+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2800Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

That must be where that money that I read family is giving them is going to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3968328;
    That is a principled position, and one I support. My (latest) problem with Caroline Manzo is that her ethics are situational. I would guess that if Lauren decided to strip for a living, Caroline would come back in one of her cameos and say, "Well, she's really good at it, and she's happy, so we're happy. It's really good exercise, and she's at the classiest Gentleman's Club in all of New Jersey. We're really proud of her. It's not at all like that skank palace Danielle goes to."

And we'd be treated to a visit to the club, with Mamma Manzo playing hostess with the mostest (and the club picking up the tab for promotional consideration).
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand how that's situational... She supports Chris in his endeavors into the world of the gentleman's clubs, and you're saying she would support Lauren. I would agree.

I wouldn't want anyone I cared about to be a stripper, but that would be less about the stripping and more about the environment they are surrounded by. I would be worried about the clientelle, about their bosses, etc. If I knew they were working in an environment where they were safe and paid well, working for bachelor's parties rather than drug dealers, then I'd be comfortable as long as they are comfortable.

FORT Fan

About the Guidices' ability to stay in their home: without getting too wonky, but as a real estate law professor, let me give a quick primer: mortgages, as secured interests in real estate, are outside the jurisdiction of federal bankruptcy courts. Mortgage foreclosures are subject to state law. So it's possible that the Guidices could go through bankruptcy and keep their house, depending on state law. But that's unlikely, given their debt:income ratio. Their income is unsufficient to pay the mortgage. Ubidiah's right that the family $10k/mo. gift income might be keeping them afloat. It's highly suspect.

Unsecured creditors (like credit cards and personal loans) will be subject to discharge in bankruptcy; secured creditors, like mortgagees, are not. This is why the date of the bankruptcy filing matters -- all unsecured debts accumulated prior are subject to discharge. Mortgagees have the right to foreclose regardless of the status of a bankruptcy if the borrower has defaulted on the mortgage. A bankruptcy can stay the execution of a foreclosure for a period of time, but it cannot stop it altogether. And a foreclosure does not trigger bankruptcy, although they often go together because many times debtors seek bankruptcy court protection at the same time they are going through foreclosure, just as the Guidices have done.

The only reason a mortgagee (lender) would seek relief in bankruptcy court is if they had a deficiency judgment against the borrower (they're owed more than the property nets through foreclosure). But many states, like California, have laws that preclude such recoveries except in very limited circumstances. Once a secured creditor gets a post-bankruptcy deficiency judgment, they can move to execute it against property owned by the debtor, forcing the property to be sold to satisfy the judgment. But state laws protect certain "homesteaded" equity in a primary residence. In a case like OJ Simpson, for instance, he moved to Florida because Florida law precludes a judgment creditor (the Goldmans) from executing against a primary residence (forcing its sale) in all cases.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-07-2010 at 05:00 PM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

This is making sense now. Danielle is leaking the info about Tess so the other side is giving up Danielle. Maybe the Manzo/Gudice side leaked the sex tape. Wonder what's next.

FORT Fan

Danielle's kids -- wow. Their countenances are so wholesome, their posture unaffected. I'm blown away by their natural beauty, unlike the prancing Gia and the rest of the rug-rutting Guidice gang. I don't know how Danielle did or does it, but something worked out right. I don't think you'll see either of these girls working any poles, unless it's with a capital P, and has something to do with international marketing or diplomacy.

And Lexi looks and smiles just like her mother.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-07-2010 at 06:39 PM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Beverly's daughters are reacting to their mentally challenged mother much in the same way children of an alcoholic reacts to a drunken parent. Frequently these children either follow in the errant parent's footsteps; or they take a tight turn in the opposite direction.

The Staub daughters, wiser than might be expected for their ages, have experienced a whole lotta' crazy with their thug mother, and for now at least it seems they are humiliated by her insanity, and perhaps are determined not to act just like mom.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

I worry about Danielle's daughters, because any stupid things they might do will have so much more consequence because of their mother's insanity. I mean, Christine is growing up in the model world with NO good role model, she's bound make a mistake or two. Which is fine, it's how we learn, but most of us have a mother or father or someone who will tell us exactly how stupid what we did was and keep us safe. Plus taking care of your mother as a child can make you pretty resentful. And on her latest blog Danielle says that Jillian has a single coming out on iTunes, which is horrifying to me.

About the article, I wonder what content Lexi's father found so offensive?? I have to assume that it was either Danielle or Teresa, with all their talk of sex and such. Because all of the scenes with Lexi and Dina I thought were very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3966023;
    ....I shall only watch it to see where they dine/shop, although I can guess pretty well.
    Well, I'm on the left coast, and already know where Beverly Hills folks hang. I have no interest otherwise.........they're really into charities. YAWN. I think I'm "housewived" out.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3969063;
    About the article, I wonder what content Lexi's father found so offensive?? I have to assume that it was either Danielle or Teresa, with all their talk of sex and such. Because all of the scenes with Lexi and Dina I thought were very sweet.
    The content he found inappropriate: Teresa's incessant talk about her sex life, Danielle bringing up phone sex and how open she is with her daughters, Teresa talking about daily "stuff" with Steve, The Book and it's contents that were repeated every chance they could, the table-flipping showdown and inappropriate comments made by Danielle and Teresa (she may have left the room but you know she watched it later), then there were the comments that Lexi made that people commented on such as "she didn't want a fat mom".

I agree that she and other minor kids should have been taken off this show. If it were OC or NY it may be different but this cast sank quickly into the gutter.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread