+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Right.... and the first step, for her, was talking to her husband about cutting back his hours because she'd like to spend more time with him. How is that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3959317;
    .....I don't know why everyone thinks that Caroline's feeling of loneliness and sadness is because she doesn't have enough to do. She has LOTS to do. But that doesn't change the fact that when she comes home, her husband isn't home, and her kids aren't home. I think it's completely reasonable for her to want her husband to spend more time with her. No hobby will replace that.
    If she has LOTS to do (and I, too, agree she does), she shouldn't be lonely and sad. For Dame Manzo to TELL him to retire is ridiculous. Selfish. Hubby does not want to retire nor should he until HE's ready to. One doesn't have to retire to spend more time with someone. And with her kids STILL at home? She's got the famiglia to "keep her company." No sympathy from me. I may be 180 degrees out, but since I can't stand the whole lot of them, it's hard to focus on anything she says beyond "hello." I'm under the impression that she does have plenty to do and when they (she, actually) were discussing it, it looked like real bad acting and so insincere. Can't imagine spending day after day with someone who seems so indifferent and expressionless (him, not her). I've really tried to give this show a chance; however, the characters here are not interesting,same Danielle storyline, phonies, "my family is the best in the free world," Theresa, that it's very difficult for me to watch badly behaved adults week after week. I keep trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3958800;
    YES!!!! I have always stated that you are a parent from the second they take their first breath until you take your last; your kids, no matter how old, come first........This past winter I had a mastectomy & BEGGED my Mom to come & stay with me & take care of me. She straight-out refused because church came first. Me, I would have slept on the floor next to my child.
    Wow, what a horrible story. So glad you turned it around with YOUR kids. I totally understand what you're saying. Amazing how there are mothers and there are mothers. You go, girl.

FORT Fogey

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where she demanded that he retire. I saw them have a conversation in which he said he could maybe cut down from working 16 hour days to 12 hour days. If he is truly working that much a day, then she probably isn't seeing him much at all. Also, she openly stated that she asked for retirement because she knew he wouldn't do it, but that they could compromise and he could cut his hours back.

And, like I said, she married her husband because she loves him, and so no, businesses and charity work and girl friends are NOT going to take the place of what's missing. I get the feeling that if someone's husband was an athlete or something and had to be away from home on business all the time, you would not say that she shouldn't miss him and be sad about not seeing him simply because she has a job and other friends, would you??

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3959363;
    Right.... and the first step, for her, was talking to her husband about cutting back his hours because she'd like to spend more time with him. How is that wrong?
    Well, to be truthful, the first step, for her, was to shop the story line to Bravo, get them on board, and then schedule and stage an interaction with her husband where she demands that he retire -- in front of a production crew and cameras. I can see a lot wrong with that, if she is in fact being sincere in her angst. But it's dramatic because drama = ratings = money for Bravo = money for the Manzos, which seems to be their only currency.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts -- Daniel Patrick Moynahan

FORT Fogey

On other reality shows, it's not uncommon for producers to use information about the people on the show to manipulate reactions and emotions on camera. Someone could have provoked Caroline's reaction in other words.

FORT Fogey

Right. Certainly there was some "show interference" so to speak, but that doesn't mean it's not a real issue, and this may not be the first time she's discussed it with Albert.

FORT Fogey

His response was for her to get a job. I think that is where Albert is coming from. If she has two businesses, it doesn't seem as though Albert considers them work.

Sorry, I'm not "in" on the "discussion" that is currently going on. I just wanted to say that I like the fact that Caroline has managed to avoid Danielle at any of the events that have happened. Dina did it to a degree but (I guess) felt that she had to leave the show rather that deal with that loser. It's the two sister in laws that won't give up the Danielle situation.
    Someone mentioned that Joe isn't such a bad guy. My opinion has changed about THAT family. Him and Teresa may have done their bankruptcy thing legally but they are no better than common crooks! They continued to live a lavish lifestyle knowing that they weren't going to pay ANYONE! They are horrible human beings! Dina seemed OK and she always said nice things about Teresa and her family. Silly me! I believed her!

Caroline did ask Albert to retire when she first brought up the empty nest situation and they were in their kitchen. She didn't repeat that request when they were at dinner on their "date night."
    Unfortunately, many men who retire before they are ready or don't have a back up plan to stay busy and productive, soon die. Most men thrive on working, producing but if they don't feel like they are contributing to society, family, etc, they feel useless and unneeded....hence an earlier death.

+ Reply to Thread