+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3474Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3964458;
    Obviously, what we're watching has been filmed many months ago, pre-BK filing. I would think if anything is going to be addressed, it would have to be on reunion show or next season -- and I highly doubt that. If she had any brains (so much for THAT concept), she wouldn't come back next season so she wouldn't have to deal with it. Or they could just ignore it. If she did come back, she has absolutely no right to find fault with Danielle and her "criminal" history.
    These episodes were filmed late last year/early this year, which would have been just after their bankruptcy filing, yet they still threw that ostentatious housewarming party.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3964491;
    These episodes were filmed late last year/early this year, which would have been just after their bankruptcy filing, yet they still threw that ostentatious housewarming party.
    Sorry, but I meant when it became public knowledge that they had filed BK -- they have absolutely no regard for $$$$$ - that's why they got so much in debt.............the new forgery charges are on top of all that. They should be arrested just for bad taste (i.e., that mausoleum they live in).

If we have gotten nothing else out of this show, we have gotten the awesome phrase 'Prostitution Whore'. This alone makes the hours wasted watching these people worth it

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3964641;
    If we have gotten nothing else out of this show, we have gotten the awesome phrase 'Prostitution Whore'. This alone makes the hours wasted watching these people worth it
    LOL ... and I also learned the fine arts of table-flipping and ham-flinging, and I hereby swear that I will never get Botox or lip injections, no matter how bad I think I look, because apparently there is a huge chance that I will come out looking worse.

Oh, gosh, the JuicyJoe Family in more trouble? And I thought they were the uppercrust of Franklin Lakes society.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3964481;
    Personally, I think there's a big difference between drugs, prostitution, and kidnapping and going bankrupt. This new lawsuit, I'm going to hold off judgment until it all plays out. I have a hard time believing this happened without Joe's partner knowing anything about it.
    Joe's partner has already won the court case and award involving the forgery (civil case). The Guidices filed for bankruptcy four days later and now argue that they should not have to pay the judgment, because they are in bankruptcy. I too see a difference between the charges against Danielle in the past and these. These involve outright fraud. I hope the IRS (and possibly RICO) nail these grifters. I also hope the IRS turns up unreported assets, which will nullify any chance they have for Chapter 7.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Right. And Danielle's crimes put other people's actual lives in danger..... There's no defending Joe's actions, but I hope for the sake of their four daughters that they get it together and move on with their lives, rebuilding a healthier financial situation. Remember that there are four little girls involved here. I also don't know how much Teresa knew about the financial situation, and I doubt she knew about this until after the fact. She just doesn't seem the type to pay attention or ask questions when her husband says "I've got it covered."

FORT Fan

As long as Theresa's getting her daily bang from Juicy Joe (which she reminds us of regularly) and he's leaving a wad of cash on the dresser, she's not the type to wonder aloud where the money came from. Still, it's hard to be that dumb about everything. Dumb to the tune of $11 mil. requires a level of negligence bordering on the criminal, if she's not actually culpable.

The children will indeed be affected by their parents' economic and sexual profligacy (no one wants to know about their folks' sexual habits -- and theirs will be known by all their classmates too), the Guidice's tendencies toward violence and their need for the spotlight. But parents bear the primary responsibility for their children. If they were all that concerned about their well-being, we wouldn't know who they are.

Besides, look at all the good reality TV has done for Albie! No more of that nasty, hard law school stuff, he's on to WWHL and Millionaire Matchmaker! And Gia's already had a few auditions and only flunked one diction lesson!
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3965451;
    As long as Theresa's getting her daily bang from Juicy Joe (which she reminds us of regularly) and he's leaving a wad of cash on the dresser, she's not the type to wonder aloud where the money came from. Still, it's hard to be that dumb about everything. Dumb to the tune of $11 mil. requires a level of negligence bordering on the criminal, if she's not actually culpable
    Don't forget,Bred, sometimes it's actually TWICE a day or so she's told us!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3965590;
    Don't forget,Bred, sometimes it's actually TWICE a day or so she's told us!
    My bad. It's hard to keep up with them (unless you're a rabbit).

And as to Caroline wanting Albert Sr. to retire, let me just say that if I were married to Caroline Manzo, I too would work 16 hours a day. And I'd take up golf (again). And fishing. Maybe bird-watching.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-06-2010 at 02:20 AM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

+ Reply to Thread