+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2847Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

I think I watch this show just to be constantly surprised at what they come up w/next.
    I laughed out loud when Danielle remarked that Paris Hilton taught her to pretend to use her cell phone (at the fashion show). Guess I missed reading about their close relationship...and when would knowing Paris Hilton ever elevate anyone's position in life?

Teresa was gunning for a battle. She kept pushing and pushing Danielle to get a negative reaction out of her.

Jacquline may seem like an air head but she knew Teresa was just baiting Danielle to start something and she wanted a front row seat.

Kim G looks ridiculous wearing such a short skirt. Why would anyone wear an old lady hairdo w/ a sparkly mini mini dress? All it does is accentuate the fact that she's an old woman trying to still look like a young girl. I feel ok saying that because I'm a couple years older than Kim G and I'm always checking to make sure I don't look like I"m trying too hard to look young. It's a pathetic look.

Caroline is probably starting or in the middle of menopause and you do tend to not make sense a lot of the time because your hormone fluctuations can cause "feelings" to over rule your logic. But trying to get your husband to solve your problems by retiring or cutting back on his hours is definitely not the solution. They may still be at home but she can see the writing on the wall and feel the effect it will have on her. Women who devote themselves to their families (like I did) need to think ahead and have some plans for what they want to do when the kids are gone. I put off my art work until after the kids left, go to classes, do volunteer work, and a million other things. So much that at times I wish I had more free time. I guess she really does need to fill her time because I noticed she said to one of the boys that she had just gone to the movies during the day on the last show. Nothing wrong w/that if you have the time but it won't be very fulfilling in the long run.

Danielle is super, super looney tunes just like Kelly Bensimmon on RHONYC so who can even attempt to understand why she does what she does?

couldn't help noticing at that fashion show that all the women present, no matter how much money they have, how many diamonds or fur coats they have still come off somewhat trashy, low class and as soon as they speak, they confirm it. Funny but they haven't a clue as to how they portray themselves. As the Countess says, "Money can't buy you class."

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3956074;
    I was thinking that - Danielle could have, probably did, look quite pretty and a bit exotic even. But she went all angular and her eyebrows are frozen in a permanently surprised look. Not that the others are much - Shop Kim should be told that the 80's spiky hair dyed flat blond died out with the Reagan-Bush years.
    I actually can't see any of Danielle in either of her daughters. I mean, granted, Danielle has had a lot of plastic surgery but, other than Danielle being skinny, I can't even get a glimpse of her daughters resembling her. I wonder if they look more like their dad than Danielle.

On the subject of Albert being disconnected from Caroline. I think Christopher seems more disconnected from Jacqueline or more inconvenience by her. As if whenever she walks into the room he thinks 'what does she want now!'

FORT Fogey

Even that old mug shot of Danielle, in when she was younger and her face unchanged, she doesn't look a thing like her daughters. Those girls concern me, though. Ashley Holmes said some pretty scandalous things about Christine and boys and hot tubs. I hope someone in their lives puts them first, but it looks kind of bleak.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;3956437;
    I think I watch this show just to be constantly surprised at what they come up w/next.
    I laughed out loud when Danielle remarked that Paris Hilton taught her to pretend to use her cell phone (at the fashion show). Guess I missed reading about their close relationship...and when would knowing Paris Hilton ever elevate anyone's position in life?
    Everything with Danielle and Paris is about fake for the cameras. How uncomfortable to be at Danielle's table. Not that the other table was behaving itself - quite the opposite, they were baiting Danielle but as the Thick Thief said, you win by doing nothing. Phrased differently: The best revenge is to live well.

Teresa was gunning for a battle. She kept pushing and pushing Danielle to get a negative reaction out of her.
    Utterly apparent from her b*tching that, from her angled away wing chair which hid her (and the cameras wouldn't have been a give away), she had to say 'hello' first. How childish.

Danielle congratulated Teresa on little Gia's being in a fashion show (did Tess congratulate Danielle on Christine or just mention it?). Danielle merely demurred when Tess said that she is always trying to be nice (ha!) and said "No, I don't know you that way." (Not "No, you're a scheming b*tch who loves picking a fight.")

Then when Danielle said that she didn't find it a friendly conversation (which it certainly wasn't, despite Tess's sneering attempt to make it so, saying how nice she tries to be (ha!)), Tess had to start ("whatcha doin', runnin' away from me?").

Even then Danielle was going to keep right on walking but publicity hungry Old Kim saw too much chance for a blow-up and insisted that she come back.

Just because Danielle is paranoid doesn't mean that some people aren't indeed out to get her. Little things have me revising my opinion of the Thick Thieves and their hangers on. I think they're as mean as Danielle but perhaps smoother about expressing it. And of course there's security in numbers. It's pretty much Danielle alone now. And notice their drum beat of "Danielle's insane. Danielle's demented. Danielle lies and starts trouble."

It could be a strategy to drive us viewers away from Danielle. What I keep coming back to as well is (a) Alex (RHONY) going from wierdette to beloved and (b) Jill (same) transforming from wise fun friend to evil heartless cow.

Just saying. What with one side refusing to clarify what it is that makes Danielle 'garbage' (but the wounded party oddly the more willing to forgive, only to leave after an episode at the brownstone she didn't even attend...what exactly precipitated Dina's sudden turning on Danielle???), and Danielle talking as much nonsense as sense, it's hard to know and I'm gonig to be more reserved in my thoughts from now on.

Jacquline may seem like an air head but she knew Teresa was just baiting Danielle to start something and she wanted a front row seat.
    Again - the oh so innocent one isn't quite.

Kim G looks ridiculous wearing such a short skirt. Why would anyone wear an old lady hairdo w/ a sparkly mini mini dress? All it does is accentuate the fact that she's an old woman trying to still look like a young girl. I feel ok saying that because I'm a couple years older than Kim G and I'm always checking to make sure I don't look like I"m trying too hard to look young. It's a pathetic look.
    Plus! Plus! Old Kim could quite easily look like classy pretty Kim if she stopped being mutton dressed as lamb. She's got a very regal face and mannerisms, she could be classy but approachable, dignified but not ossified, age-appropriate but not ancient. Another site constantly refers to her as Debbie Reynolds and Debbie Reynolds was never anything but pretty. Her dress at the fashion show was over the top for a sixteen year old.

...Danielle is super, super looney tunes just like Kelly Bensimmon on RHONYC so who can even attempt to understand why she does what she does?
    See above. Remember conventional wisdom was that Alex was insane and tacky, Ramona hated her, and Jill was light and love to Bethenny. We found out different.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3956687;
    On the subject of Albert being disconnected from Caroline. I think Christopher seems more disconnected from Jacqueline or more inconvenience by her. As if whenever she walks into the room he thinks 'what does she want now!'
    I hadn't thought of that. We are seeing him more this season.

Something happened between seasons. Remember last season Chris said that Danielle was always welcome at their house; now, he wants no Danielle drama.

(For that matter right after the table flipping, Joe bought a round of drinks for everyone including Danielle. Meanwhile Caroline carefully doesn't mention her bff Bernie Kerik, although she's business partners with Mrs. K.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, Caroline, there is such a thing as volunteer work that can keep you as occupied as you WANT to be. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and get off your "rusty-dusty" and do something that needs to be done. She shows why you should not make your children your life. If they are normal, they are going to grow up and move on with their own lives, as they should; that's a way of gauging if you've done a good job bringing them along.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It really bothers me sometimes how hard people can be on other people. Danielle has been off her rocker for a pretty long time no doubt, so she's had years to figure out what her problem is and do something about it if she is so inclined (which apparently she is not).

On the other hand, Caroline probably started going through the change of life more recently, with all its attendant issues including her kids becoming adults and not needing her so much, perhaps not feeling attractive to or understood by her husband, not knowing what she wants to do for the rest of her life or even how to occupy her time in the near future. Give her a break! Not everyone is so able to know instantly what the answer is for them. Most women at that point in their lives need a little while to self-reflect, get in touch with their feelings, find their own answers ... and then she might become aware that volunteering could be a good outlet, as could any number of other pursuits, perhaps going back to school, taking a few classes, learning a new skill, starting her own small business, etc.

FORT Fogey

Agreed, Lucky22. Since when is it something to be mocked for that you want to spend time with your husband?? Last season, Lauren had no plans other than the Brownstone, and now she's almost successfully completed make up artist school (which, I think, is such a cool job!) and has a really serious boyfriend. That could easily become her moving out. On Watch What Happens Live, Albie said he was in the process of moving out. Christopher has apparently taken on a lot of his father's responsibilities at the Brownstone, and lots of times responsibility leads to independence.

It appears as though Albert really does work A LOT, he said something about working 16-hour days. If that's true, then I don't think it's unreasonable at all for Caroline to expect that he cut back his hours a little, now that they're financially very stable, they won't have to support their kids financially, and they'll have more time for themselves. Why is that so ridiculous???

My best friend's mother went from having six or seven kids in her house to having one in the span of a year or two. She spent several months being really depressed and searching for something to make her happier, and then found nursing school and loved it. Maybe it'll just take Caroline some time, or maybe it's not about her being bored and lonely but about her really wanting to reconnect with her husband.

On another note, it seems to me like Kim G has become Danielle's new Jacqueline. She wants to give her a chance and thinks that if she's there she can talk her out of her craziness and bad behavior, and she has yet to learn that she can't. Kim D is so clearly a player. I think that when she heard they were doing the show originally, she knew Danielle and started to get close to her, and when it turned out that Danielle was the loony, now she's changing her tune and wants to get close to Teresa and Jacqueline. Jacqueline doesn't seem to be buying in as much, but Teresa clearly is.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3956885;
    It really bothers me sometimes how hard people can be on other people. Danielle has been off her rocker for a pretty long time no doubt, so she's had years to figure out what her problem is and do something about it if she is so inclined (which apparently she is not).

On the other hand, Caroline probably started going through the change of life more recently, with all its attendant issues including her kids becoming adults and not needing her so much, perhaps not feeling attractive to or understood by her husband, not knowing what she wants to do for the rest of her life or even how to occupy her time in the near future. Give her a break! Not everyone is so able to know instantly what the answer is for them. Most women at that point in their lives need a little while to self-reflect, get in touch with their feelings, find their own answers ... and then she might become aware that volunteering could be a good outlet, as could any number of other pursuits, perhaps going back to school, taking a few classes, learning a new skill, starting her own small business, etc.

My point is that while she is doing nothing, she should start doing something and she will eventually find where she feels she fits. Excercising is a great place to start. It helps clear the mind and focus thoughts. She can plan a trip with hubby, and then tell him about it; she needs to plan it for a time down the road when he can rearrange his schedule to be off. There are so many things she can do. The only thing she is limited by is her imagination.

I am talking about her being proactive, instead of wallowing. Any little thing is better than nothing. Been there, done that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread