+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3476Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

None of them, with the exception of the charitable Dina, have done anything particularly admirable for all their time and money. As a woman, I'm offended that Caroline would encourage her young son to promote the stripping industry.

FORT Fan

Dina ... I'm so mad Bravo let that Prostitution Whore run her off the show. I'm getting the feeling that Caroline might be next, she seems so desperate to talk about anything other than Danielle.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3960161;
    None of them, with the exception of the charitable Dina, have done anything particularly admirable for all their time and money. As a woman, I'm offended that Caroline would encourage her young son to promote the stripping industry.
    Okay, for some reason, I thought I read a post that you wrote saying "I'm speaking as a man" and thought you were a man! I fail. I want to apologize now if I ever referred to you as the wrong gender!!!! (my multiple exclamation points here refer to the depth of my apologies for this mix up).

I don't understand how Caroline is okay with the stripping either, but then, I don't find being a stripper as offensive as some people (although I totally get why they find it offensive). For the entirety of the show, her attitude has been "No, I don't want him to own a strip club, but I want him to do what makes him happy, so he better run a respectable strip club." I wonder, though, if her attitude would be the same if Lauren wanted to be a stripper?
    Last edited by tears.and.rain; 07-02-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3960161;
    Amen to that!

I do not think Bred's post was insulting to hard working tradespeople in general, but it made the specific observation that the Manzo's seem to be satisfieid with their kids' goals, and that those goals seem to be quite modest given the advantages these kids have enjoyed.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3960196;
    Okay, for some reason, I thought I read a post that you wrote saying "I'm speaking as a man" and thought you were a man! I fail. I want to apologize now if I ever referred to you as the wrong gender!!!!
    Nope, I'm a dame.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;3959963;
    You have got to be kidding.

I totally agree with tears.and.rain here. And I was so relieved to actually see something on this show that didn't have anything to do with Danielle. She is single-handedly killed the series, IMO. Also, in regards to the conversation between Caroline and Albert in the kitchen - he winked at her in the very beginning, I thought the conversation was very sweet.
    I missed this conversation, probably leading to some of my confusion, but I totally agree with you. We need to have something that's not Danielle centric. I, for one, think it could be very interesting to watch and see how Caroline deals with her empty nest and a husband who works so much. I would like to see how Teresa and Joe scale back and work themselves out of debt. I'd love to be able to focus on how Jacqueline is dealing with an out-of-control teenager, while raising two small children. I think this would be more interesting, because they're common issues that so many people can relate to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ubidiah;3960206;
    Nope, I'm a dame.
    I am SO sorry.

The 2 Kims are sisters-in-law but does anyone know how? Are they married to brothers, or is it that one's the sister and the other the brother's wife?? I'm just curious how they are connected. Anyhoooo, I believe they got together to create drama in a place they would be sure to be front and center. Since they are going back and forth with the Manzos/Danielle, you know they are conspiring together. I can just see Grandma Kim telling Drunk Kim "You have a fashion show and get as many of THAT side there and I'll get Danielle there and we'll make sure something happens." I heard someone at Posche talking about working on the seating chart, I'm betting so that the glares could be captured easier on film.

Just one more polite request ... if you must confront/respond to another poster please do it via PM instead of here. I feel we're getting close to a line and we need this thread to discuss those that put themselves on tv to be praised, razed, hazed and just all around torn to shreds.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Wait, what? They're sister-in-laws???

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;3960266;
    Wait, what? They're sister-in-laws???
    Kim G. says they are in this article:

'Real Housewives of NJ': Kim Granatell on joining the cast, 'I have the goods' - The Dish Rag - Zap2it
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread