+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2902Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I understand filing for bankruptcy in some cases, where loss of job, illness, or some unpredictable circumstance happens. Then the people really do need a break to survive.
    But I have a problem with people who just over spend greatly, like Teresa and Joe, and then hide behind the law and won't have to pay all that they owe. I don't know that much about BK rules but I thought after filing they only had to pay some or a percentage of what they owe, meaning they don't lose everything. But then those that are owed 100% of whatever they bought are out that money and only get a small compensation. Doesn't that put them in financial difficulty also??
    It just doesn't seem fair to me. Sounds more like a legal scam for those who know how to play the system.

FORT Fogey

Didn't I read that family is providing them with $10,000 per month? So, they defaulted on 11 million, he allegedly stole one million, and family has been supplementing their income for some period of time. Jeez, and those idiots bred. A lot.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3965725;
    Didn't I read that family is providing them with $10,000 per month? So, they defaulted on 11 million, he allegedly stole one million, and family has been supplementing their income for some period of time. Jeez, and those idiots bred. A lot.
    That was in their bankruptcy petition. Since they aren't related to the Manzos by blood, we can only assume these are other Guidice connections. To famiglia. And I'm thinking, after seeing Joe without his shirt on in the birthing episode, that "Juicy" might also refer to him being juiced, which might explain the need for fertility clinic help in conceiving the latest in their brood.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-06-2010 at 02:07 AM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3965757;
    That was in their bankruptcy petition. Since they aren't related to the Manzos by blood, we can only assume these are other Guidice connections. To famiglia. And I'm thinking, after seeing Joe without his shirt on in the birthing episode, that "Juicy" might also refer to him being juiced, which might explain the need for fertility clinic help in conceiving the latest in their brood.
    I've actually been wondering for quite some time if Joe G was on steroids. His build would suggest it, certainly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3960161;
    None of them, with the exception of the charitable Dina, have done anything particularly admirable for all their time and money. As a woman, I'm offended that Caroline would encourage her young son to promote the stripping industry.
    If Lauren were promoting male strippers would that be different? (Just asking.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3960627;
    You are hardly an idiot - it's not silly to think that Teresa is related, considering how close they are. From the one time I saw Tommy Manzo, he didn't particularly resemble Albert, so the family resemblance on that side isn't as strong I guess, and Joe could easily be related. I think Dina, Caroline, their sisters, and Chris all look very similar.
    Tommy Manzo does look like an older version of Chris though. He certainly sounds like Chris.

Danielle isn't scared of the Manzos. She thrives on their drama. She wants them to be scared of her, to feel like they need to invite her to things to keep her happy, etc. Neither side was spotless in the Dina vs. Danielle war, but Danielle was no victim!
    And I think it's important to remember that when Dina portrays/ed herself as the serene queen, the Dalai Lama's biggest fan, the doer of only what is right.

Actually, let me amend myself. Danielle, I think, is afraid of Caroline...
    So are most people. Have you seen her hands? Those are stranglin' hands.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3960741;
    You have to realize that everybody agreed to be on the show -- that's why they're there. Danielle isn't THAT bad where they're about to give up their 15 minutes of fame. Besides, I'm sure Dina still runs into Danielle since the families interact with each other in some form or another. If Bravo gets rid of Danielle, there's no show at this point. Not with the same characters. The entire show is all about hatred for Danielle -- no Danielle, then what? Personally, I this this show is a dud.
    It's getting that way. They've got a dead horse but they keep flogging it. At least the NY and OC ladies do things. This bunch sits, consumes, and whines. Somehow they seem even more empty-headed than the OC ladies. I can almost understand why Alex (RHONY) won't live in the suburbs if that's what she thinks the 'bridge and tunnel people' are like.

I find Washington Housewives a turn-off. Don't know why -- I really resent those gatecrashers and now I hear that whole debacle was a Bravo setup. Don't know how true that is.
    I shall only watch it to see where they dine/shop, although I can guess pretty well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;3961063;
    It's widely speculated that the show is heavily scripted, if that is the case, then Dina is most likely contractually obligated to interact with Danielle. Which also means Caroline is. So, yes, I can see that Caroline will soon be done as well. Personally, I find Danielle horrible and would much rather watch the others lunch and shop, than endure the Prostitution Whore on a weekly basis.
    Nah, I'd miss Doctor Dementa if she were to be eased out. So far I haven't seen enough of a personality to the show that I think it could do without the endless Danielle-drama. Plus my sympathy for the underdog still means that I keep hoping (not expecting) that she will redeem herself or that she'll grow up or that she'll find a man or something.

I totally agree with you on DC, I will be taking a break from that Bravo trainwreck.
    Andy realizes this - he put a big statement out about 'no matter what you may feel about the Salahi's blah blah blah. Thing is I saw them interviewed on local cable and they're even more objectionable and slimy than I thought possible.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3961261;
    I have no idea what's in any of their contracts, but I'd guess that if she had wanted to continue, she'd have to come into contact with Danielle. I did watch the WWHL show that Dina was on after she called it quits from the show.
    She comes across as very down to earth. It appeared that she was just totally fed up with all the Danielle cr*p and didn't want a part of it any more.
    There has to be more to it than that. Where was the confrontation between Danielle and Dina this season that Dina didn't engineer (at the sofa showroom/restaurant)? Everyone else said that Danielle was welcome at the Brownstone no matter their private feelings about her and managed to deal with it, Dina couldn't and that was the ostensible reason for her leaving the show.

But: Her husband was the only husband not to be on. Then her daughter disappeared from view. Finally she just seemed to sort of collapse into smudgey cuteness. I think she wanted off for her own reasons and Danielle and drama provided a good excuse/opportunity to blame Danielle OR there was even darker more dangerous stuff going on that Danielle did.

Last season, Danielle seemed to place all the blame for "the book" at Dina's feet. Dina seems very non confrontational and I trust that she just thought, I'm done with this.
    I call BS on her protestations of innocence wrt 'the book.' She looked nervous, probably because she was afraid Danielle might, if provoked, reveal her own sins to all and sundry (and the home audience). Which is why she jumped around the room like a cat on a hot tin roof and why her sister had to step in and semi-effectively rescue her. I think Danielle tried to destroy Dina over a pay dispute and Dina tried (ineffectively) to return the favour. I'm not calling Dina a b*tch but I am saying she's not as pure as the driven snow.

I would imagine, too, that her husband's refusal to be on the show made it easier for her to exit. All the other husbands don't seem to mind the cameras following them.
    And Tommy didn't mind being on My Horrid Over The Top Wedding (or whatever it was called), admitting his cheating and such, did he? He suddenly found a love of privacy????

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3966016;
    If Lauren were promoting male strippers would that be different? (Just asking.)

It would certainly be tacky, and I would disapprove but maybe not for exactly the same reasons. Men don't suffer wholesale from objectification the way women do. I wouldn't want any of my smart, beautiful children mixed up in the seedy club business.

+ Reply to Thread