+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3305Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Re: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;3955724;
    Maybe he's just totally over Bravo and this insipid subplot? He provides the voice of reason to Caroline's empty nester woes: ALL OF THE KIDS STILL LIVE AT HOME! And they don't seem eager to move out on their own. She cooks for them! They still rely on her for advice and emotional support... all of which we have seen. So, my only question is where did her TEARS come from? Was it a crying jag?

Albert doesn't seem to be in a position to retire, plus they are not really old enough to be considering it, imo. Also, having a retired husband suddenly in your kitchen all day long instead of in his office has its own subset of emotional adustments
    I think those kids will be living at home when they are in their 40s and she will keep on letting them. She won't have to worry about having no kids at home. I think she could be in menopause and she is hormonal, but some poster whose name I can't remember had said they thought her "love tank" is empty and I tend to agree. Albert doesn't seem to have much affection for her. All their conversations seem between people who are friends, but not really husband and wife. Maybe he isn't paying enough attention to her and giving her what she needs. Or maybe he just isn't comfortable being affectionate in front of cameras. I don't know.

Also, she may regret it if he retires. My husband was off work or a while when he was recovering from injuries from his car wreck and he drove me nuts having him around all the time. I am very happy he is back at work as much as I love him.

That whole thing in Posche was nuts. Sure, the clerk wasn't friendly, but Danielle acted like shopkeeper Kim said, "If Danielle comes in, you need to be rude to her." I was scratching my head on how that was a slight against her.

Also, I thought Kellys dresses were bad, but Kim G's dress would be too short for Kelly.

FORT Fogey

Danielle wanted to be mad at Kim because Kim was being friendly with her arch enemies. She used the shopkeeper as an excuse to be pissy to Kim.

I'm the one who mentioned the empty love tank. She was trying so hard to be flirty and romantic with Albert when he was trying on suits. He was having none of it.
    Last edited by ubidiah; 06-29-2010 at 08:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3955137;
    I don't think that ever came up as an issue. Obviously the whole thing with Kim D calling DaniDemento to "mend fences" was scripted because Bravo needed her at the fashion show; otherwise, how would they fill an hour show? If Kim D really wanted to mend fences, why wouldn't she at least have gone over to D to say hello? She was the host of the event, plus how is it mending fences (or trying to keep a customer) when you make a point of persuading someone to come to your event and then you don't even greet them, not even a polite "hi, thanks for coming"? Same thing with Bravo planting Teresa in that chair to speak to Danielle as she was leaving ... to start another fight same as last year.
    This is the kind of inconvenient truth that I will have to work hard to ignore just so I can keep watching the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by barefootblush;3955208;
    Agreed. She is a beautiful girl, and her face gives you a pretty good idea of what Danielle's face probably should look like if she hadn't messed with it so much ...
    I was thinking that - Danielle could have, probably did, look quite pretty and a bit exotic even. But she went all angular and her eyebrows are frozen in a permanently surprised look. Not that the others are much - Shop Kim should be told that the 80's spiky hair dyed flat blond died out with the Reagan-Bush years.

Somebody on another site pointed this out - all the gals strutting up and down the runway at the Poorsh show had orange skin and greasy hair. Not pleasant. Mind you "coke whore" was beneath the belt and way out of line - though Danielle did apologize.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss;3955461;
    I think Danielle was so ticked off it wouldn't have matter if Shopkeeper Kim went over there or not. Danielle has a way of spinning everything into a negative. Had Kim went over there and said Hi how are you, glad you are here Danielle would have been OH is that all you are going to say to me after your shopkeeper tried to kill me?!?!?! So in that aspect I can't fault Kim because she was already going to lose.
    I agree to an extent - Danielle is certainly scary and magnifies any slight, real or fictitious, into an extension of her paranoid fantasies. That said, had Shopkim made an effort Danielle might have found it more awkward to get all spun up. Maybe.

That being said I think Kim Shopkeeper is more at fault that Theresa. Theresa has been hearing all season the crazy crap Danielle has been doing so I don't blame her for wanting to do a confrontation. Kim is the one who invited el crazy there so I blame her.
    Shopkim wants on that show so damned bad she'd have illicit relations with any of the housewives so I don't excuse her. Teresa behaved like a two year old. Danielle was right - she does make her own decisions to act loony. She thinks everything is a game. I have to admit I may be a bit harsh because part of me, knowing it wasn't so, was sort of hoping that T and D could make up - they were after all somewhat close.

Which makes me wonder if there isn't a fragment of truth in Danielle's repeated insistence that the Sisters Manzo are out to get her; they detached Jacqueline from her and then Teresa was removed.

But silly b*tch that she is, Demeted Danielle keeps making it easy for them.
    Also I think Jacqueline was in the hall to make sure Theresa didn't go crazy. XD
    Not in agreement. Jacqueline wanted to watch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3955537;
    I thought Caroline's comments were totally plausible. We've seen her, since day 1, as totally "devoted to family", so it's no surprise to see her starting to suffer from "empty nest syndrome."
    Is the show not going to be on next week? Everybody is talking about the fight taking place in 2 weeks.
    What is taking place next week?
    Not buying it entirely. She admitted that what she really wants is for Albert to work fewer hours but to get a molehill she has to campaign for a mountain.

I see a lot of Albert pere in Albert fils and Christopher.

Has anyone seen Tommy, the brother? He's not half bad looking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3955605;
    Maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable on camera. Dina's hubby, his brother, didn't even want to be filmed at all. As far as comforting Caroline, he's probably just a clueless man, somewhat typical, who focuses all his attention on his business although he loves his family. I thought it was nice that they do have their "date nights." That shows interest in her. I really like Caroline ... she loves her family, is devoted to her kids, has lots of good common sense, doesn't seem to always be out buying a ton of crap, and is smart enough to stay away from Danielle.
    Tommy didn't mind being on My Big Fat Appallingly Over the Top Wedding. Actually Tommy's really really sexy to me. I don't think Caroline and Albert are disconnected - he just seemed that way because she was talking total cr*p that morning. He looked more surprised at his normally very down to earth contadina spouting this touchy feely stuff.

Don't tell me if the original Thick Thief wanted her kids to stay home and keep her company she would balk at kneecapping one of them. She probably has Mommy's Special Baseball Bat for the purpose.

She said she asked for the mountain to settle for hill ... so asked for him to retire when she really wanted him to consider cutting back hours. I'm facing empty nest in 2-3 years and I'm already bursting into tears and all. I don't think it was unreasonable of her at all, her kids may be sleeping there, but she sees them maybe 30 minutes before and after bed if that. That hurts.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3955639;
    The war of the classless ... Danielle is always expecting a fight, and Teresa wanted one. I'm sick of many things on this show: Danielle evidently cannot use "women" or "woman" properly, Teresa's "Aint I nice, I'm always nice" just to name a couple.
    Which is utter BS - one read of Skinny Itahyan will reveal the constant stream of invective against Danielle.

Who knows if Ashley was waving at Danielle or someone else, I don't put it past Bravo to set someone up, however I also know how juvenile Ashley behaves. How in the world did Teresa and Ashley get past Jacqueline when they were at the same table ???
    Jacqueline was off in her own little world, playing with Kelly probably.

Danielle cannot get it through her head that not everyone on earth knows you. "Tell Kim to call ME." Counter Lady (my new favorite, btw) "And you are???" to empty air as Danielle must put off her younger daughter's call because she's manufacturing a "situation."
    Oh, now, are you telling me that Counter Lady didn't know that that was Danielle? Why else were the camera crew there? She wasn't rude at first but then she decided to be a bit off-hand.

Grandma Kim's instructions to Danielle to behave with a bit of class by putting the phone away fell on deaf and dumb ears. Danielle would rather wallow in the muck and try to put on a show (that no one was watching! ) than behave with "light and love".
    Gramma Kim! Grammy's getting more and more tired with Danielle's antics and may stop chauffeuring her around in her Bentley. Grammy Kim was disgusted with Danny and Danny's been disappeared - Grammy Kim may just give up on Demetina all together. Watch for the Manzos to make a play for her affection.

Drunk Kim's plan was executed perfectly. She set up the ingredients for a fight, sat back and got one. Either she or Bravo set up the seating arrangement with the same goal in mind and they were not disappointed.
    Drunk Kim is an appalling woman with whom one should have nothing to do. She's a two-faced b*tch.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3956116;
    She said she asked for the mountain to settle for hill ... so asked for him to retire when she really wanted him to consider cutting back hours. I'm facing empty nest in 2-3 years and I'm already bursting into tears and all. I don't think it was unreasonable of her at all, her kids may be sleeping there, but she sees them maybe 30 minutes before and after bed if that. That hurts.
    Her kids didn't just start growing up. They're all adults and have been for awhile. Who's moving out? Albie? She still probably does all the cooking, cleaning, etc. that she always has. This is not about her kids, this is about her wanting a husband in all senses of the word. Before Albert was really overweight then he lost tons of weight and she probably thought he'd get back in the saddle, but he didn't. Now she lost a lot of weight. Probably for the cameras, yeah, but probably because she wants Albert to be interested in her again. I actually feel a little sorry for her. She needs a hobby.

+ Reply to Thread