;
    I never saw Dina when she was on that wedding show.
    And I have no idea if she'll try another reality show.
    What I will say is that she came across, to me anyway, as one of the nicest and most normal and natural people to appear on a reality show.
    I can't say that aboout very many people who appear on these shows.
    She's nice, and I'm sure she tries to be as nice as she can be in the comfort of Franklin Lakes. There's not much in Dina's world not to be nice about. She did complain that no one knew how to put washer fluid in her vehicle because it was a V12 engine. So, that probably sucked.

FORT Fogey

Uhh she has a sociopath who's out to make her life hard and to make her look bad... she has a teenage daughter and a huge family. I'm sure she has plenty of the same difficulties in life as the rest of us, aside from the monetary.

FORT Fan

VH1 Tommy and Dina's Wedding Casting Tape.

Dina married her sister Caroline's brother-in law, who admittedly cheated on her for the first year of their relationship. She knew this before she married him. I won't get into the other issues about his level of commitment to her, but the tape speaks for itself regarding the level of sexual chemistry between them. It makes Gigli look like Last Tango in Paris.

I don't envy her at all for the life choices she's made, but she's the one who vamped for the cameras for not one, but two reality shows. And those are the ones we know about, that she made it onto.

There are other ways to make a buck in this world.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-08-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Kiz

I read an interview some time back, and Caroline said that only one RH show had been aired at the time they signed on for the show. I haven't watched the shows, so I don't know if the first show went to hell in a hand basket the way NJ did.

Also, I believe Danielle said she had gone to Dina's ex sister-in-law's nail salon for maybe 17 years, and that's how she knew her and the family.

That being said, in it's infancy, I don't think people understood the forced drama and editing that went on behind the scenes on reality shows and probably the shows were a little more "pure". There's no way I'd be on this type of show because I don't have the kind of personality to put *it* all out there, but there's not a chance in the world that I would put my under aged children on any of these shows.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Newbie

Coming out of lurkdom to add to the what Dina's Ex knew and did not know about the show and the RH franchise in general.

REMEMBER the RHoNJ show was in taped and in the can possibly a year before it was aired in spring 2009. The Manso team had hired a lawyer to help with contracts and somehow Danielle was also involved. I'm not sure if it was rumor or one or the wives said Danielle refused to pay her part of the fees. It was either this or something else that caused Bravo to hold the show. Instead they released the first seasons of RHoNYC in spring 2008 and then ATL in October 2008. Season 1 of New Jersey was done or in progress before anyone would have seen the first seasons of NYC and ATL.

The only HW show available for comparison was OC Season 1, 2006 (Kimberly, Jo, Lauri, Jeana, Vicki and Tammy) and Season 2, 2007. Those first OC seasons really were the shopping with the girls and family situations that Dina probably had in mind. OC Season 3, Fall/Winter 2008 (Add Quinn and Tamra) was probably also shown after New Jersey had already finished.

So to say there was alot to compare to, no not really.

I think the interesting story here is why did Bravo leave the NJ show on the shelf in the first place...
    Last edited by chainey; 07-08-2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: ETA: KIZ you mentioned what I was saying about only one show on the air.

FORT Fogey

Welcome!!!!

Thanks for that information, it's really helpful. And it's true, even of the first season of New York. Truly, the most dramatic thing that happened between two of the women was the Ramona/Jill tennis match! It seems, to me, like they started to make the switch to endless drama in Atlanta, and then when Teresa's table flip and Danielle's crazytown show made ratings, Bravo kept it up.

FORT Fogey

Reality shows, before and after Housewives, have never done any adult any favors let alone children. These people were jumping at the chance at manufactured fame and the perks that come with it. Like any deal with the devil, there's always a price to pay.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chainey;3970952;
    Coming out of lurkdom to add to the what Dina's Ex knew and did not know about the show and the RH franchise in general.

REMEMBER the RHoNJ show was in taped and in the can possibly a year before it was aired in spring 2009. The Manso team had hired a lawyer to help with contracts and somehow Danielle was also involved. I'm not sure if it was rumor or one or the wives said Danielle refused to pay her part of the fees. It was either this or something else that caused Bravo to hold the show. Instead they released the first seasons of RHoNYC in spring 2008 and then ATL in October 2008. Season 1 of New Jersey was done or in progress before anyone would have seen the first seasons of NYC and ATL.

The only HW show available for comparison was OC Season 1, 2006 (Kimberly, Jo, Lauri, Jeana, Vicki and Tammy) and Season 2, 2007. Those first OC seasons really were the shopping with the girls and family situations that Dina probably had in mind. OC Season 3, Fall/Winter 2008 (Add Quinn and Tamra) was probably also shown after New Jersey had already finished.

So to say there was alot to compare to, no not really.

I think the interesting story here is why did Bravo leave the NJ show on the shelf in the first place...
    Thanks for posting this very important information. It is obvious that Dina and her husband didn't know how this show was going to turn out and people can stop blaming them for things out of their control.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3971153;
    That's possible, but then again, so is Santa. We needn't parse dates here. At the very least, he had notice of a season or two (how many does one need?) One (and I'm sorry for the caps, but you seem to like them) EPISODE of these wannabes parading on camera for an oh-so-fabulous moment to share would convince me never to be involved. The fact that some folks want to believe this tripe is fascinating to me, I hope they'll continue to contribute. It's an interesting sociological experiment. I just hope the kids have a chance.
    I think the dates are really important. He might have only seen the fun seasons of the only Housewive shows available at that time. Everyone is just assuming he had all the facts before signing on. But since Dina has stated before she thought she was signing up for something different and breaking down the timeline of the Housewive shows I don't know how you can argue that the dates aren't important.

+ Reply to Thread