+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2810Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Lexi is Dina's daughter from a prior marriage. Her current husband, Tommy, is Albert's brother and partner in the Brownstone.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bredincaptivity;3960820;
    Lexi is Dina's daughter from a prior marriage. Her current husband, Tommy, is Albert's brother and partner in the Brownstone.
    That's right...duh.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Right. And I got the feeling, from last season, that while maybe the divorce is civil, they're certainly not close, Dina and Lexi's father. So Danielle could have done real damage.

I don't know about any of you but BRAVO could not pay me enough money (Teresa)that I would have to subject myself to confront a insane, demented fool in Danielle. If I were you I would gather what little diginity I had left & leave the show. There is not enough money or the remote possibility of my child getting the opportunity at an acting career so as to subject my children, husband & myself to this nonsense. I wouldn't care if I were 12 million in debt, I would live in a trailer park (no offense to anyone living in such residences), no marble mansion is worth this.
    Jacquiline, sigh...I won't even go into your lack of understanding HOW to parent an adult CHILD.
    I won't even type my opinions about Danielle.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3960741;
    You have to realize that everybody agreed to be on the show -- that's why they're there. Danielle isn't THAT bad where they're about to give up their 15 minutes of fame. Besides, I'm sure Dina still runs into Danielle since the families interact with each other in some form or another. If Bravo gets rid of Danielle, there's no show at this point. Not with the same characters. The entire show is all about hatred for Danielle -- no Danielle, then what? Personally, I this this show is a dud.

I find Washington Housewives a turn-off. Don't know why -- I really resent those gatecrashers and now I hear that whole debacle was a Bravo setup. Don't know how true that is.

Then Kelsey Grammar and Camille getting divorce -- curious if they started/finished filming the Beverly Hills HW. That one hasn't interested me either............yet. Then again, RHONY totally wore me out.
    It's widely speculated that the show is heavily scripted, if that is the case, then Dina is most likely contractually obligated to interact with Danielle. Which also means Caroline is. So, yes, I can see that Caroline will soon be done as well. Personally, I find Danielle horrible and would much rather watch the others lunch and shop, than endure the Prostitution Whore on a weekly basis.

I totally agree with you on DC, I will be taking a break from that Bravo trainwreck.

I'm also up in the air with Beverly Hills. Read that filming started in March, and that they are still filming, I wonder if any of it will play out for the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3960795;
    Thanks. So then Lexi was pulled from the show, and then Dina left as she wanted no parts of Danielle. Okay, are Dina and her husband together as she says "this is my husband's business" (Brownstone) so why a custody agreement? I know he didn't sign on to the show.
    Tommy, along with Albert, owns the Brownstone.
    He is not Lexie's father. He is Dina's second husband.
    Both Dina and Caroline never said that it was Dina's first husband / Lexie's father, who stopped Lexie from being filmed for the show. It was speculated upon, but never backed up by facts that Danielle had something to do with Lexie no longer being on the show.
    Dina and Tommy are still together.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;3961063;
    It's widely speculated that the show is heavily scripted, if that is the case, then Dina is most likely contractually obligated to interact with Danielle. Which also means Caroline is. So, yes, I can see that Caroline will soon be done as well. Personally, I find Danielle horrible and would much rather watch the others lunch and shop, than endure the Prostitution Whore on a weekly basis.
    Even if it's not heavily scripted, there's always something in the contract about how the ladies have to interact with each other a few times during the season. I think it's that there has to be an event to which all the ladies are invited, and they may choose not to come. For New York there were several, but I think the one that was to fulfill the contract was the ill-fated renewal getaway. But I also think that you can say, in your contract, I will not film with this person and it can happen. I think maybe Caroline did that, and Dina didn't, and so the only way to get away from her was to get off the show?

Although, I truly think Danielle is crazy enough that maybe Dina couldn't avoid her even if there wasn't something in her contract where she had to interact with them.

I have no idea what's in any of their contracts, but I'd guess that if she had wanted to continue, she'd have to come into contact with Danielle. I did watch the WWHL show that Dina was on after she called it quits from the show.
    She comes across as very down to earth. It appeared that she was just totally fed up with all the Danielle cr*p and didn't want a part of it any more.
    Last season, Danielle seemed to place all the blame for "the book" at Dina's feet. Dina seems very non confrontational and I trust that she just thought, I'm done with this. She did thank the show for having brought so much attention to her charity. So, I think she did get a lot out of it in that regard.
    I would imagine, too, that her husband's refusal to be on the show made it easier for her to exit. All the other husbands don't seem to mind the cameras following them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3960161;
    None of them, with the exception of the charitable Dina, have done anything particularly admirable for all their time and money. As a woman, I'm offended that Caroline would encourage her young son to promote the stripping industry.
    And for me, as a father of five children and two daughters, I agree wholeheartedly that these objectifications of women should not be promoted or countenanced.
    Last edited by Bredincaptivity; 07-03-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;3961063;
    I totally agree with you on DC, I will be taking a break from that Bravo trainwreck.

I'm also up in the air with Beverly Hills. Read that filming started in March, and that they are still filming, I wonder if any of it will play out for the cameras.
    Gosh, I wish I could have those same high standards re watching these shows. I admire that.
    I'd love to think I'm above watching such trash but like the proverbial train wreck, I'll be sucked right in and watch every single episode and wonder what's wrong with me. I can't stop myself and find them deliciously horrible.

+ Reply to Thread