+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2786Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Caroline probably started going through the change of life more recently, with all its attendant issues including her kids becoming adults and not needing her so much
    I am not really persuaded that Caroline's in menopause (average onset is 51.5 years). She doesn't appear to be estrogen starved I am sure that the hormonal changes can make women in menopause more emotional - but, unless she was a complete nut case before signing on with Bravo, why would she be sharing these moments with a TV audience? I'm not buying it.

I suspect that they are just introducing new, half-baked storylines in the show. It's in need of some! The same may be true for the empty-nest blues. Who would share this compelling, sad, and challenging phase of life with millions of viewers? It's just too personal.

Even that old mug shot of Danielle, in when she was younger and her face unchanged, she doesn't look a thing like her daughters. Those girls concern me, though. Ashley Holmes said some pretty scandalous things about Christine and boys and hot tubs. I hope someone in their lives puts them first, but it looks kind of bleak.
    Ashley pulled that formsping page down just a few hours after she posted that garbage (even though she prefaced those comments by saying they are gossip). I suspect she made it up and someone advised her to delete the page. I also suspect she's quite jealous of Christine Staub - there's the fact that Christine is having a shot at something Ashley's always wanted to pursue, and there's Christine's academic success as opposed to Ashley's failures (at the same high school).

Danielle's kids seem to be most well-adjusted normal kids on the show, imo. Say what you will about their mom, they didn't raise themselves

Christine's lookbook:

Fashion Model: Christine Staub - With IMG Models Modeling Agency : LookBooks™

Old photos of Danielle (and other houswives):

The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Photos | Bravo TV Official Site
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3956981;
    [/B]

My point is that while she is doing nothing, she should start doing something and she will eventually find where she feels she fits. Excercising is a great place to start. It helps clear the mind and focus thoughts. She can plan a trip with hubby, and then tell him about it; she needs to plan it for a time down the road when he can rearrange his schedule to be off. There are so many things she can do. The only thing she is limited by is her imagination.

I am talking about her being proactive, instead of wallowing. Any little thing is better than nothing. Been there, done that.
    I'm sorry, but it really seems like you're judging without knowing anything. You don't know if she has tried to do things with Albert down the road. For all we know, she's done exactly that and he's said he couldn't get time off. I don't think she's wallowing at all - if she were wallowing, we would have seen it all season. This is the first we're hearing of it, at the end of the season. It's starting to feel like Kelly's around to be the "feelings police", since they're so 1979.

I still think Danielle's daughters inherited their genes from the father.
    It appears that Danielle has had that "velociraptor" look for a pretty long time.
    In fairness, though, I have no idea how she looked way back when, since none of the pictures seems to go back that far.
    I have no idea whether Caroline is going through menopause. And, an average age of onset in the US is just that - an average. It also doesn't take into account perimenopause which can last for up to 10 years and can have even worse symptoms than menopause. I think we've seen that Caroline's family means the world to her and she's experiencing difficulty because they're flying the nest. Totally understandable based on what we've seen of her thus far on the show. I do actually sense that there's a lot of love between she / hubby.
    I happened to see a repeat of the "stripper pole episode" last night.
    Did anybody notice one of the stripper club employees who was a brunette in the epi? She had long dark hair - was not dressed in shorts.
    I did a double take as she looked just like Jake's ex, Vienna, when the latter was a brunette.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3957002;
    I am not really persuaded that Caroline's in menopause (average onset is 51.5 years). She doesn't appear to be estrogen starved I am sure that the hormonal changes can make women in menopause more emotional - but, unless she was a complete nut case before signing on with Bravo, why would she be sharing these moments with a TV audience? I'm not buying it.

I suspect that they are just introducing new, half-baked storylines in the show. It's in need of some! The same may be true for the empty-nest blues. Who would share this compelling, sad, and challenging phase of life with millions of viewers? It's just too personal.

Ashley pulled that formsping page down just a few hours after she posted that garbage (even though she prefaced those comments by saying they are gossip). I suspect she made it up and someone advised her to delete the page. I also suspect she's quite jealous of Christine Staub - there's the fact that Christine is having a shot at something Ashley's always wanted to pursue, and there's Christine's academic success as opposed to Ashley's failures (at the same high school).

Danielle's kids seem to be most well-adjusted normal kids on the show, imo. Say what you will about their mom, they didn't raise themselves

Christine's lookbook:

Fashion Model: Christine Staub - With IMG Models Modeling Agency : LookBooks™

Old photos of Danielle (and other houswives):

The Real Housewives of New Jersey - Photos | Bravo TV Official Site
    I haven't really cared for Christine since she said she hated her sister's mouth or nose or whatever it was. It just seemed a needlessly mean thing to say under the circumstances, especially considering she's considerably older than her sister.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3957049;
    It appears that Danielle has had that "velociraptor" look for a pretty long time.
    In fairness, though, I have no idea how she looked way back when, since none of the pictures seems to go back that far.
    I have no idea whether Caroline is going through menopause. And, an average age of onset in the US is just that - an average. It also doesn't take into account perimenopause which can last for up to 10 years and can have even worse symptoms than menopause. I think we've seen that Caroline's family means the world to her and she's experiencing difficulty because they're flying the nest. Totally understandable based on what we've seen of her thus far on the show. I do actually sense that there's a lot of love between she / hubby.
    "Velociraptor look"! That's hilarious ... and so true!

I don't know if menopause or peri-menopause has anything to do with the way Caroline is feeling ... just seems it might. She's around that age. For me, the Big M happened at 48, with tons of feelings of emotional upheaval, sadness, depression, and even anger and generally not feeling well physically, either, leading up to and through it (and out the other side until I went on bioidenticall HRT, but I won't go into that). Isn't it wonderful if you can just pick yourself up right away and run right out to volunteer or start a new career, but for most people it's not like that. Most of us have to come to some kind of terms with what is going on, what we're feeling, and what we want to do about it before running off to do something. That's being proactive, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3957022;
    I'm sorry, but it really seems like you're judging without knowing anything. You don't know if she has tried to do things with Albert down the road. For all we know, she's done exactly that and he's said he couldn't get time off. I don't think she's wallowing at all - if she were wallowing, we would have seen it all season. This is the first we're hearing of it, at the end of the season. It's starting to feel like Kelly's around to be the "feelings police", since they're so 1979.
    I agree, I don't see her wallowing about this. She wants to spend more time with her husband and she's sad because her kids are old enough that they are probably only home when they need to sleep (we don't know how much cooking she does for her kids or if she even does their laundry...which is not direct anything but I'm sure someone will bring it up). I don't know why it's such a stretch that a mother who was once needed by 3 (probably 4) other people who suddenly finds herself not being needed as much would feel a little upset/lonely/needy about that. I'm not a mother but I imagine that Caroline is not acting out of the norm.

Also, I going to guess that Caroline is in her late 40's/early 50's so it's absolutely possible that she's starting to go through 'the change'.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 06-30-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3957049;
    LOL and I agree. Even after looking at those pictures that were posted above I still don't see Christine looking all that much like Danielle.
    Last edited by Hobbes07; 06-30-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07 View Post
    I don't know why it's such a stretch that a mother who was once needed by 3 (probably 4) other people who suddenly finds herself not being needed as much would feel a little upset/lonely/needy about that.
    I think what's a bit out of kilter with this new aspect of Caroline's life is that there would be nothing sudden about it. Her children have been adults for quite some time, and have lived with her all along. She's had a slow and gradual weaning from their adolescent needs. BTW, she will be 49 this August.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3957282;
    I still don't see Christine looking all that much like Danielle.
    I think those pictures show that her daughters have both inherited her chin, her jawline, her eyebrows, and probably her nose. The jawlines and chins are the most apparent to me. Oh, and possibly the almond shaped eyes. In other words, her best features.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 06-30-2010 at 07:02 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3957411;
    I think what's a bit out of kilter with this new aspect of Caroline's life is that there would be nothing sudden about it. Her children have been adults for quite some time, and have lived with her all along. She's had a slow and gradual weaning from their adolescent needs. BTW, she will be 49 this August.
    Except that even though her kids have been adults for some time, they haven't just stopped needing her. They've been in college, or living at home. Lauren and Christopher weren't showing ANY signs of moving on last season, and now they are. I think part of the problem is that they've lived with her all along. If each one graduated, went to college, and moved out, it would have been much more gradual, rather than it all hitting her at the same time now.

Besides, we don't know how long she's been feeling like this. Maybe it's been building up, a niggling thought to a full-blown issue. I think this is most likely, considering that's how it's been for my mom and all my friends' moms.

I just think it's bizarre that so few people have any sympathy for her. After all, this is one of the most real things we've been shown yet, and a nice respite from the likes of Lynne, who is so uninvolved and such a lazy parent that her children are basically allowed to drink while underage and behave atrociously.

+ Reply to Thread